LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 abs vsc system problem

Old 01-12-15, 05:30 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by cuscon
Hello everybody! Question, is there a way to put the navigation in a 2001 LS430 that doesn't have it?
Welcome to CL, but you are in the wrong forum and posting in someone elses thread which has nothing to do with your question.

Head on over to the LS430 forum and start your own thread there.
Old 04-26-15, 01:30 PM
PALexusfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Even more confounding?? Those VSC, ABS, Brake Warning lights ON & OFF??

Hello friends,

To add to the confusion, for my LS460.... the lights came ON, but after cruising on highway for a while they went OFF. Then they came back ON but went OFF after another run on the highway???

Can anyone help? (1) Is it the battery? (2) Brake light switch? (3) Or t ruly the actuator? I was quoted a price of $3,300 by dealer to replace actuator... $700 labor and part $2, 400?? Does it take a full day to replace an actuator if that is the problem?

Any experience you can share? Advice? And help?

THANKS
Old 04-27-15, 04:04 AM
mundher44
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by PALexusfan
Hello friends,

To add to the confusion, for my LS460.... the lights came ON, but after cruising on highway for a while they went OFF. Then they came back ON but went OFF after another run on the highway???

Can anyone help? (1) Is it the battery? (2) Brake light switch? (3) Or t ruly the actuator? I was quoted a price of $3,300 by dealer to replace actuator... $700 labor and part $2, 400?? Does it take a full day to replace an actuator if that is the problem?

THANKS
Hi my friend..
after replacing the abs sensor in my 08 ls460 the lights went away for some time then they came again and the brakes stopped working so I took it to a lexus expert mechanic and he replaced 2 parts ( brake actuator assembly + brake booster pump assembly)
I bought the actuator for $2000 and brake booster for &1000 all original parts from the dealer
then I asked about this problem they said that its a manufacturing defect in 07 08 09 10 Lexus ls models and they replaced it with another enhanced actuator in 2010 (when too many customer complained)..
the brake booster pump will fail if the actuator failed and you keep driving the car..
so its important to quickly replace the brake actuator..
but my advice is to replace them both at once so you can forget about this problem happening again..
you can replace the actuator and booster in any shop specialized in lexus.. just replace the parts and add blake fluid and then bleed the brakes after that you should have a toyota computer/tool its called toyota IT2 (intelligent tester 2) to program the car it will take 2 minutes to complete the programming and you are done..
I paid almost $350 for that mechanic for fixing and programming..
I will post spare parts picture after a while..
thanks..
Old 04-27-15, 04:08 AM
mundher44
Driver School Candidate

http://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.club...b94c9122d2.png

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...a290b885a1.png
Old 04-27-15, 05:21 AM
PALexusfan
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, my friend. Much appreciate it.
Old 10-29-15, 02:40 AM
ysco2899
Driver School Candidate

Default abs vsc system breake system

Hi
while driving my 07 model LS460 suddenly all lights came on my dash board for abs breake sys vsc
i was told to replace abs system acculator and pumps very expensive parts in oman and uae
Old 11-06-15, 01:17 PM
Loyaltolex
Driver School Candidate

Default Mine has just done the same

Originally Posted by Vulcann
This is my first post but I felt I had to share this......
I've enjoyed driving my 2007 LS460 for 5 years now, it has 94,000 miles on the clock and it's a dream to drive. However a month ago I jumped in as usual to depart my office and swung the steering wheel over hard right to depart. Two warning lights came on - just like the 1st post on this topic - and messages appeared on the dash "Check VGRS" and then "Check VSC". I drove home carefully but the car appeared fine.
VGRS = Variable Gear Ratio Steering. It converts the turning of the steering wheel electronically to the rack dependent on forward speed.
VSC = Vehicle Stability Control. Not sure what this does but the cruise control would not work.
I took it into Lexus - thinking this was to be a simple fix of resetting the warning lights - but when they rang me I was shocked!!! They told me it needed a new steering rack and ECU - cost £7,300 - thats $10,000+++ I drove it away in order to work out what to do. The vehicle - in part exchange trade-in - is only valued at about £10,000 but because of the work needed they offered me a paltry £4,000 in part-ex against a low mileage IS300h even though my car is in exceptional external condition. I declned to accept their offer.
Soon afterwards I took a call from the dealer principal who told me he'd discussed this with Lexus UK and was able to do the repair job for £2,800. They want to retain me as a Lexus owner/driver. So thats what I had done this week and I'm a happy bunny again. However I WILL now take out a LEXUS warranty and keep my LS460. I cannot take financial hits like that all the time,
I have the same problem Ls460 2007, 91kms and the dealer is quoting over $8500 for the repair.
Old 02-05-16, 03:23 PM
DriverSS
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mundher44
then I asked about this problem they said that its a manufacturing defect in 07 08 09 10 Lexus ls models and they replaced it with another enhanced actuator in 2010 (when too many customer complained)..

If it's as this dealer said then why did they not offer to cover the repair for you? Or did they?

I'm heading down this road now myself, same warning lights came on today.
Old 04-28-18, 11:55 PM
Sandu

Originally Posted by PALexusfan
Hello friends,

THANKS
I’m having quite similar situations...
someone told in another thread that if AFS light is also ON, then it is more likely to be a faulty front abs sensor. Is it true?
Old 04-30-18, 06:27 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

the actuator is covered till 150k miles and 10 years from Lexus itself...
Originally Posted by mundher44
hehe I know its nothing copmared to 2600$ for the actuator!
Old 04-30-18, 11:01 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
the actuator is covered till 150k miles and 10 years from Lexus itself...
Wait, what?! How is anything covered past the powertrain at 70k unless you have an extended warranty?

Never mind... Found my answer
https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...-CP-ZLG-A110-D

Is the brake actuator only a problem on MY 2012 and older? Have there been reported problems in 2013+? TIA!

Last edited by Mbbarron; 04-30-18 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-30-18, 12:04 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

this issues is a bigger problem then control arms but it does not get as much exposure here, there have been few actuators update for the LS i think 6 so far not sure if the latest fixes the problem maybe fixes it for next 80k miles...? might be off a digit but that it was insanely high/ the service advisor / master tech showed me the list..i took the car in for some funny noise when braking, sqawk type noise and he said its the actuator and almost most LS have the noise...but if it fails they would cover it, unless i want to fix the noise and pay 4500$...
so yea complete failure they would honor it till 150k / 10 years past that you are screwed, alot of us keep their cars past 150k so i am hoping mine fails before i get to 150 in next 3 years, i have 115 right now..

you can get cheaper used actuators online but they are likely to default in few months as they are the older models, there is even some for sale brand new lexus of atlanta $1350? but its 2 gen older model and my local lexus refused to install it.
apparently its a common problem across few toyota/lexus models too, i guess the newer car you have the less chances of failing since its the upgraded version..but if there are 5-6 iterations of the actuator does not give you total confidence that if i buy a 2015, mine wont fail past warranty...

Last edited by UZ214; 04-30-18 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-21-19, 05:42 AM
Boone88
Driver School Candidate

I bought a used 2013 LS460L with 69,000 about two months ago and it seemed perfect. Saturday, 4/13/2019, the VSC, brake warning and ABS warning lights were on at start-up. Drove about 15 miles and the lights all went off for the remainder of the four-hour drive. No issues and no problems during that trip but the lights came on again but went out before I'd gone 100 yards. Drove it again yesterday and they were lit up again but when I left to head home the lights were out but popped on again after less than a mile. Seems Lexus may have put faulty ABS components on these vehilcles as is evidenced by them replacing the (many) failed acuators with an upgraded unit. It doesn't seem equitible for consumers to foot the entire bill for a defective Lexus component. Going to inspect the brakes and brake components to make any do-it-yourself repairs i.e. pads and brake hardware and if that fails to get those warning lights off the dash, it's off to an auto repair shop.
Old 04-22-19, 06:06 AM
expert
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my 2007 LS460 with 59,000 miles about 6 months ago and lately this ABS, VCS, Tire lights kept coming on . Took it a local Lexus expert Mechanic and he said it is the Brake Actuator (code 1253) and we replaced that . After a couple of weeks the lights popped up again and this time he changed the Engine room power computer and it again after a couple of weeks, the warning lights came on but this time they go off and on every other day. So took it back and he checked the wiring at skid control ecu and pump and all good. pin fit seems good. removed cover for the pump power input and resistor for signal to skid ecu and added some solder to resistor to circuit connection in case of poor contact. Sadly after a good 2 weeks again the light comes on and ones I shut down the car they lights go away until a day or two and they come back again. Shut the car down and a day or two/three days later they pop up. Can you help, please.
Old 08-27-19, 09:11 AM
boatpix
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Try disconnecting the battery!

I had these codes today and disconnected the battery while changing the oil. I restarted and took it to the $3 car wash across town and returning after about 30 minutes of driving roundtrip and the codes haven't come back. THANK YOU TO THE GUY THAT SUGGESTED DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS460 abs vsc system problem