Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

iPod/iPhone integration in 2008 LS600h

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 02:03 PM
mmartin252
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod/iPhone integration in 2008 LS600h

I recently purchased and had installed the isimple ISTY651 iPod integration. My car only had Aux. So I purchased this to get USB and Bluetooth Audio. It also has Bluetooth for your phone. Haven't checked yet to see if this units bluetooth for phone will download my contacts as my factory bluetooth doesn't. So far, sound quality is great. Has CD like sound and the ability to control music tracks via factory radio is great. While plugged in USB it also charges your device. I live in Maryland and the folks at Streamline Audio were great to work with.
Old 11-11-13, 03:45 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin252
I recently purchased and had installed the isimple ISTY651 iPod integration. My car only had Aux. So I purchased this to get USB and Bluetooth Audio. It also has Bluetooth for your phone. Haven't checked yet to see if this units bluetooth for phone will download my contacts as my factory bluetooth doesn't. So far, sound quality is great. Has CD like sound and the ability to control music tracks via factory radio is great. While plugged in USB it also charges your device. I live in Maryland and the folks at Streamline Audio were great to work with.
Does it works with the iPhone 5/5s?
Old 11-11-13, 04:32 PM
mmartin252
Driver School Candidate

I have the iPhone 5 and it works. I also have the 5th generation iPod touch and it works. I would imagine the 5S/C should work. Same operating system.
Old 11-11-13, 07:16 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the iPhone 5 and it works. I also have the 5th generation iPod touch and it works. I would imagine the 5S/C should work. Same operating system.
Cool that's good to know.
Old 11-12-13, 10:24 AM
geekhou05
Driver School Candidate

How does it handle phone calls? Would using the regular Lexus bluetooth be good for the phone, while using USB for audio? Or do you use bluetooth on the isimple for the phone as well?
Old 11-12-13, 03:39 PM
mmartin252
Driver School Candidate

I still use the car bluetooth for phone. Isimple does come with its own bluetooth for phone, and they install a nice little mic at top by rear view mirror. I tried out the phone feature and it works but caller ID does not. It just displays incoming callers number. After manually plugging in my contacts to the car, I don't want to go back to no caller ID. Just a personal option for me. Overall, it's a nice unit and I am enjoying my digital sound and music streaming again.
Old 03-24-14, 04:11 PM
geekhou05
Driver School Candidate

If you run Pandora or Spotify, does the track, artist and album information show on the NAV screen? I know this works for music that is downloaded from iTunes, but not sure if it works for 3rd party apps.
Old 03-24-14, 11:58 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How much this cost?
Old 03-25-14, 04:18 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by LXurious
How much this cost?
What is this Google that everyone keeps talkin about ;-)
Old 03-25-14, 05:59 AM
BigWalt
Driver

I had the iSimple in my ls430, always worked fine for me.
Would of got it for the 460 but dont want to lose my Sat radio function.
Old 03-25-14, 06:25 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
What is this Google that everyone keeps talkin about ;-)
Bwahaha. Awesome.

I guess I'm confused some though. I stream my music through the 3.5mm aux. Why all the extra mics and stuff? My phone works through the Bluetooth.

I had an Isimple setup in my Beemer because it had no aux input. I was happy to get away from that with my newer LS and all the hands free stuff and aux. This all seems stepping back to me.
Old 03-25-14, 04:01 PM
mmartin252
Driver School Candidate

Cost was approximately $140 for the unit. Installation was another $60. This unit works similar to the Vais set ups. It allows use of bluetooth streaming and usb hook up which is better sound than the aux headphone sound. When streaming music it does show album name, track title but no album cover photos. Also, you do not lose SAT radio function. I still have and use my XM radio thru factory radio like normal. Hope I answered all the questions.
Old 03-25-14, 07:46 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Cost was approximately $140 for the unit. Installation was another $60. This unit works similar to the Vais set ups. It allows use of bluetooth streaming and usb hook up which is better sound than the aux headphone sound. When streaming music it does show album name, track title but no album cover photos. Also, you do not lose SAT radio function. I still have and use my XM radio thru factory radio like normal. Hope I answered all the questions.
Are you saying that the VAIS setup will result in the loss of my SAT? If so that's a deal breaker for me. However, for audio purity, bluetooth is horrible. it was really only developed for phone conversations, so it lacks the high bitrate to deal with the higher frequencies in audio files correctly. No one uses it for the high-end stuff. Music in my 7 Series BMW was HORRENDOUS through Bluetooth. Loss of signal at higher freq's was a mess.
Old 03-25-14, 09:06 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog

Are you saying that the VAIS setup will result in the loss of my SAT? If so that's a deal breaker for me. However, for audio purity, bluetooth is horrible. it was really only developed for phone conversations, so it lacks the high bitrate to deal with the higher frequencies in audio files correctly. No one uses it for the high-end stuff. Music in my 7 Series BMW was HORRENDOUS through Bluetooth. Loss of signal at higher freq's was a mess.
He said that he didn't lose SAT function....
Old 03-26-14, 06:35 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CJITTY
He said that he didn't lose SAT function....
Ah OK. The way I read this though:
This unit works similar to the Vais set ups. It allows use of bluetooth streaming and usb hook up which is better sound than the aux headphone sound. When streaming music it does show album name, track title but no album cover photos. Also, you do not lose SAT radio function. I still have and use my XM radio thru factory radio like normal.
Sounded like he was saying you lose SAT with Vaistech. Based on Vaistech's website, you don't lose any functionalities in the factory radio with their setups, so that's a relief.

Thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply: iPod/iPhone integration in 2008 LS600h