Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS460, LS460L and LS600h
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Front Brake Caliper Bolt Torque Spec

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-13, 06:35 PM   #1
mulva68
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
mulva68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5
Default Front Brake Caliper Bolt Torque Spec

I have been looking all over the place for this info and I am surprised I can not find it. I am looking for the torque specs for the caliper bolts, they are a 19 mm bolt head. I am assuming around 80 lb/ft? A 2007 LS 460,. By the way does anyone know where I can buy the shop manuals for this care, I am sure they are inexpensive.


Thank You in Advance
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by mulva68; 11-14-13 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: nmissing some info
mulva68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:22 PM   #2
jgbackes
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)
 
jgbackes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulva68 View Post
I have been looking all over the place for this info and I am surprised I can not find it. I am looking for the torque specs for the caliper bolts, they are a 19 mm bolt head. I am assuming around 80 lb/ft? A 2007 LS 460,. By the way does anyone know where I can buy the shop manuals for this care, I am sure they are inexpensive.


Thank You in Advance

INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER ASSEMBLY
(a) Install the front disc brake cylinder assembly with the 2 new bolts.
Torque : 135 Nm (1377 kgf-cm, 100 ft-lbf)


Best to subscribe to www.alldatadiy.com instead of looking for shop manuals.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:30 PM   #3
mulva68
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
mulva68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER ASSEMBLY
(a) Install the front disc brake cylinder assembly with the 2 new bolts.
Torque : 135 Nm (1377 kgf-cm, 100 ft-lbf)


Best to subscribe to www.alldatadiy.com instead of looking for shop manuals.
Thank you for the reply. Are these 2 bolts a torque to yield bolt and must be replaced with new ones?
mulva68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:39 PM   #4
jgbackes
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)
 
jgbackes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 262
Default

PM Sent…

jeff
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:54 PM   #5
mulva68
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
mulva68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
PM Sentů

jeff
Thank you for the info. It definitely does not give a reason why I would want to replace the bolts? Usually there is a note stating that the part must be replaced ie torque to yield type of bolt. I guess I will call Lexus in the morning and hope they have this bolt in stock. I went to that site and signed up, that link you sent me will help to navigate their site. Looks like a good site good call.
mulva68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:57 PM   #6
mulva68
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
mulva68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulva68 View Post
Thank you for the info. It definitely does not give a reason why I would want to replace the bolts? Usually there is a note stating that the part must be replaced ie torque to yield type of bolt. I guess I will call Lexus in the morning and hope they have this bolt in stock. I went to that site and signed up, that link you sent me will help to navigate their site. Looks like a good site good call.
Found the diagram and it shows that it is a non reusable part. Good to know!
mulva68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 08:16 PM   #7
ProperD
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (4)
 
ProperD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 690
dawagarage
Send a message via AIM to ProperD
Default

i doubt its a torque to yield bolt, it might have something to do with the constant heat cycle that those bolts undergo, and the constant heating/cooling could decrease the bolt's strength.
__________________

ratsun: dawa, 73 datsun 620
zilvia: dawagarage, 96 S14, 90 Z32
ProperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 07:31 AM   #8
mulva68
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
mulva68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER ASSEMBLY
(a) Install the front disc brake cylinder assembly with the 2 new bolts.
Torque : 135 Nm (1377 kgf-cm, 100 ft-lbf)


Best to subscribe to www.alldatadiy.com instead of looking for shop manuals.
I called 2 Lexus dealerships this morning and neither dealership has replaced this bolt before nor ordered these bolts. They have replaced rotors and pads, but have reused these bolts. Just thought I would follow up with this thread, thank you for your info.
mulva68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 07:31 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2007, 2009, 250, bolts, brake, caliper, calipers, front, isf, lexus, rx350, setting, spec, specifications, torque

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Torque Spec. j.tom ES350 (2007 - 2012) 13 07-03-14 11:11 AM
Torque Specs - Front/Rear Caliper & Caliper Brackets OneGuyInCA GS - Third Generation 2 07-03-13 01:48 AM
2010 RX 450H Caliper Bolt Torque Specs scott313 RX - Third Generation 0 02-19-13 05:03 PM
Coilover install torque specs. rcJten Suspension and Brakes 3 11-07-12 06:48 AM
Caliper Bolt Torque Spec kee0419 SC 430 2 09-29-12 03:33 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info