LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My 07 LS460 is ready for new wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-14, 12:30 PM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by is150
Are you planning on lowering your car?
My plan right now is NOT to lower, but if the ride height looks off once I get the wheels on I may reconsider. Judging by the pics I see on CL, the 460 looks good even when not lowered most of the time dependent on wheel style and color of car etc.. I am hoping I get lucky.
Old 03-11-14, 12:33 PM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tofu
Are you in Tucson or Phoenix?
Let me know when you sell the OEM wheels. Maybe I can get someone to pick them up for me...
I am in Tucson. I have not seen one LS460 here on 22's and that is part of the reason it is tough to know what's what on wheel size. I am just going off of pictures from CL.

tofu. I will let you know when I am ready to sell the OEM wheels.
Old 03-11-14, 01:22 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If you decide to lower the car with springs I do have a set of tanabe springs for sale. As for wheels 20s look nice buy not my flavor. I have 22s on my car right now and 21s in the garage that I'll be showing everyone once my car finishes this next transformation. 22s is nice on the pockets for tire replacement but the ride is really different now. Quite more rough. 20s ride like stock but the car is so large that it makes 20s look small unless you slam the car then it doesn't look bad. I think before you spend the money you really have to think about the end result. What is it do you want to do...don't spend the money twice because that gets expensive
Old 03-11-14, 01:55 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on lbintab's comments... also keep in mind that those running 21s, in addition to their preference that they're right-sized, may also be doing so in order to have the car sit lower while also running slightly stretched tire sizes. This is with both coilovers and especially air suspension. It's getting that ride height and/or parked & aired-out height/look that one's after
Old 03-11-14, 02:45 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Putt
+1 on lbintab's comments... also keep in mind that those running 21s, in addition to their preference that they're right-sized, may also be doing so in order to have the car sit lower while also running slightly stretched tire sizes. This is with both coilovers and especially air suspension. It's getting that ride height and/or parked & aired-out height/look that one's after
^^^ Well said...on 22", your kit will not hit the ground. On 20", the wheels are too small. In this case, the OP might leave his car at stock height...seriously think about 22". The suspension on the LS is very comfortable that you will barely notice a big difference. My wife been through 22" and 21" and she hasn't complain yet...she is the best judge.
Old 03-11-14, 03:27 PM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lbintab
If you decide to lower the car with springs I do have a set of tanabe springs for sale. As for wheels 20s look nice buy not my flavor. I have 22s on my car right now and 21s in the garage that I'll be showing everyone once my car finishes this next transformation. 22s is nice on the pockets for tire replacement but the ride is really different now. Quite more rough. 20s ride like stock but the car is so large that it makes 20s look small unless you slam the car then it doesn't look bad. I think before you spend the money you really have to think about the end result. What is it do you want to do...don't spend the money twice because that gets expensive
Originally Posted by 1Putt
Originally Posted by Nat
^^^ Well said...on 22", your kit will not hit the ground. On 20", the wheels are too small. In this case, the OP might leave his car at stock height...seriously think about 22". The suspension on the LS is very comfortable that you will barely notice a big difference. My wife been through 22" and 21" and she hasn't complain yet...she is the best judge.
Man. I was all set on 20" wheels and then you guys have to hit me with three posts in a row going the other direction. This is rough on my OCD personality as it already takes me forever to make a decision on this kind of stuff anyway.

I really only want to lower IF after I get the wheels on the car the wheel gap looks funny. I hear some people on CL saying that if you are going to keep stock suspension then go with 22' and others saying that 20" look best with stock suspension. I personally think the perceived wheel gap varies based not only on the size of wheel, but also the style of wheel, size and brand of tire, car color, wheel base and stock suspension type (air versus struts and springs).
Old 03-11-14, 03:51 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you'll be less inclined to lower the car if you decide to go with 20's. As for 22's you'll have to lower the car or it will look like a 4x4 (personal opinion).
As for the wheels you posted I like the 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited by is150; 03-11-14 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-11-14, 08:48 PM
scottkroug
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO 22's are the perfect look and size for this big of a car. The wheel wells fit perfect for the 22's. The 20's are not quite to my liking.. I should have the new shoes on tomorrow and will post pics after.
Old 03-11-14, 10:54 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by scottkroug
IMHO 22's are the perfect look and size for this big of a car. The wheel wells fit perfect for the 22's. The 20's are not quite to my liking.. I should have the new shoes on tomorrow and will post pics after.
Cool..be sure to post in the wheel/tire sticky thread with all your specs also and contribute back to that thread if you don't mind
Old 03-12-14, 09:36 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

So here's my car with 22s not lowered and lowered.

Old 03-12-14, 09:39 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Another one not lowered rolling on the freeway.
Old 03-12-14, 10:24 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AZGS4
Man. I was all set on 20" wheels and then you guys have to hit me with three posts in a row going the other direction. This is rough on my OCD personality as it already takes me forever to make a decision on this kind of stuff anyway.

I really only want to lower IF after I get the wheels on the car the wheel gap looks funny. I hear some people on CL saying that if you are going to keep stock suspension then go with 22' and others saying that 20" look best with stock suspension. I personally think the perceived wheel gap varies based not only on the size of wheel, but also the style of wheel, size and brand of tire, car color, wheel base and stock suspension type (air versus struts and springs).
Yo, sorry but wasn't trying to sway you away from the 20s. I just wanted to point out why some choose to run 21s. Of the ones I know, I believe they are all on aftermarket air suspension with body/lip kits.
Sounds like you've determined 20s are the right choice for YOU. Your reasonings are sound, and it doesn't really have to be to anyone else. You need to be happy, that's all that matters. Someone else or the "masses"/netizens may not be thrilled with it, but it's not their car. If they can't respect your choices, style and compromises, they're a bit narrow minded and don't get it. Carry on and good luck.... and post pics later
Old 03-12-14, 01:44 PM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Love the look of 22's even without being lowered. I just have to convince myself I can live with the ride quality change. I am going to sit on it for a week or so before I make any decisions.

Does anybody on here know of anyone in Tucson with an LS460 on 22's? Or how do I find out about meets in the Tucson or Arizona area?

Last edited by AZGS4; 03-12-14 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-12-14, 05:49 PM
scottkroug
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lbintab
Another one not lowered rolling on the freeway.
I may never roll without being on at least level 4 LOL

These cars look so damn good on 22's it's rediculous..

And yes CJ i will Post up and contribute.. Just need to take the right pics for this contribution.
Old 03-12-14, 08:58 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by AZGS4
Love the look of 22's even without being lowered. I just have to convince myself I can live with the ride quality change. I am going to sit on it for a week or so before I make any decisions.

Does anybody on here know of anyone in Tucson with an LS460 on 22's? Or how do I find out about meets in the Tucson or Arizona area?
Post your question in the regional club lexus forums for best results..skim through and you may see some upcoming meets

Quick Reply: My 07 LS460 is ready for new wheels and tires