LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Parking Brake Not Available, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-14, 08:16 PM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Thanks for the write up...very interesting. I know I got an error. .I am not sure if its because I have a 600 but I don't think it should matter but I will try that again and see what happens. Glad your issue cleared up!!
mine's a 600 also, and no errors. Yep let me know how it goes. unplug it when the car is off though.
Old 02-25-14, 11:43 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by JoniNguyen

mine's a 600 also, and no errors. Yep let me know how it goes. unplug it when the car is off though.
Oh damn..my bad in that. Ok..let me try that
Old 02-26-14, 05:17 AM
CJITTY

Ok..just tried it. Car off, unplugged both cables from back of controller, started the car and BOOM! AFS and A/S warning lights came on. Turned car off..tried again, same result. Plugged it back up and good to go..so not sure how you are able to do that
Old 02-26-14, 08:12 AM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Ok..just tried it. Car off, unplugged both cables from back of controller, started the car and BOOM! AFS and A/S warning lights came on. Turned car off..tried again, same result. Plugged it back up and good to go..so not sure how you are able to do that
Hmmm. That's weird. Were you still in the low setting? It could be because you are sagging below the reccommended height - thus sending of an error that there is something wrong? mine was sitting at 2F 1R when i unplugged it so maybe it was still within the threshold?
Old 02-26-14, 11:24 AM
CJITTY

Hmmm. That's weird. Were you still in the low setting? It could be because you are sagging below the reccommended height - thus sending of an error that there is something wrong? mine was sitting at 2F 1R when i unplugged it so maybe it was still within the threshold?
Well, I just tried it one last time with car at NORMAL SELECT mode (stock height at 0mph) and still got the errors. I give up lol. Do you have the other addl harness connected to the back of the NAV by chance? Most leave that one out since it's not required
Old 02-26-14, 10:52 PM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

hmmm. I wonder what's different between mine and yours. I tried driving with the controller off today, no errors. I left the NAV unconnected
Old 02-27-14, 04:03 AM
CJITTY

hmmm. I wonder what's different between mine and yours. I tried driving with the controller off today, no errors. I left the NAV unconnected
I dunno man...I wish I could do that though
Old 02-11-15, 02:36 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Still no luck on my parking brake. Anyone have an idea of the path the wires run thru the car so i can check for loose or open connections?
Old 02-11-15, 10:34 AM
bruceko
Driver

Friday my Ls460 gave me a warning " parking brake system malfunction. see your dealer"
I stopped the car and the Park brake automatic button would not light nor would the set and release switch function.
I shut off the car and restarted it no change. I drove it for an hour then stopped for about 20 minutes. When I restarted the car the park brake auto function was back to normal a green light.
I stopped to see a customer and when I started the car and put it in gear it would not move.
I cleaned out the trunk and tire to access the manual parking brake release and dis engaged the parking brake. It says to turn counter clockwise until the release stops. It never would stop turning. The brake was released but the car thought the parking brake was still engaged so now the warning beep was sounding as soon as the car started moving. got to listen to the beep for the next 1 1/2 hours as I drove home.
Yesterday it was at the shop and they found the right rear compartment of the trunk was flooded. There is a braking system module down there flooded. The car had been rear ended several years ago but up till now the trunk has not had a leak. The body shop is now trying to find out the source of the water before anything more can be done to fix the parking brake.
Old 02-12-15, 03:28 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bruceko
Friday my Ls460 gave me a warning " parking brake system malfunction. see your dealer"
I stopped the car and the Park brake automatic button would not light nor would the set and release switch function.
I shut off the car and restarted it no change. I drove it for an hour then stopped for about 20 minutes. When I restarted the car the park brake auto function was back to normal a green light.
I stopped to see a customer and when I started the car and put it in gear it would not move.
I cleaned out the trunk and tire to access the manual parking brake release and dis engaged the parking brake. It says to turn counter clockwise until the release stops. It never would stop turning. The brake was released but the car thought the parking brake was still engaged so now the warning beep was sounding as soon as the car started moving. got to listen to the beep for the next 1 1/2 hours as I drove home.
Yesterday it was at the shop and they found the right rear compartment of the trunk was flooded. There is a braking system module down there flooded. The car had been rear ended several years ago but up till now the trunk has not had a leak. The body shop is now trying to find out the source of the water before anything more can be done to fix the parking brake.

Do you mean left rear compartment? The ML amp is on the right rear side.. (But that doesn't mean that there isn't one down there) I'll give it a look later today or tomorrow. I do remember doing some work on that side maybe i knocked something loose.
Old 02-12-15, 05:07 PM
bruceko
Driver

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
Do you mean left rear compartment? The ML amp is on the right rear side.. (But that doesn't mean that there isn't one down there) I'll give it a look later today or tomorrow. I do remember doing some work on that side maybe i knocked something loose.
You are correct it was the left back corner. The body shop found the a seam seal from a 2009 repair had failed causing the leak.
Tomorrow we will find out if drying everything out solves the brake problem or if we will replace components.
They body shop is covering the leak repair and some or all of the parking brake repair.
Old 02-12-15, 06:05 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Yeah so will mine as soon as we sort out the issue.. but now its a needle in the proverbial haystack..
Old 09-06-17, 11:02 AM
damonbrown
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
Yeah so will mine as soon as we sort out the issue.. but now its a needle in the proverbial haystack..
Did you find the root of the problem?