LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My new 2014 LS F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-14, 10:59 AM
LexFather

Cool My new 2014 LS F-sport

My now LS brothers in Atlanta told me start a thread here so I will. A couple of weeks ago I teased the crew in Car Chat about my latest purchase and you can skip the first couple of pages and read the last couple explaining my purchase here;

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...f-sport-3.html

The meat and potatoes below;

Originally Posted by LexFather
I never really seriously considered a LS before...as many say "its an old man's car". When the current generation debuted I was stunned at how much I liked it, such a huge departure from the LS 430. Still it was not for me. When the Sport model debuted it intrigued me quite a bit and it kind of was like the first LS I could see myself in.

When the 2013 Debuted with over 3,000 new parts and the new "Spindle" front end, I was in love.

Every time I saw the car in pics or the rare time I saw it in person I always did a double/triple take. I guess I like my inner predator. The interior changes also were great and I loved the aluminum, the stitching and even got over the F-sport in the headrest (not my thing).

Last September Vossen was invited by Lexus Western Regional for the IS launch #itsyourmove event and they had a nice small road course to drive the different F-sport models. I took the LS through its paces out of curiosity and it actually wasn't bad at all! What really impressed me were the Brembo brakes. The car was much roomier than our GS. I did feel initial throttle response was a little slow (still do). Overall I left impressed as I've driven non F-sport LS's many times and its like a night/day difference.

That next week is when we found out my wife was pregnant. Maybe it was a sign . Initially when it was time to discuss vehicles I honestly wanted her to get what she wanted even as I was flirting with a new ride for quite sometime. We did some car shopping during December to Remember where my rents picked up a RX (trading in the HS) and we worked with multiple dealers on a RX F-sport but were not totally convinced this was the car or the move for us. We ended up letting the sale pass.

Everything changed during the Japan trip.

I met with Lexus in Japan for two days in January as part of the Vossen World Tour and the impression they left me was more of an imprint. It was like the the tattoo ink was on me but in Japan they pressed it in finally. Two full days of conversations and touring and meeting some of the most polite and intelligent people you could come across. To see the passion in their words in what they were trying to accomplish was amazing, it was genuine, there was no mask, no acting. We discussed a variety of topics and by the time we ended our last conversation at the sky lounge at the Conrad Tokyo it completely solidified my faith in the brand and its people. There is some loyalty here clearly and I don't care if some or all call me a fanboy or Lexus apologist and every other name in the book. I believe in the brand. I believe in the vehicles. After 18 long years of ownership it was time to get the father LS and like I've said in so many posts, Lexus now offers a car that appeals to me when I needed them to.

Still I posted the cars above b/c this wasn't as easy a decision as I wanted it to be. There are some amazing and compelling cars being offered by most every brand and considering the MSRP of a LS F-sport is around 87k with options there truly is a vast variety of new and used cars to choose from. Then I thought that all that Lexus the brand has done for me and I simply would not be where I am if that brand did not cause a "spark" inside me.

I was directed to JM Lexus which was my first non Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett purchase in over a decade. I still highly regard the team at Hennessy and will continue to work with them and recommend them. When the GM at JM and I spoke that is when I was told there were no white F-sports in the south east. NONE. There was black, Neubla Grey mostly. I wasn't in a rush at all so placed an order for a white F-sport with the usual packages. There were some options I would have liked (rear comfort package) but its not available. Having visited the L-select studio in January I really would have liked the red leather options they offer in Japan. This could not be done in the USA sadly.

The process was quite amazing, JM Lexus kept me updated seemingly every week. They then made a "Pull" and got me an incoming car that was on the water so I could receive my LS F-sport quicker. After about a month or so i got a call saying the car was at the port and would be delivered in a few days. My folks happened to be in town when I got the call Monday morning that the car was here! My dad being another die-hard Lexus enthusiast wanted to come but we had to take them to the airport. I honestly was just going to go Tuesday but my wife said "lets get your car". My wife and I drove around 40 miles to get to JM Lexus (passing multiple dealers there). We arrived and were greeted and the process was a snap. They asked if I wanted to test drive the car and I declined which seemed to surprise them. JM Lexus also is a Vossen dealer and I've attended some meets they hosts so we kind of already are in the same circle. The buying process was a breeze, they were friendly, fast and extremely courteous. Steve then walks up and says "congrats on your new LS" and we shook hands and I grinned clearly.

I could not be happier..and just today, I discovered there is a "Comfort" setting lol...

While I've driven every LS made over the years, I never owned one and honestly never saw myself in one until the 2013 F-sport debuted and I simply fell in love with the front end of the vehicle. The rest is just icing on the cake I cannot say enough good things about the car so far and simply love it, even as its stock (not for long!).

I have a great respect for what all the LS owners have done before me so I hope to just fit in here. The VIP builds are amazing, the wind noise thread is amazing and the work CJTTY, Tee and many others have done here should be commended. I've always posted in the LS forum but it wasn't until recently I saw it was a pretty cool group for the most part.

Thanks for having me!

Mike

Edit 5/2/13

Last edited by LexFather; 05-02-14 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-07-14, 11:00 AM
LexFather

The usual crappy cell phone pic below!

Old 04-07-14, 11:44 AM
GXAlan
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great write up. Just one question, when are you going to sell the stock F-Sport rims?
Old 04-07-14, 11:58 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Def glad to have you over, very nice write up.

Congrats buddy and welcome! I'm sure you have some big plans for the transformation coming.
Old 04-07-14, 12:51 PM
PrinceAkim
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats bro!!! Glad to see another former GS bro over in the LS forum. I can't wait to see what you have in store. Congrats again.
Old 04-07-14, 03:02 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome LexFather!

I've always enjoyed your input on CL and hope to see more in the LS forums!
Old 04-07-14, 03:58 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

many congratulations, LexFather!
Old 04-07-14, 04:28 PM
pingyy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!!
Old 04-07-14, 05:49 PM
GXtoGStoLS
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations and enjoy!
Old 04-07-14, 06:33 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I am so happy for you man. Good things happen to good people. You deserve it man! So glad to have you a part of our LS crew. You know what the first mod is..data systems air suspension controller! Yessurrr. Looking forward to what you have in store!!!
Old 04-07-14, 08:19 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome.
very nice to see you in the LS forum.
Old 04-08-14, 12:58 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats Mike! I've been lurking here a lot lately too.
Old 04-09-14, 02:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GXAlan
Great write up. Just one question, when are you going to sell the stock F-Sport rims?
Thank you

Yes, I certainly won't be needing them lol.

Originally Posted by Tee
Def glad to have you over, very nice write up.

Congrats buddy and welcome! I'm sure you have some big plans for the transformation coming.
I'm glad I made the jump too. What plans?

Originally Posted by PrinceAkim
Congrats bro!!! Glad to see another former GS bro over in the LS forum. I can't wait to see what you have in store. Congrats again.
Thanks dude! YES YES IN THE FACE!!

Originally Posted by peteybabes
Welcome LexFather!

I've always enjoyed your input on CL and hope to see more in the LS forums!
Thanks for the compliments and I'll be here and you will love whats coming next.

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
many congratulations, LexFather!
Thank you

Originally Posted by pingyy
Congrats!!!
Thanks

Originally Posted by GXtoGStoLS
Congratulations and enjoy!
I am sure I will

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I am so happy for you man. Good things happen to good people. You deserve it man! So glad to have you a part of our LS crew. You know what the first mod is..data systems air suspension controller! Yessurrr. Looking forward to what you have in store!!!
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Its odd that those trying to close doors are simply opening some seriously huge ones. I can only thank them!

Again I have a great respect for those before me with the LS, some of the cars are just drool worthy and even the mildly modded ones are inspiring.

Originally Posted by Lexus4me
Congrats and welcome.
very nice to see you in the LS forum.
Thank you

Glad to officially be here.

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Congrats Mike! I've been lurking here a lot lately too.
Oh snap
Old 04-09-14, 05:27 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Awesome! Congrats! Looking forward to your build

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 04-09-14, 07:30 PM
14LSSport
Driver

Welcome, I'm kinda partial to white too. Loving my LS F-Sport.

Quick Reply: My new 2014 LS F-sport