Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS460, LS460L and LS600h
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Went to LA Auto Show

Old 11-27-13, 11:51 AM   #1
ikeb
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default Went to LA Auto Show

Looked at the new 2014 LS at the LA Auto Show Sunday and to tell you the truth - I don't see much difference in the 2010 that i have and the new 2014.

Yes, Lexus moved some stuff around on the dash board and it has a new front grill (like the 2013), but that's it. No - Wow, I have to have one of those!!

After seeing the new 2014, I purchased a 4 year extended warranty from Lexus for my car (it only has 18,000 miles on it anyway)
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 01-13-14, 01:51 PM   #2
korlexus
Driver

Newer models of Lexus tried too hard to be sporty.
I like how older models are. It it just classy
korlexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 03:00 AM   #3
Shibumi1
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by korlexus View Post
Newer models of Lexus tried too hard to be sporty.
I like how older models are. It it just classy
agreed 100%

D.C. aka Shibumi1
Shibumi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 09:05 AM   #4
Devh
Lead Lap

Lexus needs that fake sporty image to appeal to Mercedes and BMW owners. Unfortunately power and handling is selling cars to a new generation of owners that are being led by marketing not purpose.

Lexus LS is a luxury sedan period and they should keep their focus and become the odd sensible one that invests it's money in the interior and luxurious ride then the gadgetry of the other brands. If they went in the opposite direction and built a truly focused luxury car then the automotive press will turn on the European rivals and make them seem excessive.
I mean really do you need to add twin turbos to a V8 for luxury. Lexus should take their V12 motor and updated it for the newly designed LS flagship and improve on the coach work, and they will sell cars.

I think one thing they did right for the new model is to give it that retro Japanese interior. Lexus needs to stick to Japanese luxury which is incorporating their culture, art and philosophy in their cars then trying to keep up with their German rivals.
Devh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 09:05 AM