LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

To buy 2013 LS460 F Sport or not to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-13, 09:04 PM
sulex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To buy 2013 LS460 F Sport or not to buy?

Hey guys,

I've been a long time lurker here and had owned several LS models.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma here, and would love your thoughts on it...

I currently own a 2007 LS460L with all of the options except the executive seating package. The car has only about 47,000 miles on it as I also own several other cars - including a Nissan GTR (which I rarely drive - about once in two weeks).

So the other day I took the LS460L to the local dealership to have some work done to the rotors
and while I was waiting I took the 2013 LS460 F Sport out for a test run and loved it.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2013 F Sport model, and trading in the current LS...I'm torn, because I'm thinking of trading my current LS460L and my GTR for the new F Sport.

That's my dilemma, is it worth my current LS + GTR for the 2013 F Sport...I know many of you will say that the answer is quite subjective and I agree, but would also love your thoughts.

The F Sport is $86,000, my LS is valued at about $35,000 at the dealer and the GTR is about $65,000 to $70,000 in trade in value.

Thoughts?

p.s. The GTR has about 14,000 miles on it and is in immaculate condition.
Old 06-11-13, 09:47 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sulex
Hey guys,

I've been a long time lurker here and had owned several LS models.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma here, and would love your thoughts on it...

I currently own a 2007 LS460L with all of the options except the executive seating package. The car has only about 47,000 miles on it as I also own several other cars - including a Nissan GTR (which I rarely drive - about once in two weeks).

So the other day I took the LS460L to the local dealership to have some work done to the rotors
and while I was waiting I took the 2013 LS460 F Sport out for a test run and loved it.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2013 F Sport model, and trading in the current LS...I'm torn, because I'm thinking of trading my current LS460L and my GTR for the new F Sport.

That's my dilemma, is it worth my current LS + GTR for the 2013 F Sport...I know many of you will say that the answer is quite subjective and I agree, but would also love your thoughts.

The F Sport is $86,000, my LS is valued at about $35,000 at the dealer and the GTR is about $65,000 to $70,000 in trade in value.

Thoughts?

p.s. The GTR has about 14,000 miles on it and is in immaculate condition.
If your numbers are accurate AND you own both without liens then you should be able to trade, get the new car and a check.

I've done this a few times. I traded in two cars for one. The ACV (appraised cash value) of the 2 trades exceeded the cost of the new car. I left e dealership with my new car and a check.

JR
Old 06-12-13, 05:18 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

an 07 460L and a Nissan GTR, for a 2013 LS F Sport... IMO i would not do it. i test drove the F Sport a couple of times and there really is not much of a difference between the F Sport and base model as far as driving characteristics, it's a slight subtle change that many will not realize. i did not come away impressed after the test drive. the ball is in your court, it looks a little different with the grill and fogs, wheels and interior which only comes in black with the aluminum trim. i wouldn't trade both for the LS F Sport.
Old 06-12-13, 05:22 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd wait and maybe trade both in for the new generation '15 LS.
Old 06-12-13, 08:33 AM
tofu
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like your bank account is swell.
I would keep the LS and trade in the GTR for the LFA
Old 06-12-13, 10:46 AM
RodT
Pole Position

IMO; since you want the F-sport i would definetly trade the 460 in on it and just pay the difference however I would most certainly keep the GTR( not because im a GTR lover); but lets just face it the F-sport is a extremely nice car( not taking anything away from it (I like them) ) but it's to large to really and truly give you the performace of a real sports car. Thats why i say keep the coupe and trade up to a newer model LS with a lil sportier feel. This is just my spill
Old 06-12-13, 10:56 AM
sulex
Driver School Candidate

I guess my rationale is coming from the fact that I rarely drive the GT-R and I love the LS460 - so on one hand I do want the F Sport, but not sure if it's worthy of this trade. Two for one? I guess what's holding me back is the fact that the new LS460's are not a total redo of the car, but a decent facelift.

A7 is an option as well.
Old 06-13-13, 07:03 AM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just opted for a used 2012 LS vs buying the F-sport -- mostly because I could not get the color I wanted (red). Most dealers around here have white only (I was offered $5k off sticker if I would take it).
I thought the interior on the F-sport looked great. The ride quality was very good. I did not see the new navigation controller as an improvement.
Given that you are not driving the GTR, I think this is a good idea.
Old 06-13-13, 07:20 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Question...how do you feel when you drive the gtr. Does it make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? If not then you may have gotten that itch to own one out of your system. If that's the case I'd trade both for a new one and a check.
Old 06-13-13, 07:59 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If YOU like the F Sport and YOU know YOU want it, then whats the point of listening to peoples opinion on here? Seriously dude, if YOU want to get rid of the other cars and just have one car that YOU like, then why not?
Old 06-13-13, 08:17 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Go F Sport
Old 06-13-13, 08:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by sulex
A7 is an option as well.
I think the 2013 is a pretty big upgrade from the previous LS, I think you'd be happy with the upgrade from a style and technology standpoint. Ride and drive they are pretty similar to your 07. I think the question is whether you would miss having the GTR there to drive when you want to drive it...

IMHO the A7 doesn't compete with the LS. I drove one alongside the A6 when I was shopping for the GS. Its not nearly as opulent inside as an LS, nor as refined. Its an incredibly beautiful car, but I came away from it with the feeling that the only reason for spending more for one over an A6 is looks.

If you're thinking Audi, I'd look at an A8 or S8 if the sporty edge is what you want. S8 will be more than the LS F Sport for sure, but within striking distance of both of your trades.
Old 06-13-13, 09:46 AM
sulex
Driver School Candidate

I test drove the Audi A8L, and I didn't like the ride. It doesn't have that refined feeling that the LS460 does, which honestly is hard to beat.

I also checked out 750Li with the M Sport package, kinda torn on those...love them, but hate the fact that so many people are known to have serious problems with them.

The Audi A7 is a beautiful car and I do love the interior for it.

I think what I'm leaning towards doing is trading the GT-R and getting an A7 for it. Reason being, I know I would drive it more often.

I guess the reason I don't drive the GT-R much is that although it's a REALLY fast fun car that turns heads and gets attention...for some strange reason I dislike the attention of it, and I'm 6'2 about 230 lbs, so those seats are not the most comy seats, but than again, what do you expect from a sports car.
Old 06-13-13, 09:54 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Have you driven the A7? If you don't like the ride of the A8 you won't like the ride of the A7...I thought the ride was kind of busy and that the A6 rode better.
Old 06-13-13, 10:00 AM
sulex
Driver School Candidate

I drove the A6 and the A7, but that was a year ago, merely to satisfy my curiosity and I do agree...I don't know why but the A6 rides better, yet the A7 looks better.

Quick Reply: To buy 2013 LS460 F Sport or not to buy?