LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Help with Lexus Options

Old 03-28-14, 08:51 AM
jrj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Lexus Options

Is it true that many options are not available in the LS460 AWS but are only available in the LS469L AWD? This would seem to be the case from the build your own lexus on the website. It also appears that a rear entertainment system is not available at all. At least, I can't find it in any of the options on the build your own part of the website.
Am I missing something? Do I really have to buy the long version to get many of the options?
Old 03-28-14, 10:42 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would suggest going to the dealer and "building" one with them as they have a more comprehensive program, and you can "custom" order some things. . .

*side note, is this really your first post in 7 years? *
Old 03-28-14, 11:18 AM
Mitty
Rookie

Originally Posted by peteybabes
Damn dial up connnection!!!

Old 03-28-14, 11:36 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mitty
Damn dial up connnection!!!

lmfao.......
Old 03-28-14, 11:44 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree with peteybabes, make an appointment and go into the Lexus dealer to speak with a sales rep. The sales reps have 'Build Sheets' that will give you more flexibility on the features you want .
Old 03-28-14, 01:06 PM
jrj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peteybabes
I would suggest going to the dealer and "building" one with them as they have a more comprehensive program, and you can "custom" order some things. . .

Yes, it's my first post in 7 years. It's been that long since I had a lexus. I've been driving BMWs.
I'm really disappointed in the build your lexus on the website. I'm used being able to look at options and determine what I want. and this site doesn't seem to tell me what's available for which models. Either the site is lousy or there are very few options available on the LS series unless you purchase the long version. In either case, if someone can't give me the data I need to decide what I want, then I'll go back to BMW or change to MB. It seems to me Lexus is shooting themselves in the foot!
Old 03-28-14, 01:22 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ouch! A lot of anger here!

I can actually find out most of what i need just from going into lexus and grabbing the brochure and reading all the fine print under each option. . .that being said your salesperson would still be able to configure the car differently.

Good Luck!
Old 03-28-14, 01:59 PM
mariuszr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here You can see options, packages and prices

http://cars.automotive.com/lexus/ls4...ing/t3-12-2-1/
Old 03-28-14, 02:04 PM
jrj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tee
I agree with peteybabes, make an appointment and go into the Lexus dealer to speak with a sales rep. The sales reps have 'Build Sheets' that will give you more flexibility on the features you want .
Going in to the dealer before I've been able to figure out what I want is sure not my desired way of operating. I made an inquiry on the website, and was immediately contacted by a local sales person. It's obvious that she want to sell me what she wants to sell me-not what I want to buy. She wants to sell me a 2014 and I want to wait for 2015. She wants to sell me a car they have in stock and doesn't seem to have any interest in finding out what I want.
Old 03-28-14, 03:05 PM
tyrenfroe
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also keep in mind that the Lexus build site is keyed to your location. Folks in the North won't see RWD and those in the South won't see AWD. Various packages differ regionally as well. Best advice has already been given - go to a Lexus dealer to find out what is available. Else, enjoy your next BMW...
Old 03-28-14, 03:10 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by jrj
Am I missing something? Do I really have to buy the long version to get many of the options?
Yes, you must have been on a wrong page.

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/features/

If you click on "Option & Packages" and "Accessories" you can see all the options with prices, and click on "All Features" to see all the standard and optional equipment for each model (I assume you are talking about the LS).

You can't get the executive seating package and entertainment in the SWB because there simply isn't enough room.

As for the salesperson, she's well ....... a salesperson. Ask for another if you aren't happy with someone. I've run into the same types at other brands, except some Ferrari salesmen where they don't even want to talk to you!