LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Shopping for my first LS460L

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-14, 08:47 AM
g2dachoppa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shopping for my first LS460L

Greetings. I'm a long time lurker and am finally moving towards purchasing my first Lexus. Its been really difficult for me to find cars that match my color/options preferences using autotrader/cars.com/yahoo. Part of the difficulty may also be that I am looking at the lower end of the ls460 price range 30-40k. Is there any other resources for finding used ls460s with your desired options? Here is what I have been hunting for:

White exterior
Light Gray interior
Radar cruise
4 zone AC
Air suspension
Rear comfort package (all the bell and whistles, button filled arm rest and side shades)
Under 75K miles

I love the exec setup but am nervous about losing a back seat plus its even more rare that what I am looking for. The white cars just pop to me and I like the dark grey wood accents on the gray interior.
Old 04-26-14, 10:28 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Well the only other place online is eBay, but I'm not too keen on them. What is going to make it hard is the radar cruise (Pre-Collision System). Those are somewhat rare, particularly in snow belt states, but that shouldn't be a problem for you. It's a fantastic option.

The only other thing is contact your local dealer(s) and tell them to BOLO.

Good luck with the search.
Old 04-26-14, 10:29 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Have you tried craigslist?
Old 04-26-14, 10:39 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a 2008 LS 460L black/black with all the options that you describe. Loving the LS. Notice that you're in TX, me too. there are many LS available in Houston. I found mine on autotrader. Good luck with your search.
Old 04-26-14, 12:08 PM
g2dachoppa
Driver School Candidate

I've looked locally on craigslist and only found a few. Nospinzone is right about the radar cruise. It's the first feature I look for and its usually missing. I'm going to take your advice about contacting the dealer. I may have to up my price a bit but I hate to regret not getting an option that my heart is set on.

I have been searching nation wide on autotrader and cars.com primarily. I probably need to expand my color choices to include silver. I like it almost as much as white. I love the way black looks but I have had two black cars recently and need a break from the upkeep that they require!

Scorpio74 i'm jealous, that sounds like a beautiful car! I like you user name, I was born in november of 74

I did test drive a gray on gray car locally, it had 52k miles and a few paint defects but nothing serious. The car shuddered quite a bit during high speed braking (80mph) so it probably needs new rotors. The glove box was shaking like crazy! They have dropped the price twice and its now only 31k. The car is nice, its a loaded LS! I just love that white car. I'm still keeping an eye on it though.

Saw a heavily modded white LS in florida that has all the options....the interior just not quite my style: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ink=true&Log=0
Old 04-26-14, 12:20 PM
g2dachoppa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by scorpio74
I just bought a 2008 LS 460L black/black with all the options that you describe. Loving the LS. Notice that you're in TX, me too. there are many LS available in Houston. I found mine on autotrader. Good luck with your search.
I just saw the pictures you posted of the your new car. That is a seriously sharp car. Love those wheels!
Old 04-26-14, 06:27 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

You should buy my 600, it's in your range but has tan interior. Shameless plug.
Old 04-26-14, 06:56 PM
Mitty
Rookie

Here's another resource....

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/index.html

Happy hunting.
Old 04-26-14, 08:02 PM
g2dachoppa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by patgilm
I love the 600 but I really need the hwy mpg of the rwd 460. I love taking long trips and hope that the reports of 27-29 are true! That and I may go with staggered wheel setup. What are you replacing the 600 with?
Old 04-27-14, 05:55 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

try www.cargurus.com
Old 04-28-14, 07:50 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by g2dachoppa
I love the 600 but I really need the hwy mpg of the rwd 460. I love taking long trips and hope that the reports of 27-29 are true! That and I may go with staggered wheel setup. What are you replacing the 600 with?
I get 27mpg highway. I am looking at GTRs, both of my kids are in booster seats now. I kind of don't care if I don't sell it because it is really the best car I have had and my kids like the room and TV. I have always had a sports car so I kind of miss having one.
Old 04-28-14, 07:58 AM
GAZA4Life
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pics of your 600?
Old 04-28-14, 08:24 AM
g2dachoppa
Driver School Candidate

I get 27mpg highway. I am looking at GTRs, both of my kids are in booster seats now. I kind of don't care if I don't sell it because it is really the best car I have had and my kids like the room and TV. I have always had a sports car so I kind of miss having one.
The GTR's are awesome cars. I am getting rid of my z06 to go to the 460L. With only two seats its just not that practical for me. No kids but I often find it limiting and need to move to a four seater. Also between the vette and my truck I really want something that is quiet to drive! My only apprehension is that I wish Lexus's engines could be tuned or modified. I'm not used to leaving cars unmodified under the hood.
Old 04-28-14, 09:51 AM
shrikelex
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by g2dachoppa
The GTR's are awesome cars. I am getting rid of my z06 to go to the 460L. With only two seats its just not that practical for me. No kids but I often find it limiting and need to move to a four seater. Also between the vette and my truck I really want something that is quiet to drive! My only apprehension is that I wish Lexus's engines could be tuned or modified. I'm not used to leaving cars unmodified under the hood.
Well coming from a 4cyl 2010 accord, what's cool about the base 460 is that when you get to a light and your making a right turn, your light just turns red, you stop and traffic on left goes with the green in say 3 modded corollas thinking they can beat you and you leave them in the dust if your LS is running good, that's my favorite acceleration point-people think because the car is big it doesn't have power. Now I will say you may not take everything on the road, one car a day for me keeps me happy. Good luck with your purchase

Last edited by shrikelex; 04-28-14 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-09-15, 12:31 AM
AkhilinMD
Driver School Candidate

Any pics? I'm moving (back) to the DC area and am considering a LS460/600 purchase.

I just joined the forum, so bear with me. I'm looking to purchase an used LS460/600 and was hoping you could enlighten as to what to look for in terms of trouble spots.

Quick Reply: Shopping for my first LS460L