LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 Bluetooth Stops working after new minutes

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-14, 11:06 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks like fuse 14 on the passenger side is the fuse for Lexus Link that doesn't drag everything else down with it. It does note that it has something to do with on board diagnostics, but I would imagine that is the utility they use to monitor the status of the car when you pay for the subscription. I would proceed at your own risk with removing this fuse, but I believe it to be the next step in discovering the root of your issue.

-Joe
Old 05-06-14, 02:47 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus2060
Thank you for your reply. I did troubleshoot the phone itself. I even tried seven different phones by different manufacturers. Sorry to say the problem continues.
As far as I can tell you have not told us what kind of phone you are having problems with. The 07 LS460s had some problems with phone compatibility - I had problems with my old Nokia phone. I think it would be a good idea for you to tell us what model phones you are having problems with to see if others have any experience with the same phones.

I have a '07 LS460 and am using an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5 with no problems regarding the Bluetooth. I do have problems transferring the directories but no concerns with that.
Old 05-09-14, 09:47 AM
lexus2060
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmcraney
As far as I can tell you have not told us what kind of phone you are having problems with. The 07 LS460s had some problems with phone compatibility - I had problems with my old Nokia phone. I think it would be a good idea for you to tell us what model phones you are having problems with to see if others have any experience with the same phones.

I have a '07 LS460 and am using an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5 with no problems regarding the Bluetooth. I do have problems transferring the directories but no concerns with that.
Thank you for your reply. I have tried the following phones:
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPhone 5S
Samsung 5
Motorolla
HTC
I truly believe the problem to be in the Lexus link not the Bluetooth but I am not an exert on that.
Old 05-09-14, 09:51 AM
lexus2060
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jamodeo
It looks like fuse 14 on the passenger side is the fuse for Lexus Link that doesn't drag everything else down with it. It does note that it has something to do with on board diagnostics, but I would imagine that is the utility they use to monitor the status of the car when you pay for the subscription. I would proceed at your own risk with removing this fuse, but I believe it to be the next step in discovering the root of your issue.

-Joe
Hello Joe:

I removed fuse 14 and it disabled the Lexus Link and created a warning message in the dashboard disabling the SRS system. I am going to drive the car this weekend with the SRS warning light on and test to see if the bluetooth stays on.

Anyone knows how to pop the roof console that houses the buttons of Lexus Link??
Old 05-09-14, 10:15 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus2060
Hello Joe:

I removed fuse 14 and it disabled the Lexus Link and created a warning message in the dashboard disabling the SRS system. I am going to drive the car this weekend with the SRS warning light on and test to see if the bluetooth stays on.

Anyone knows how to pop the roof console that houses the buttons of Lexus Link??
I don't like that, sit in the car in the driveway and test, do not drive car around with your SRS system disabled.

-Joe
Old 04-27-23, 08:01 AM
MoeObedat
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Similar problem

Hi everyone and sorry for reviving a thread from 2014 but it's almost the only information available online that describes this problem and it's interesting to see if it's solved already and how.
recently bought a 2007 LS460 with 220k miles runs great.
for me I'm not able to connect my phone at all as the Bluetooth is not available and show the message "handsfree is not available during emergency call"
Would appreciate it if anyone has reached to a solution for this after all that years.
I posted a new thread with more information and description about it and here is the linkhttps://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/1003231-bluetooth-not-available-during-emergency-call-message.html

Last edited by MoeObedat; 04-27-23 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-27-23, 08:20 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,209 Likes on 956 Posts

Model year and miles always. The message sounds as though the SOS button above the mirror is activated. Of course since 3g cell service is discontinued, no cars before about 2018 will actually make the call. If pressing the button doesn't cancel it, find the fuse and pull it, check to see if message is gone and replug fuse.
Old 04-27-23, 08:46 AM
MoeObedat
8th Gear

Originally Posted by swfla
Model year and miles always. The message sounds as though the SOS button above the mirror is activated. Of course since 3g cell service is discontinued, no cars before about 2018 will actually make the call. If pressing the button doesn't cancel it, find the fuse and pull it, check to see if message is gone and replug fuse.
Thanks for the reply I already edited my reply and added the information needed, the guys were talking about fuse number 14 but no updates after that, actually even with the presence of the fuse number I was not able to determine which is which 😅, I posted a thread anyway with more information and description about it so that might bring this problem to light with an effective solution for it.
Here is the link to that thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l-message.html
Old 04-27-23, 09:32 AM
MoeObedat
8th Gear

Originally Posted by swfla
I just disconnected the whole overhead unit, not solved.