LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New 2014 LS 460 Sport, Where to get best price?

Old 08-02-13, 09:25 PM
14LSSport
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2014 LS 460 Sport, Where to get best price?

Hello,

I used to own a 97 ES 300 for about 10 yrs. Sold to a younger friend couple a few years ago. I'm older now and looking to order/buy a new LS 460 Sport.

I live in NC/GA. I can travel out of my area to get the best deal. lol

Can I buy one just a little over invoice or am I dreaming? How much under MSRP do you think I can buy one for and where?

Thanks,
DL

Last edited by 14LSSport; 08-02-13 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-02-13, 09:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

not when the 2014 is just about to hit the dealerships i think

maybe 2-3 months later then you can start getting some off msrp. i can't say much about the prices in your region
Old 08-02-13, 10:13 PM
14LSSport
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
not when the 2014 is just about to hit the dealerships i think

maybe 2-3 months later then you can start getting some off msrp. i can't say much about the prices in your region
If I order a 14, best I could get from my local dealer was $1,000 off MSRP with a $1,000 deposit to order.

Looked like from car & driver buying guide that on a 2013 LS Sport there is about $7,064 between Invoice and MSRP plus dealer hold back.

2013 LS Sport with options
Invoice $81301
MSRP $88365

F-SPORT PKG
COMFORT SPORT PKG
ALL-WEATHER PKG
3-SPOKE HEATED F SPORT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
BLIND SPOT MONITOR W/REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT
LEXUS PRE-COLLISION SYSTEM
ALL-WEATHER PKG
MARK LEVINSON 450-WATT SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM
AUTOMATIC LED HEADLAMPS W/AFS
PREFERRED ACCESSORY PACKAGE

Thanks,

Last edited by 14LSSport; 08-02-13 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-04-13, 01:05 PM
14LSSport
Driver

So I called one dealership in NC. If I order a 2014, They said they would allow 2.5% to 3% off MSRP. That's about $2,500 to $3,000 off MSRP.

They have a 13 just like I want arriving at dealership in a few weeks that they would let go for $4,500 off MSRP. No Advanced Pre-Collision System. They said you could not order the Advanced Pre-Collision System (PCS) on the F-Sport. Is this true? It says "Optional" on the Lexus site.

They said no changes are expected between the 13 and 14.
Old 08-04-13, 05:02 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 14LSSport
They said you could not order the Advanced Pre-Collision System (PCS) on the F-Sport. Is this true? It says "Optional" on the Lexus site.
I will bet anything he was lying to you. I had the same thing happen to me once at a dealership when I was considering getting an AWD model. The salesman said Pre-Collision was no longer available. I emailed Lexus corporate and they confirmed it was still available.

I called the salesman and told him he lied to me and that was the worse thing he could do. I also informed the Gemneral Manager. The guy is still working there (this was about 3 years ago), but he will never sell me a car.
Old 08-05-13, 06:52 PM
14LSSport
Driver

Thanks Nospinzone

Any Lexus sales guys on the board who know what can and can't be ordered?
Old 08-23-13, 05:58 PM
14LSSport
Driver

I found a dealer 150 miles from me that just got a 2013 LS460 F-Sport in at his dealership, still needs to be PDI'd, Black outside. I went and test drove the car today before they PDI'd it. He is offering to sell me the car at "Invoice". Is this a good deal or should I order a new 2014? Only thing it doesn't have is the pre-collision system, I am thinking the radar might set off my Valentine One, so maybe it isn't a big show stopper ?.

Last edited by 14LSSport; 08-23-13 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-23-13, 06:34 PM
14LSSport
Driver

He said 81,880 was invoice???? lol If I decide to call him back, I got some ammo as back up.

I;m thinking this price now: Tom said $500.00 over invoice. Invoice $79,936 plus $500.00 over invoice= $80, 436.00

I would say 80 K to 81 K would be a great deal.

I found this on car and driver:

TOTAL:
http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/...price#features

Invoice $79936
MSRP $86880

Spec'd out with same options.

Last edited by 14LSSport; 08-23-13 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-23-13, 07:19 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Why are you buying new? It's such a waste of money. Did you know that 80% of millionaires don't buy new because of how bad of an investment it is. Not to ruin your parade but I just think it's a much smarter decision to buy used and just get an extended platinum warranty if you are worried about reliability.
Old 08-24-13, 05:08 AM
14LSSport
Driver

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Why are you buying new? It's such a waste of money. Did you know that 80% of millionaires don't buy new because of how bad of an investment it is. Not to ruin your parade but I just think it's a much smarter decision to buy used and just get an extended platinum warranty if you are worried about reliability.
Haven't seen a used 13 LS 460 Sport available.

Last edited by 14LSSport; 08-24-13 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-24-13, 05:33 PM
14LSSport
Driver

Test drove a 2014 Hyundai Equus with the Ultimate package today. Hyundai might not have the prestige like Lexus earned a long time ago. But, Pretty darn nice car for the money. Hyundai has come a long way with their cars, They are trying to move up.

May save myself 20K or more. OK, let the bashing begin. lol
Old 08-25-13, 06:23 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
using ebay and autotrader theres 4 used ones in the entire country. Cant exactly go out and find a used one anywhere. This is a rare car. If he can get a year end discount on the 2013, probably a better bet
Old 08-25-13, 01:12 PM
LexFather

Yeah it's a tough car it seems to get a good deal on. Colors are also limited and many dealers seem oblivious about it.

Maybe things are better when December to Remember comes.. 0 down lease quotes are in the 1300-1400 range lol
Old 08-26-13, 11:45 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14LSSport
Test drove a 2014 Hyundai Equus with the Ultimate package today. Hyundai might not have the prestige like Lexus earned a long time ago. But, Pretty darn nice car for the money. Hyundai has come a long way with their cars, They are trying to move up.

May save myself 20K or more. OK, let the bashing begin. lol
Agreed, I'm very impressed with the Hyundai lines.
They were a bit slow getting on the NAV wagon, but would probably get a windshield-mounted Garmin, Nuvi 50LM or dash-mounted head unit like I put in my Taco.
The OEM NAV on my '08 LS is the most un-intuitive POS I've ever seen.
Besides with an aftermarket NAV I can make changes while moving.
Old 08-27-13, 07:04 PM
14LSSport
Driver

Update,

Dream car has always been a LS, I bought a 1997 ES 300 brand new and kept it for 11 yrs with no problems, before I sold to a friend.
I got my local dealer in GA to agree to order me a 2014 LS460 F-Sport for $1,000.00 over invoice. I could probably have it by December.

Lexus LS, $81,371 invoice plus $1,000.00 = $82,371 plus tax, tile,tags
Hyundai Equus $62,500 plus tax, tile,tags
$19,129 saving buying Equus

I got to decide soon,

I really like the 2014 Hyundai Equus Ultimate package.

Hyundai dealer Sales Manager was was very nice. Told me he would sell me the car for $62,500, that's $1,000 under invoice. Car has all the bells and whistles. I have to say I'm pretty impressed, and I am picky.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/equus/gallery.aspx

2014 Hyundai Equuus
429-hp 5.0L V8 GDI engine and rear-wheel drive
8-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC®
Forward-view cornering camera
Multi-view Camera System
Full 12.3-inch TFT LCD instrument cluster display screen
Heads-up Display (HUD)
Power door closure
Power trunk lid
Power rear side-window sunshades
Cooled rear seats
Rear-seat power up/down head restraints with manual tilt
Rear-seat entertainment system with dual 9.2-inch monitors
Rear-seat illuminated vanity mirrors
Haptic steering wheel remote
Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) with Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
Smart Cruise Control (SCC) with stop/start
Front and Rear Parking Assistance System with rearview camera and Rear Cross-traffic Alert
Navigation system with 9.2-inch LCD screen with DIS Multimedia Controller
Lexicon® 7.1 Discrete Surround Sound Audio System with 17 speakers
Three-zone automatic temperature control with Air Quality System (AQS)
Premium leather seating surfaces and microfiber suede headliner
Heated and cooled front seats
Integrated Memory System (IMS) for driver seat, mirror and steering wheel
Electrochromic auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with HomeLink® and compass
Power rear sunshade
Valet Service:
Owning an Equus means you may never have to set foot in our service center. Ever. Not for an oil change, not for a tune-up. When it’s time for service, contact us by phone or Blue Link® and we’ll come to you, pick up your car, deliver a Courtesy Replacement Vehicle and return your Equus when it’s ready.

Complimentary Maintenance:
Owning an Equus comes with the confidence that all of the normal scheduled maintenance is complimentary for 3 years or 36,000 miles. This doesn’t just mean oil changes, but all parts and labor included in the Equus Owner’s Manual under scheduled maintenance. And Equus maintenance is easy and painless given the convenience of our valet service that comes to you, picks up your vehicle, delivers alternative transportation and returns your vehicle when the work is done.

Assurance Connected Care Powered By Blue Link:
The Equus is transformed by the safety, convenience and capability of Hyundai Assurance Connected Care. Standard for the first three years of ownership, it offers important benefits including Automatic Collision Notification and Assistance, SOS Emergency Assistance and a suite of features to help make regular maintenance nearly effortless. Blue Link also offers available features that include Remote Vehicle Access, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Point of Interest (POI) Search and much more.

Equus Customer Connect Center:
The Equus Customer Connect Center provides a premium level of service for Equus prospects and owners. Operating seven days a week, this service gives you access to questions about warranty coverage, features and functionality, Authorized Equus Dealer locations or even helps scheduling a personalized demonstration appointment (applicable for period of 3 years/36,000 miles). Seven days a week from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (PST). Prospects/Owners call (877) 378-8727. Sales Champions and Service Advocates call (877) 378-8723.

America’s Best Warranty™*:
For more than a decade, the Hyundai 10-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty hasn’t just changed how our customers feel about their cars, it’s changed how we build vehicles. To make sure we deliver automobiles worthy of a 10-year warranty, Hyundai initiated the Drive Defects to Zero plan. This program has a dedicated team of Hyundai engineers who are charged with catching, learning about and fixing any issue—no matter how small—before it gets to the customer. America’s Best Warranty does more than give you peace of mind, it’s a commitment from Hyundai to maintain a high degree of quality, dependability and reliability.

Last edited by 14LSSport; 08-28-13 at 03:31 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2014 LS 460 Sport, Where to get best price?