LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Please share your experience with Beat-Sonic NVK-18 Navigation Bypass Module

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-14, 12:57 PM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you are correct, you only have to access the back of the radio unit on the 2013 LS, which makes the installation a lot more straight forward (trust me you don't want to know what it takes to access the back of the navigation screen).

regarding the timeout issue. on some other brand, there are problems with the override timing out after 30 seconds or so. meaning you are driving at 40+mph, you override the navigation, but after 30 seconds or so, the navigation will suddenly figure out that the car is actually moving and "gray out" the menus again. people will have to disable the override and override it again, making it a very painful process. that is a design flaw in the override unit and should not be the case. some people are told this is how it is but fact is it shouldn't be if it's designed correctly.

prestigious units do not have this problem and the override stays active throughout the time you intend it to
Great, thank you for the response! Now if I could only find a DIY on removing the radio

-Joe
Old 04-09-14, 01:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by jamodeo
Great, thank you for the response! Now if I could only find a DIY on removing the radio

-Joe

no worry there. some brand they don't give out instructions but the prestigious unit comes with detail instructions on how to take things apart and what to look out for so you are in good hands.

but in any case, the installation is not hard at all. you just need to take out few panels and remove the shift plate, and then pretty much some bolts and take out the radio
Old 04-09-14, 02:07 PM
sprtent
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I can somewhat confirm what rominl said about the time-out part. Since installed, I have used the feature a handful of times, and I didn't have to re-activate the module if I haven't finish entering a destination within a specific amount of time (30-45 seconds). And when I finished and deactivate it, within 5 seconds the system recognized my current location and start navigating.

I was going to post some pics and illustrations of what's need to be removed. Yes, like rominl said, you only have to removed the stereo, which is bolted on by two bolts. Get the stereo out and it's just several of plug-and-play. Becareful not to scratch any trim pieces needed to be taken out to get to the stereo is the hardest part.
Old 04-09-14, 02:14 PM
LexFather

no worry there. some brand they don't give out instructions but the prestigious unit comes with detail instructions on how to take things apart and what to look out for so you are in good hands.

but in any case, the installation is not hard at all. you just need to take out few panels and remove the shift plate, and then pretty much some bolts and take out the radio
Are you a part of Prestigious Society? Can you clarify with us your relationship with them? Thank you.
Old 04-09-14, 02:31 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lexgolf
If anyone has installed this module to disable Nav / phonebook lock while in motion, please share your experience.

Specifically, is there a step-by-step instruction thread. I have been looking but unable to find.

Has anyone tried stereo installers to do so? If so, how much did you pay?

Thanks,
Dear lexgolf, thank you for your interest in our NVK-18!

Please pm me with your email address and I can email over our step-by-step instructions for your 2012 Lexus LS460.

Typically, local stereo shops will charge anywhere between $50-$100 depending on their rate. Since the unit is plug and play, the installation is not too difficult but it does require you to take apart some panels and interior parts to get behind your radio.

We retail the NVK-18 for $160. However, we provide special pricing for CL members. Please PM for the special price.

Some members on this thread seem to be concerned about other companies limiting the bypass to 30 seconds. Be assured that our NVK-18 does not have the 30 second limitation issue.

Thank you!

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 04-09-14, 02:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LexFather
Are you a part of Prestigious Society? Can you clarify with us your relationship with them? Thank you.
i am not part of prestigious society at all. i am a friend of the owner which you actually knew since a while back so i am surprised you are asking me like you never knew.

but most importantly, i have been buying their products sine 2007 and i am very happy about the products. it's not because i know the owner but because of the quality of product and service i receive that makes it a pleasant experience. fwiw, before you or anyone questions, i actually never received any free or discounted items in exchange for anything. i never care for free stuff and i buy and say stuff that i want.

and to be fair, i actually have my fair experience with beatsonic products as well (hands on) and by comparison, sorry to say but i am not that impressed about the product packaging and misinformation. i am not saying their stuff don't work, most of them do and i have mentioned countless times before. it's just matter of personal preference and experience that i pick one over another.
Old 04-09-14, 02:38 PM
LexFather

i am not part of prestigious society at all. i am a friend of the owner which you actually knew since a while back so i am surprised you are asking me like you never knew.

but most importantly, i have been buying their products sine 2007 and i am very happy about the products. it's not because i know the owner but because of the quality of product and service i receive that makes it a pleasant experience. fwiw, before you or anyone questions, i actually never received any free or discounted items in exchange for anything. i never care for free stuff and i buy and say stuff that i want.

and to be fair, i actually have my fair experience with beatsonic products as well (hands on) and by comparison, sorry to say but i am not that impressed about the product quality and misinformation. i am not saying their stuff don't work, some of theirs do and i have mentioned countless times before. it's just matter of personal preference and experience that i pick one over another.
Thank you :thumb up: We both know its good to be passionate behind a brand.
Old 04-09-14, 02:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LexFather
Thank you :thumb up: We both know its good to be passionate behind a brand.
you are welcome. never thought about being passionate behind a brand, i root more for the individual products instead. in that regard i do think beatsonic sells some very nice radio brackets and shark fin antennas
Old 04-09-14, 07:51 PM
lexgolf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I installed my PS unit myself. It comes with VERY clear instructions as well as some youtube vids to help you along. It's a quality unit and works as it should. The Beatsonic is certainly a little cheaper, but from all my research, it's not as nice a unit as the PS. For one thing, the buttons are larger and more cumbersome and the wiring harnesses are quite large and awkward as well. They also do not come with clear instructions (if any at all). Spend the extra 50 bucks and get a known product that will not disappoint. I ordered direct from Prestigious Society.
Just ordered PS direct from them. They gave free shipping as CL discount, and shipped the same day.

Will need help installing when it arrives. Where is the most detailed install thread?

Cheers!
Old 04-10-14, 03:04 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

The instructions are good that come with the PS, it's only 2 wire harnesses to connect and you cannot connect them wrong...they just won't fit.

Here is a video to remove the radio and NAV. You only need to move the NAV and take ONLY the two plugs you need.
Old 04-10-14, 07:16 PM
Dryrunner
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did the PS install 2 weeks ago. Two vids on You Tube. Took me an hour going real slow. Watch Goodfellas on way home tonite. Sweet.
Old 04-10-14, 09:13 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Just ordered PS direct from them. They gave free shipping as CL discount, and shipped the same day.
Wow. When I emailed them they told me there was no CL discount and I ended paying full price and no perks (free shipping) or otherwise. That was in February, Whatevs...

I posted a full DIY with pics here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...with-pics.html
Old 04-10-14, 09:31 PM
lexgolf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Wow. When I emailed them they told me there was no CL discount and I ended paying full price and no perks (free shipping) or otherwise. That was in February, Whatevs...

I posted a full DIY with pics here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...with-pics.html
Thanks for sharing the video. The PS guy said that the Nav unit does not have to come out totally. You just remove 2 screws (or are these 8 mm bolts?), and somehow you can access the back of the unit! Not very clear.

Do I only need a 10mm nut driver, or anything else? The unit is coming tomorrow, and I would like to get it done this weekend.
Old 04-10-14, 09:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lexgolf
Thanks for sharing the video. The PS guy said that the Nav unit does not have to come out totally. You just remove 2 screws (or are these 8 mm bolts?), and somehow you can access the back of the unit! Not very clear.

Do I only need a 10mm nut driver, or anything else? The unit is coming tomorrow, and I would like to get it done this weekend.
for the 2012 ls, you need 10mm and 8mm
Old 04-10-14, 10:17 PM
LexFather

Wow this BeatSonic Group Buy is amazing!!! $100!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...xus-100-a.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...xus-100-a.html

Quick Reply: Please share your experience with Beat-Sonic NVK-18 Navigation Bypass Module