LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2007 LS SWB - No auxiliary port?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-14, 08:54 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Neph
I hear ya, Lexus Navigation won't even work on Guam. Why pay for features you can't use?
Well, for me it is the appearance of not having the LCD. Plus, I love my IVIC to watch TV, my android nav apps, NBA Gametime, Netflix, and other apps. Buying these cars used, it is easy to knock off thousands of dollars in just simple negotiation so you really aren't paying for anything extra if you know what I mean. I know many of us were shocked when we first heard about LS's not having NAV. We honestly could not believe a $75K would not have it.
Old 04-24-14, 10:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Well, for me it is the appearance of not having the LCD. Plus, I love my IVIC to watch TV, my android nav apps, NBA Gametime, Netflix, and other apps. Buying these cars used, it is easy to knock off thousands of dollars in just simple negotiation so you really aren't paying for anything extra if you know what I mean. I know many of us were shocked when we first heard about LS's not having NAV. We honestly could not believe a $75K would not have it.
there is still a lcd (same size) for cars without nav (us spec)
Old 04-24-14, 12:06 PM
808LS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Not quite sure what you are describing, do you have a 3.5mm jack next to the 12v power socket inside your armrest console?
If you are referring to me, I do not have a 3.5 mm jack next to the 12v accessory outlet, nor do I have a female USB charging port.
Old 04-24-14, 12:31 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
there is still a lcd (same size) for cars without nav (us spec)
Oh really? And it still works with a device like iVIC? Interesting. I thought it was just a block of HVAC controls..well never mind then
Old 04-24-14, 01:33 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by 808LS
If you are referring to me, I do not have a 3.5 mm jack next to the 12v accessory outlet, nor do I have a female USB charging port.
No, sorry, I was responding to fhobbs. Should have quoted his post.
Old 04-24-14, 03:07 PM
Neph
Driver School Candidate

Oh really? And it still works with a device like iVIC? Interesting. I thought it was just a block of HVAC controls..well never mind then
Yeah, I have the LCD and can watch DVDs, control audio, HVAC and phone on it. Basically the same as the navigation model with less buttons. I believe you are thinking of the non-nav, non-ML model. And I do agree, when there's no screen, it feels like something is... missing.
Old 04-24-14, 03:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yes, there were pictures of ls460 with no lcd at all, maybe that's for other regions. but for us spec, there is still lcd screen. i actually just installed ivic on a ls460 (also from hawaii) with no nav, everything worked except backup camera
Old 04-24-14, 06:39 PM
krypto89
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Guess I'll have to spring for a Vais SL3B - commuting without my podcasts in Hawaii traffic would suck (First World Problems).
might want to double check to see if this works because i looked at the application guide on the VAIS website their products need NAV to work for 07 -09....
Old 04-24-14, 07:03 PM
808LS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by krypto89
might want to double check to see if this works because i looked at the application guide on the VAIS website their products need NAV to work for 07 -09....
Thanks. I thought so too, so I emailed them to confirm. I told them I did not have NAV, and Eugene Kaspin (of VAIStech) assured me that it will work with my application. I placed the order yesterday (selecting the ML + NAV option) and it shipped today. FYI: they are currently providing free ground shipping (even to Hawaii). I should have it by the middle of next week. Fingers crossed this unit works.
Old 04-24-14, 07:06 PM
krypto89
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks. I thought so too, so I emailed them to confirm. I told them I did not have NAV, and Eugene Kaspin (of VAIStech) assured me that it will work with my application. I placed the order yesterday (selecting the ML + NAV option) and it shipped today. FYI: they are currently providing free ground shipping (even to Hawaii). I should have it by the middle of next week. Fingers crossed this unit works.
awesome! let me know if it works so i can place my order right after. thanks...
Old 04-24-14, 07:07 PM
808LS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by krypto89
awesome! let me know if it works so i can place my order right after. thanks...
Will do.
Old 04-24-14, 08:39 PM
Fhobbs
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sktn77a
No, sorry, I was responding to fhobbs. Should have quoted his post.
Yes, that is what I have. I am guessing that is not the same as an aux port.
Old 04-25-14, 08:10 AM
LexFather

I wonder if it has something to do with the build dates....sometimes an earlier build date won't get updates a later build date gets.....
Old 04-25-14, 11:33 AM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

DISC-AUX for me:

That 7 year old sticker is killing me. I wish I could reach through the screen and pull it off.
Old 04-25-14, 12:36 PM
808LS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AZGS4
That 7 year old sticker is killing me. I wish I could reach through the screen and pull it off.
I know, right!? Just think, it's only like 2' away from me in the driver seat. It's taking all my willpower to leave it on. Sometimes, when I'm alone, I give it a little tug, imagining how gratifying it would be to just yank the f@ck out of it. In the end I come to my senses and leave it be...I just know it'll increase resale value by at least 16.5% when that day comes.

Quick Reply: 2007 LS SWB - No auxiliary port?