Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS460, LS460L and LS600h
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Extended Warranties

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-13, 07:10 PM   #1
bdubva21
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
bdubva21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6
Default Extended Warranties

I am sure this topic has been discussed in the past.

I am new to the site. I just purchased a 2008 LS 460 with 38K miles. The factory warranty has expired and I am considering purchasing an Extended Warranty.

Any suggestions or recommendations??
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
bdubva21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-13, 08:36 PM   #2
tyrenfroe
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: GA
Posts: 118
Default

Better find a good magnifying glass - you'll be needing it to read all the fine print in 3rd party extended warranties! You might start with Route 66 - I've heard some good things about them. They're reasonably priced as well. Not sure if they cover high-end units like BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus though.
tyrenfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-13, 10:32 PM   #3
CJITTY
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,110
CJATL404
Default

Did you even bother searching?? There are tons of useful threads talking about warranties..search bro, takes literally seconds
__________________
2008 LS600hL - Smokey Granite Mica
My LS600hL Build Thread with Photos and More http://tinyurl.com/cahf9mo
HOT!!---> LS460/LS600hL Community Wheel and Tire Research Thread http://tinyurl.com/bwg9hk4
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 10:21 AM   #4
bdubva21
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
bdubva21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6
Default

CJITTY,

I would not have posted the question had I not searched prior too. Problem with threads is everyone shares an opinion. I am hoping to get a response from someone who has had a good experience.
bdubva21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 05:36 PM   #5
Valley101
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: DE
Posts: 349
Default Extended warranty

If your car is a 2008 with 38,000 miles your bumper to bumper warranty is gone, but your powertrain warranty from Lexus is 7 years/70,000 miles. So you should have about a year left on that. I don't think aftermarket warranties cover anything but the power train, that would be affordable.
Valley101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 05:57 PM   #6
Nospinzone
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Nospinzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 2,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubva21 View Post
CJITTY,

I would not have posted the question had I not searched prior too. Problem with threads is everyone shares an opinion. I am hoping to get a response from someone who has had a good experience.
There are several threads that do not have opinion, just factual quotes. Here are several excerpts from threads that I had saved. Keep in mind that these are a couple years old and names and prices may have changed. Personally I used Toby Rivers at Shreveport and it was a very pleasant and inexpensive experience, but many members have reported similar favorable results from the others mentioned.

Call Troy Dietrich at Greenfield Toyota for the best deal on a factory warranty.

413-772-0231

He has the best pricing I've seen on factory extended warranties...


contact toyota of greenfield bought platinum 0 deduct 6 year 100000 for 1700.00 ask for lori hale 413 7720231


Troy Dietrich,Toyota of Greenfield. (413) 772-0231 $2155 for a Lexus, Platinum, 7yr/100,000mile, $1655 for 7/75k.


I called greenville toyota today and talked to Troy. He quoted me a price of 2100 for a 7/100 extended warranty. I can not believe it. I had the 1st quote of 3850 from a dealer in Houston for the same warranty. I will definately use greenville Toyota for my extended warranty. Thanks Davedan for your help. I owe you.


Toby Rivers at Lexus of Shreveport is providing very good pricing until Feb 1. I bought a Platinum $0 Deductible 8yr/75,000 warranty $1795 for 8year/75k miles

Toby Rivers

8/75000 $1765
8/100000 $2485

1-888-226-6084




Jerry Johnson
Midwest Toyota
1-800-530-5789

I got the 8 year, and the car in service date was 12/22/2006, so I have another 4 years and a month of warranty coverage for the $1765

Just purchased a 7/100 extended warranty from Jerry Johnson at Midwest toyota for $2040.



Troy Dietrich
Greenfield Toyota
413-772-0231
__________________
07 LS460 SWB
08 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
03 HD CVO Screaming Eagle Deuce
Nospinzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 08:11 PM   #7
ryan78
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: md
Posts: 1,159
Default

Since a thread is already going, I will not start another - not to threadjack, but get information regarding warranties when purchasing. I can start a new thread if that would be better suited.

Can someone chime in as to the extended warranty process, as I have never had experience with this. I have searched, and gleaned some good info. I am just getting a different story from the dealer than what I have read.

I am being told that when purchasing a CPO vehicle, that it is indeed the Platinum extended warranty, and that I cannot purchase a Lexus (not 3rd party) warranty after the point of vehicle purchase. Is this true, and can anyone educate how to approach the subject.

Many thanks - again, I can delete and move this post if that would be more appropriate.

Thanks
ryan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 11:33 PM   #8
tyrenfroe
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: GA
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nospinzone View Post
There are several threads that do not have opinion, just factual quotes. Here are several excerpts from threads that I had saved. Keep in mind that these are a couple years old and names and prices may have changed. Personally I used Toby Rivers at Shreveport and it was a very pleasant and inexpensive experience, but many members have reported similar favorable results from the others mentioned.

Call Troy Dietrich at Greenfield Toyota for the best deal on a factory warranty.

413-772-0231

He has the best pricing I've seen on factory extended warranties...


contact toyota of greenfield bought platinum 0 deduct 6 year 100000 for 1700.00 ask for lori hale 413 7720231


Troy Dietrich,Toyota of Greenfield. (413) 772-0231 $2155 for a Lexus, Platinum, 7yr/100,000mile, $1655 for 7/75k.


I called greenville toyota today and talked to Troy. He quoted me a price of 2100 for a 7/100 extended warranty. I can not believe it. I had the 1st quote of 3850 from a dealer in Houston for the same warranty. I will definately use greenville Toyota for my extended warranty. Thanks Davedan for your help. I owe you.


Toby Rivers at Lexus of Shreveport is providing very good pricing until Feb 1. I bought a Platinum $0 Deductible 8yr/75,000 warranty $1795 for 8year/75k miles

Toby Rivers

8/75000 $1765
8/100000 $2485

1-888-226-6084




Jerry Johnson
Midwest Toyota
1-800-530-5789

I got the 8 year, and the car in service date was 12/22/2006, so I have another 4 years and a month of warranty coverage for the $1765

Just purchased a 7/100 extended warranty from Jerry Johnson at Midwest toyota for $2040.



Troy Dietrich
Greenfield Toyota
413-772-0231
OP's original factory warranty has expired. He therefore cannot obtain a Factory Extended Warranty and must go into the 3rd party warranty market. Your post is unresponsive to this requirement.
tyrenfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 07:47 PM   #9
Nospinzone
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Nospinzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 2,381
Default

Yea, I was thinking since he just purchased it he could buy the Lexus used vehicle warranty, but now that I think of it I believe he has to buy that from the dealer he bought the car from. So that leaves out those dealers mentioned above.

I also was assuming he bought it from a Lexus dealer, but that may not be the case.
__________________
07 LS460 SWB
08 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
03 HD CVO Screaming Eagle Deuce
Nospinzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 05:45 PM   #10
Kbueno
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 473
Default

Extended Warranty for high reliability car? Hmmm.
__________________
2010 Matador Red Mica LS460 Sport
2001 Millenium Silver GS430 (Traded In)
Kbueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 11:37 PM   #11
lexgolf
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
lexgolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: AZ
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubva21 View Post
I am sure this topic has been discussed in the past.

I am new to the site. I just purchased a 2008 LS 460 with 38K miles. The factory warranty has expired and I am considering purchasing an Extended Warranty.

Any suggestions or recommendations??
Put $2K is a S&P 500 fund. If you ever need maintenance, sell it and use the money. Way better than buying extended warranties. Your engine and powertrain are covered for 7 years / 70K miles by Lexus. Emission warranties also cover some parts of the exhaust system.
lexgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 11:37 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Extended warranty for a used RX kevin09 RX - Third Generation 6 09-04-14 10:04 AM
New Warranty on old warranty jarm LS460, LS460L and LS600h 2 04-18-13 06:20 PM
Extended Warranty on a CPO qbno12 RX - Third Generation 17 10-12-12 06:46 AM
out of warranty PWRSTEVE GS - Third Generation 11 02-04-12 02:42 AM
Purchase of a Lexus Extended Warranty for my GS450h indyberett GS - Third Generation 8 05-05-10 10:29 AM


Tags
2013, 875000, club, cost, dealer, extended, factory, greenfield, is250, lexus, opinion, platinum, toyota, troy, warranty

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info