Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS460, LS460L and LS600h
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Wheels help please.

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-14, 09:10 PM   #1
cm09578
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: maryland
Posts: 704
Default Wheels help please.

About to buy a set of XO Wheels, New York, 22x9 +35

I have a 2009 ls460 AWD. From all my research I believe these will work, what to confirm!

Does anyone have them??
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
cm09578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 09:46 PM   #2
LexFather
Guest
Trader Score: ()
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Are these the ones that look exactly like CV3s?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 10:21 PM   #3
CJITTY
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,110
CJATL404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm09578 View Post
About to buy a set of XO Wheels, New York, 22x9 +35

I have a 2009 ls460 AWD. From all my research I believe these will work, what to confirm!

Does anyone have them??
Why not go staggered? 35 offset is def gonna looked sunken in on the rear. Have you looked at the wheel and tire sticky research thread? 3 of us LS600 owners have posts in there with pics and wheel specs and we all have AWD by default since they are 600s. If you do go 22x9 all around I would shoot for 25mm to 30mm offsets. Farming posted in that thread too and he had 22x9 with 30mm offsets and could of easily ran 5mm spacers to help reduce the sunken in look IMO. I have a 22x10.5" wide wheel 38mm offset with 305/25/22 tire and it fills up that fender perfectly. That 305 wide tire makes all the difference.
__________________
2008 LS600hL - Smokey Granite Mica
My LS600hL Build Thread with Photos and More http://tinyurl.com/cahf9mo
HOT!!---> LS460/LS600hL Community Wheel and Tire Research Thread http://tinyurl.com/bwg9hk4

Last edited by CJITTY; 04-30-14 at 10:46 PM..
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 10:24 PM   #4
CJITTY
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,110
CJATL404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexFather View Post
Are these the ones that look exactly like CV3s?
I believe it is the Havana's. The spokes look a little bit wider than the cv3s I think
__________________
2008 LS600hL - Smokey Granite Mica
My LS600hL Build Thread with Photos and More http://tinyurl.com/cahf9mo
HOT!!---> LS460/LS600hL Community Wheel and Tire Research Thread http://tinyurl.com/bwg9hk4
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 07:47 AM   #5
cm09578
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: maryland
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
Why not go staggered? 35 offset is def gonna looked sunken in on the rear. Have you looked at the wheel and tire sticky research thread? 3 of us LS600 owners have posts in there with pics and wheel specs and we all have AWD by default since they are 600s. If you do go 22x9 all around I would shoot for 25mm to 30mm offsets. Farming posted in that thread too and he had 22x9 with 30mm offsets and could of easily ran 5mm spacers to help reduce the sunken in look IMO. I have a 22x10.5" wide wheel 38mm offset with 305/25/22 tire and it fills up that fender perfectly. That 305 wide tire makes all the difference.
Thank you, I understand many are running staggered on the AWD, but my only concern is that the car will be driven a lot, 30k miles this year at least. You don't think that many miles will be a problem with a staggered setup? Also, was trying to stay with a 30 tire over a 25 due to the amount of miles the car will be driven. Please advise
cm09578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 07:49 AM   #6
cm09578
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: maryland
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
I believe it is the Havana's. The spokes look a little bit wider than the cv3s I think
These are the wheels

http://www.xowheels.com/wheels/New%20York
cm09578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 08:40 AM   #7
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,283
sydtoosic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm09578 View Post
Thank you, I understand many are running staggered on the AWD, but my only concern is that the car will be driven a lot, 30k miles this year at least. You don't think that many miles will be a problem with a staggered setup? Also, was trying to stay with a 30 tire over a 25 due to the amount of miles the car will be driven. Please advise
just had my tranny and transfer case checked, rotors resurfaced, new brakes... i am running a staggered set up on an AWD LS460 and everything checked out fine and i have 30K miles on this car in a year. oh and put new tires on, the tires were worn on outside on pass. and worn on the inside on driver side. my alignment was perfect, so the worn tires were due to the weight of the car and maybe the tire pressure.
__________________
13 LS460
sydtoosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 09:05 AM   #8
cm09578
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: maryland
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
just had my tranny and transfer case checked, rotors resurfaced, new brakes... i am running a staggered set up on an AWD LS460 and everything checked out fine and i have 30K miles on this car in a year. oh and put new tires on, the tires were worn on outside on pass. and worn on the inside on driver side. my alignment was perfect, so the worn tires were due to the weight of the car and maybe the tire pressure.
You have an AWD?
What is your setup, wheels & tires? Thanks!
cm09578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 03:49 PM   #9
CJITTY
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,110
CJATL404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm09578 View Post
You have an AWD?
What is your setup, wheels & tires? Thanks!
As suggested earlier, all of that is in the wheel and tire info thread, I urge you to look through all the posts which show setups for suspension, wheels and tires to show real world examples on what works for people

Here is his Syd's setup from that thread. http://www.clublexus.com/forums/7918196-post53.html
I know him personally and he is speaking the truth

Plus, keep in mind that 25 series or 30 series is merely the aspect ratio or percentage of overall width. So my 30 fronts have the same overall diameter as my 25 rears and same treadwear rating. I can get all 4 tires shipped to my house for $575 brand new and they are just as quiet as my $900 continental dws tires, so don't let that keep you from going staggered. I just had my tires balanced after nearly 10 months and they checked out great. I had some feathering on one but that was due to an alignment issue and if I need a new one sooner than the rest, it is only $92 shipped..not a big deal
__________________
2008 LS600hL - Smokey Granite Mica
My LS600hL Build Thread with Photos and More http://tinyurl.com/cahf9mo
HOT!!---> LS460/LS600hL Community Wheel and Tire Research Thread http://tinyurl.com/bwg9hk4
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 07:55 PM   #10
cm09578
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: maryland
Posts: 704
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
As suggested earlier, all of that is in the wheel and tire info thread, I urge you to look through all the posts which show setups for suspension, wheels and tires to show real world examples on what works for people

Here is his Syd's setup from that thread. http://www.clublexus.com/forums/7918196-post53.html
I know him personally and he is speaking the truth

Plus, keep in mind that 25 series or 30 series is merely the aspect ratio or percentage of overall width. So my 30 fronts have the same overall diameter as my 25 rears and same treadwear rating. I can get all 4 tires shipped to my house for $575 brand new and they are just as quiet as my $900 continental dws tires, so don't let that keep you from going staggered. I just had my tires balanced after nearly 10 months and they checked out great. I had some feathering on one but that was due to an alignment issue and if I need a new one sooner than the rest, it is only $92 shipped..not a big deal
Thank you, I have gone through it 100 times..lol
cm09578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 07:55 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pic request -- 19 inch wheels WITHOUT drop zabone IS - Third Generation 24 06-18-14 11:02 AM
Tint shop in new york? djsohott NELOC 6 05-18-14 08:55 PM
new york car meet frankes300 NELOC 11 01-14-13 11:40 AM
WHeel redo drewmack The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum 0 05-06-07 09:31 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info