LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

iVici AND Prestigioussociety

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-14, 12:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by JYinKY
And just to clarify Rominl, my 09 LS has the 5th generation nav, so the ivic-i will work?
again, make sure you have the self park feature, if so then the ivic-5i works

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Yes..Best Buy. It just calls for removal of nav and radio enough to just plug n play the ivic and it's done. Plus if they messed something up, it's on them. This isn't more than a 30 min job so let's not get all caught up with reputable shops and this and that for a simple job like this...many months later my car and ivic are just fine..just sayin. And $60 is too much?? Compared to the $200 I was quoted at one of ATLs "highly reputable" shops, Best Buy had the absolute best price hands down and even let me hang out in the install bay to show me how to remove everything so I could do it myself next time. I got no complaints about my particular experience there
well i am sure there are exceptions everywhere, but i am just saying overall i wouldn't really trust their work. i have seen plenty of "work" by them. in fact, i can say that for a lot of "shops" out there too. they claim about their experience and work and what other bs, but let's just put it this way, they are bs when they couldn't even get simple things right

i have debugged install issues and found out shops scratching and dinging the back and sides of the whole head unit very badly. i see them dropping and losing bolts like it's nothing. they decided to cut wires for no reason and not telling customers, they install without looking at instructions. so many stories i have seen over the past 6 years it's not even funny.

and then i have customer driving all the way down from seattle to have me install because his shop messed up the install there. i have customers flying me to vegas because they don't trust any stores there

60 bucks, not much at all. that's close to what i would charge. and yes i have seen shop charging 300 for install and i laughed. install definitely takes less than an hour, but a lot of times it comes down to experience on how not to damage things that customers won't see.

i am not saying anything about the bb guys who did your install, sounds like they did a good job. i am just saying that in general from what i see, a lot of the good installers aren't working at bb

Last edited by rominl; 02-06-14 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-06-14, 03:28 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

again, make sure you have the self park feature, if so then the ivic-5i works

well i am sure there are exceptions everywhere, but i am just saying overall i wouldn't really trust their work. i have seen plenty of "work" by them. in fact, i can say that for a lot of "shops" out there too. they claim about their experience and work and what other bs, but let's just put it this way, they are bs when they couldn't even get simple things right

i have debugged install issues and found out shops scratching and dinging the back and sides of the whole head unit very badly. i see them dropping and losing bolts like it's nothing. they decided to cut wires for no reason and not telling customers, they install without looking at instructions. so many stories i have seen over the past 6 years it's not even funny.

and then i have customer driving all the way down from seattle to have me install because his shop messed up the install there. i have customers flying me to vegas because they don't trust any stores there

60 bucks, not much at all. that's close to what i would charge. and yes i have seen shop charging 300 for install and i laughed. install definitely takes less than an hour, but a lot of times it comes down to experience on how not to damage things that customers won't see.

i am not saying anything about the bb guys who did your install, sounds like they did a good job. i am just saying that in general from what i see, a lot of the good installers aren't working at bb
Oh I hear ya man...with me being right there all in the business during install, I felt pretty good. I was just to chicken s##t to tackle it myself lol. I work primarily off referrals because you are right, can't really trust everyone and skills can vary tremendously..this dude was real professional as far as being extra careful amd using magnetic bolt cup and made triple sure no scratches. Never would of expected that much care and concern from a box store. Good apples among the bunch I suppose
Old 02-06-14, 05:10 AM
philj
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
very good point. ps sends out instruction on how to take apart the dash. ivic-i comes with instruction but only on the connection part, meaning which harness to access. but it does not give you any details on how to take panels off, etc...
r
When I traded in my car I gave all the service records and manuals to dealer so I do not have the instructions any more.

If you buy the kit from prestige they send it as part of the deal.
Old 02-06-14, 10:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Oh I hear ya man...with me being right there all in the business during install, I felt pretty good. I was just to chicken s##t to tackle it myself lol. I work primarily off referrals because you are right, can't really trust everyone and skills can vary tremendously..this dude was real professional as far as being extra careful amd using magnetic bolt cup and made triple sure no scratches. Never would of expected that much care and concern from a box store. Good apples among the bunch I suppose
ah see, that makes one heck of a difference -- referrals. i most definitely recommend that. if you got referred by someone you trust to a pro at bb, i wouldn't worry about that either. in a sense, you went to a person not a shop name