LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Traded my LS460 for an ISF !! Farewell to the LS crew !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-14, 07:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
So did you buy it from Bell Lexus?

LOL. Man you had me laughing.

Originally Posted by Tee
Congrats on a nice car & color! You are the 3rd to leave Adam, Dat and now you.
We are dropping like flies. j/k. I still love the LS for its baller status and it looks amazing with the 22s on it. My issue honestly was the handling. I would punch it ito a left turn and the Michelins were gripping like crazy but the car would roll like nothing I have seen outside a Caddy Coupe De Ville. I just wanted more fun in my driving experience. This ISF is literally as far opposite of the LS as you can get outside the LFA. Its small, loud, bumpy, and pure in its purpose. The LS is large, comfortable, quiet, and does everything other than handling very well. I will miss the stereo. I have the ML system in the ISF too but it cant get close to the concert that the LS stereo was

Originally Posted by Lextrician
agreed enjoy I am starting to feel the itch but it is for that RCF!!!! I always wanted an F either way you going to have fun!!!1 enjoy say wassup from time to time..
I thought about waiting but couldnt. This car was in very good shape and only has 21k miles !!!! Apparently the last owner had three cars and needed to trade it for an SUV

Originally Posted by korlexus
Don't drive too fast
I wil try It's an act of self control just driving to work. Some old guy in a TEsla model S tried to play with me on the way to work and I had to school his *** in the art of F. The ISF dusted that thing on the open road

Originally Posted by hnq
Congratulations on the car! Fabulous and good choice picking one up with the LSD. Any plans for mods (headers, exhaust etc)?
To be honest the LSD was the main reason I wanted the 2010. The 2011 has the nicer dash layout but the few on the market around me were relatively high mileage. If it was an 09 with the same mileage I would NOT have purchased. I going for performance so the added mild cosmetic tweaks and softer suspension i the 2012's didnt appeal to me. Every time I going over a bump and car jostles me I just start smiling. This thing feels so hardcore relative to the LS.

As far as mods this may be the first car I have ever owned that I dont plan on doing anything significant to. Outside of switching up to the wider tires on the stock wheels and maybe an intake to make a little more noise before the crazy induction noise starts at 4k, and maybe a set of upgraded sway bars ( in my opinion sway bars is a no brainer mod). In the end I have had exhausts on my G35 and GS and they droned too much. It was annoying. The ISF exhaust is , imho, perfect. Its deep when you on the throttle lightly, silent when cruising but LOUD when you get on it. I know there are sway bars for the ISf but I honestly , at this point, I cant imagine flatter handling in this car.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 02-11-14 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-11-14, 08:55 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the F man!! Also sad to see another long time LS member go, but hey we're still all around!! I was actually looking at a few F's myself after I sold my LS, but I ended up going the AMG route Enjoy that thing sir!
Old 02-12-14, 06:34 AM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking to make the exact opposite switch .

Good luck with the F. It's a fabulous car.

Oh, and put the car in sport mode with manual shifts, take it up to 60+mph, and then as you slow down downshift to second around 45mph...oh what a glorious sound.
Old 02-12-14, 11:44 AM
hjones4841
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoy your youth. Once you get older and arthritis and other body pains set in, you will once again appreciate the LS ride.
Old 02-12-14, 12:57 PM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

Tammer..congrats!!! Enjoy the ISF! I cant believe you traded in with the wheels..could of made at least $1500 easily. I'm in the same boat now. We use our new SUV for family stuff. I would love to get a Caddy CTS-V manual transmission and part with my 600 believe it or not
Old 02-12-14, 05:14 PM
Nospinzone

Received 408 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I would love to get a Caddy CTS-V manual transmission and part with my 600 believe it or not
What?! Don't make me come down there and slap you!
Old 02-12-14, 05:48 PM
korlexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody's going to get slapped.
Old 02-12-14, 08:21 PM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone

Lol..I was waiting for that haha. Don't worry..600 is still in the garage. I have the itch to get some type of V8 rear wheel drive car with a manual tho #MidLifeCrisis
Old 02-12-14, 11:22 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Should have waited for the RC-F you would have been the envy of all of us but also have paid a lot more. Much more worth it though
Old 02-13-14, 02:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am done with the first year models. I dont care what it is or how much I like it I am done with that BS. My last three cars were first year models and they had their issues. I am looking for headache free motoring . Thats why I stayed with Lexus and I went with a model year three years in on the generation. Usually far enough for some tweaks and to get the bugs out
Old 02-13-14, 02:52 PM
Remi
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nice ride!

Sweet ride! I almost bought one instead of the 460, but the kids didn't fit
Old 02-13-14, 04:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamls2
Congrats on the F man!! Also sad to see another long time LS member go, but hey we're still all around!! I was actually looking at a few F's myself after I sold my LS, but I ended up going the AMG route Enjoy that thing sir!
Originally Posted by CJITTY
Tammer..congrats!!! Enjoy the ISF! I cant believe you traded in with the wheels..could of made at least $1500 easily. I'm in the same boat now. We use our new SUV for family stuff. I would love to get a Caddy CTS-V manual transmission and part with my 600 believe it or not
Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I am happy and I promise I will not disappear. I will be around. Much love to the LS crew !!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-14, 10:02 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
2nd,3rd an 4th ^^^^^^^ fyi there would be a long line forming behind me!!!!!!!

Farewell... enjoy the F....
Old 02-15-14, 10:58 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I would have done the same thing! Anyone want to trade me their 2010+ ISF? They are a lot of fun!
Old 02-16-14, 08:34 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

I'm surprised you beat the Tesla Model S as much as you described. That thing will do 60 as quick as 3.9 seconds, which is definitely faster then the ISF. Must have been the driver. I would love to own a Model S. Beautiful car and the only large luxury vehicle to score higher then the LS 460L in consumer reports 2014 ratings.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 02-16-14 at 08:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Traded my LS460 for an ISF !! Farewell to the LS crew !!