LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My new 2014 LS F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-14, 08:42 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BeatSonic
Awesome! Congrats! Looking forward to your build
Thank you

Originally Posted by 14LSSport
Welcome, I'm kinda partial to white too. Loving my LS F-Sport.
We need to have a mini mini mini meet
Old 04-11-14, 08:29 PM
cerbum
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Woot indeed. Welcome to "the club."
Old 04-12-14, 08:07 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Sweet ride man! Congrats on getting the mean one! Not too many 460Fsports have showed up at my dealership. I've only seen a handful of them, of course I took one out for a ride the second they came off the truck lol. I really REALLY like the f sport 460. It's edgier and more mechanical feeling on the road, better handling, it looks downright menacing looking coming up behind you on a dark country road especially in black, and that exhaust note it makes when hammered is absolutely glorious sounding! Enjoy your new ride hope to be able to get one someday!
Old 04-12-14, 08:32 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Damn !!! I wouldn't leave the garage and just sit and look at that bad boy all day !!!!!
Old 04-12-14, 08:34 PM
14LSSport
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got 465 miles on my garage queen. Just been to busy to drive it, I don't drive it to work.
Old 04-13-14, 06:24 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Yeah if I got a 460 f sport I don't think it would leave the garage very often. I'd be paranoid as hell about it. No eating smoking drinking in it. Hell I'd make people take there shoes off before getting in it, like I did with my 95 Ls400 when I first got it lol. I'd be washing and waxing it every other day.
Old 04-13-14, 09:56 AM
shrikelex
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice ride, that would be the color I'd get if I made the jump ..
Old 04-13-14, 12:20 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

I also pulled the trigger last month and traded in my 08 LS for a 14 LS F Sport. I absolutely love the car!!
Old 04-14-14, 11:37 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great pick-up man. Cannot wait to see what you do to it.
Old 05-02-14, 11:06 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by cerbum
Woot indeed. Welcome to "the club."
Glad to be a member.

Originally Posted by Stereorob
Sweet ride man! Congrats on getting the mean one! Not too many 460Fsports have showed up at my dealership. I've only seen a handful of them, of course I took one out for a ride the second they came off the truck lol. I really REALLY like the f sport 460. It's edgier and more mechanical feeling on the road, better handling, it looks downright menacing looking coming up behind you on a dark country road especially in black, and that exhaust note it makes when hammered is absolutely glorious sounding! Enjoy your new ride hope to be able to get one someday!
I have seen maybe 2 other one's around here and saw 0 in Atlanta. Super happy so far!

Originally Posted by MrMark
Damn !!! I wouldn't leave the garage and just sit and look at that bad boy all day !!!!!
The front end mesmerizes me.

Originally Posted by 14LSSport
I got 465 miles on my garage queen. Just been to busy to drive it, I don't drive it to work.
Dude I'm waaaay past you already

Originally Posted by Stereorob
Yeah if I got a 460 f sport I don't think it would leave the garage very often. I'd be paranoid as hell about it. No eating smoking drinking in it. Hell I'd make people take there shoes off before getting in it, like I did with my 95 Ls400 when I first got it lol. I'd be washing and waxing it every other day.
I was like that for about a week and back to my old ways, smells like chicken and jolly ranchers Its also filthy outside.

Originally Posted by shrikelex
Nice ride, that would be the color I'd get if I made the jump ..
I love it in the other hues but in the ultra white, it just makes me

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
I also pulled the trigger last month and traded in my 08 LS for a 14 LS F Sport. I absolutely love the car!!
Dude your car is sick!

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Great pick-up man. Cannot wait to see what you do to it.
Thanks mann, nice hanging out the other day.
Old 05-02-14, 11:07 AM
LexFather

The car is being tagged all over instagram so my idea of a full reveal with parts is down the drain...so I gave my bud at Southrnfresh an exclusive photoshoot....its not even on Vossen's site yet. 22x9 and 22x10.5 CVT with Pirelli P Zero Tires

Old 05-02-14, 09:21 PM
thISguy350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much more awesome is the LS F-Sport over the GS F sport. im in the same boat with a kid on the way and i think i want a little more room, but don't want to give up the F Sport look
Old 05-02-14, 10:13 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

My god that's look good. Perfect .
Old 05-13-14, 01:05 PM
LexFather

Lexus seems to approve they posted on their Instagram, Twitter, Facebook feeds..I took that pic in Atlanta in front of the newly renovated Lenox Square Mall....
http://instagram.com/p/nq29WBOcmS/

21k likes and 1k shares!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Originally Posted by thISguy350
how much more awesome is the LS F-Sport over the GS F sport. im in the same boat with a kid on the way and i think i want a little more room, but don't want to give up the F Sport look
Good question. To me the GS new platform is already very sporty even in base trim. The F-sport to me does take it up a notch and the big plus it the optimal rear steering. To me that really makes a difference. To me the change from normal to sport is less obvious than in the LS, which also adds a comfort mode. To me the LS in sport + is a much different car than when it is comfort or normal.

The GS steering is WAAAAY tighter than the LS. The LS steering reminds me of a traditional Lexus whereas the GS feels like a different type of Lexus without even going in Sport+ mode.

The GS F-sport has upgraded brakes as well, not brembo but they are 2 piece. The LS Brembo's on the F-sport are even more impressive. They are my first set of Brembo brakes and I'm sold.

The LS F-sport has a LSD, the GS F-sport does not. Honestly so far I cannot tell the LSD is there.

I wish the LS offered the Cabernet interior in the GS. The GS F-sport also has HUD, the LS does not. I find the GS F-sport seats better as well, the LS F-sport while offering more support isn't as good as the GS.

I do love the factory air suspension on the LS and I can change the height with the module. In all honesty this seems PEFECT for the wife, she can drive high and I can drive low. Her GS F-sport is modified on RSR Springs (soon to be coilovers) and I wish it was lower but she loves the height. The LS Air Suspension makes this a non-arguement.

The GS is well built, a great step up from the last generation. This is the first LS I have owned I and everyone is simply blown away by it. The build quality of the LS is second to none, it is truly very impressive.

The LS offers much more space inside and with the trunk, even in SWB trim. The GS is smaller and I am very happy to have went with the LS. We never had an issue with room in the GS but when we go out with people in the LS they always comment on how roomy it is in the rear. The LS aluminum trim and GS trim are different, I love the GS trim but it actually does ding. The LS trim just seems amazing.

Overall if you can swing it, I would go with the LS F-sport. I am in love with the car, it has exceeded all my expectations except the expected crappy MPG

Originally Posted by tmf2004
My god that's look good. Perfect .
Thanks. I wasn't expecting to like the CVT this much on the car, nor 22s...
Old 05-13-14, 02:12 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Outstanding. Great job! I'll keep your car in my mental Rolodex.

Quick Reply: My new 2014 LS F-sport