LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Michelin PS2 has finally solved my vibration problems after nearly 3 years !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-13, 03:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
With my type of driving I would cry if I paid that much for tires I am the most immature one here anyways lmao

Frankyboy has the hookup! He told me, "I got a pair each of 245/30ZR22 & 295/25ZR22 for $480 shipped to Virginia. The tires have a treadwear of 360 which is great and hell for the price, I figured I'd give them a try you know. " (hope he doesn't mind me sharing that) That might be my next purchase since I shredded my rear continentals, hahaha!

I'm very pleased to hear that you finally resolved the issue of vibration though, Tammer. Iv'e been dealing with it for too long now, but Iv'e learnt to live with it somehow haha!
seriously brother I was starting to go numb too. Its like adaption. You dont realize exactly how bad it is until you get it corrected. In my field its kind of the same way with peoples vision. They could have cataracts and be 2-3 legal limit to drive, and know their vision sucks, but still drives because it has become normal. You should hear them after they get cataracts removed. They had no idea how bad it was .
Old 07-13-13, 09:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

The more I drive on these tires the more I love them. The grip on these tire is INSANE !!!! I find myself tossing the car into corners just to see if it will start to lose grip . The car rolls like crazy but with all that premium high performance rubber on the road the grip is off the charts
Old 07-14-13, 12:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hahaha yes, these tires just STICK
Old 07-14-13, 11:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I would agree , Henry that these are the best performance tires I have ever owned. I love them. The only thing is that they are noisy as hell but I have gotten used to it already. I am assuming, like most tires, these are going to howl by the time they need replacement
Old 07-22-13, 11:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

After having these on the car for a couple of weeks I just wanted to update and say that they are without a doubt the best tires I have ever had. Other than the smooth ride, the GRIP IS OFF THE CHARTS !!!!!! I know it sounds odd discussing grip with a car like an LS but these things will not slide even a millimeter ( and believe me I am having so much fun trying). I was exiting the corner of an on ramp at WAY higher than normal speed on the way home and had to make a large correction in the line because there was a piece of a brick in the road I didn't want to run over , and even with the insane speed and load these things had so much more grip and ability. More than enough to make the large correction, not make a sound, or even allow the car to understeer slightly. The steering even feels a touch more direct and the brakes seem to have a slightly better bite when initially depressed and at the very end right before the car stops. My LS has never really inspired much driving confidence since it just wants to cruise but these tires have given the car a new feel. I find myself constantly trying to see if they will allow any understeer or a little oversteer and so far the car grips like crazy. I have also noticed if I punch it at a light making a turn the car has no problem and has not caused the TCS light to go on. Even if the wear on these isn't the best ( we will see ) I am having so much fun . A lot more fun then I have had in my LS in a very long time, if ever.
Old 07-23-13, 09:14 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i am happy to inform you that i bought a set of used falken tires (in excellent shape i must say) and the car rides better than ever lol..
however, i am perhaps going to let go of the LS. i made a huge mistake by buying this car without factory warranty or CPO. i will probably trade it back in after only owning it for about 5 months and driving it for 5 thousand miles. I am currently looking into the ES350 CPO OF COURSE, or a GS, but these are hard to come by here in Miami.
Old 07-24-13, 10:52 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver305
i am happy to inform you that i bought a set of used falken tires (in excellent shape i must say) and the car rides better than ever lol..
however, i am perhaps going to let go of the LS. i made a huge mistake by buying this car without factory warranty or CPO. i will probably trade it back in after only owning it for about 5 months and driving it for 5 thousand miles. I am currently looking into the ES350 CPO OF COURSE, or a GS, but these are hard to come by here in Miami.
LOL good to know the Falken work. If I can get away with some Nitto INVOs I would be happy. I wish you the best with the car shopping. Its stressful and even more so when the car you have been dreaming of owning is having issues......expensive issues

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-24-13 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-24-13, 04:58 PM
tyrenfroe
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moderator altered my post without asking or receiving my permission to do so. Since I did NOT post what he edited and attributed to my name, I am deleting the entire post as it was censored by forum moderator and does NOT represent what I said. This is despicable behavior by forum moderators. If a post is objectionable, it should be deleted in its entirely, NOT modified by moderators and attributed to forum posters. I don't put words in theirs mouths; they should NOT put their words in MINE!

Last edited by tyrenfroe; 07-25-13 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Edited by Forum Moderator - Either delete post or leave it alone!
Old 07-24-13, 08:43 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Deleted by me because it contained a quote from tyrenfroe's original post that he deleted.

I am a moderator of a few other forums and I respect moderator decisions whether I agree or not. We're all human. (I think )

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 07-26-13 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-25-13, 08:14 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

HAHAHA ^^^ Oh this is epic, let me get comfortable right quick
Old 07-25-13, 09:25 AM
FLYCT

I am currently looking into the ES350 CPO OF COURSE, or a GS, but these are hard to come by here in Miami.
Drive 30 miles north to JM Lexus and they have 20 ES350s and 8 GS350s for sale, all CPO.
http://www.jm-lexus.com/inventory/vi.../Used/SortBy0/

I just sold my LS460 to them. In fact they only have 2 LS460s for sale on their lot now.

Miami cars are driven harder than Broward/Palm Beach cars. I've worked in both areas and I would not trust a used car that spent its life in Miami Dade county. Too much wheeling dealing going on in Miami, as I'm sure you're aware of. Everyone is looking to get things done on the cheap.

JR
Old 07-25-13, 11:08 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
Drive 30 miles north to JM Lexus and they have 20 ES350s and 8 GS350s for sale, all CPO.

I just sold my LS460 to them. In fact they only have 2 LS460s for sale on their lot now.

Miami cars are driven harder than Broward/Palm Beach cars. I've worked in both areas and I would not trust a used car that spent its life in Miami Dade county. Too much wheeling dealing going on in Miami, as I'm sure you're aware of. Everyone is looking to get things done on the cheap.

JR
you traded your car in? or you sold it to them outright? how much did you end up getting through them? what year how many miles did it have?
Old 07-25-13, 11:59 AM
Turvey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Forum, I hope you don't mind me joining the forum beause I don't own a Lexus but actually a BMW 5 series. The reason I have joined is beause I was searching google for vibration problems and switching to Michelin to find a cure, this topic is very good indeed IMO.`

My story:
I own a BMW E39 5 series that was running perfectly fine with the standard 16" wheels. I upgraded to BMW 7 series staggered 18" and enountered vibration problems from day 1. Found out the ball joints and control arms needed changing, changed them which made a huge difference but still slight vibration at the 67-80 mph region in the steering wheel. I have found out the front tyres are Yokohama AVS sport of which are well out of date made in the year 2000!

Tomorrow Friday 26th I am having the front set replaced with Michelin PS3's along with a hunter gsp700 dynamic balance and road force test. I will let you all know how I got on and if it made a big difference.

Regards Turv.
Old 07-25-13, 12:09 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Hey Turvey, welcome to The Club! We're all car enthusiats here so it's great if you can get help and contribute as well. We will be looking for report. I hope the tire change works for you.
Old 07-26-13, 10:19 AM
FLYCT

you traded your car in? or you sold it to them outright? how much did you end up getting through them? what year how many miles did it have?
I replied to your PM about my deal when I sold to the dealer.

My deal is different than yours. Mine was stock, without any mods or third party add on's. The dealer was able to easily put it on their lot as a CPO car. This would not be possible with your car because of the modifications you made. In fact I doubt that the dealer would sell it on their lot but rather they would dump it on the auction.

Your car does not match the original build sheet. They will pull that and compare.

You replaced the headlights.
You removed the headlight washers.
You have non factory wheels.
Your tires are different size from original.
Your tires are not OEM Bridgestone or Michelins.

All the above devalues the car in the eyes of either a dealer or Carmax. One of the first questions Carmax asks and looks for is "are there any 3rd party modifications on the car."

I suspect your car may end up on some "Buy Here, Pay Here" used car lot in Hialeah. Your best bet may be to sell it privately, but then you loose the tax advantage of a trade.

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 07-26-13 at 04:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Michelin PS2 has finally solved my vibration problems after nearly 3 years !!!!!