LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Camber Kits..do they exist?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-13, 05:42 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Camber Kits..do they exist?

Sorry for not searching but in a quick jam here....do they have camber kits for our cars? I checked a while ago and there wasnt anything available, but I'm going through tires pretty quickly and I'm about to drop another 800 for two fronts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-13, 06:19 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if youre in a jam i would think it would be quicker to search/research,
rather than post up a question and wait for someone to respond.

anyways, im sure you can find a kit. if not here, in japan.
if not in japan, you can have a shop build it just for you
Old 06-01-13, 06:58 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

they do have camber kits for our cars but they are pricey. There are only two Japanese companies that i am aware of that make parts for our cars

T Demand
http://www.t-demand.jp/products/proarm_l02.html

Nagisa Auto
http://www.nagisa-auto.com/products/toyota/ls460.html
Old 06-02-13, 05:31 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Been discussed more than enough times...search around but one US company is working on it..name slips my mind. .member broken_tsi is working with them
Old 06-03-13, 08:24 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Been discussed more than enough times...search around but one US company is working on it..name slips my mind. .member broken_tsi is working with them
Figs Engineering, Colorado. Whether or not they ever get it off the ground is another story.
Old 06-03-13, 09:22 AM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Figs Engineering, Colorado. Whether or not they ever get it off the ground is another story.
I've been trying to get Figs to make LS430 parts for 3 years...always on the back burner with an update once a year it seems like.
Old 06-04-13, 10:02 AM
CJITTY

Figs.dang it that's right. Ashamed to admit I forgot, especially since I am from Colorado andI would of been his R&D car had I lived there still. Broken_TSI went up there to get those done, so now it seems like the wait is on...tick tock. Now that am on air, it is off my radar but will help if I want to always drive low
Old 06-04-13, 02:13 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Originally Posted by CJITTY
so now it seems like the wait is on...tick tock. Now that am on air, it is off my radar but will help if I want to always drive low
I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 06-05-13, 06:51 AM
CJITTY

I wouldn't hold my breath.
Car has been out for over 6 years now....but demand must not be there, but maybe down the road. as people stated, might be better to just get those cheap azz tires once a year then pay all that money for camber kits lol...but, i have been running my continental dws tires for almost 2 years now on both my lowered 460 and semi lowered 600 with very good wear being observed..i know others ride much lower than me though
Old 06-05-13, 09:21 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

I know the fabricator I was working with wanted at least an order of 10 before moving forward. Not sure what FIGS personal stance is on production, but i'm not even sure if we can get that many people here to move forward on such a project.

Tough sell since it seems like having people being interested in such a product is completely separate from having people put money where their mouth is.
Old 06-05-13, 05:51 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by lei_z_ass
they do have camber kits for our cars but they are pricey. There are only two Japanese companies that i am aware of that make parts for our cars

T Demand
http://www.t-demand.jp/products/proarm_l02.html

Nagisa Auto
http://www.nagisa-auto.com/products/toyota/ls460.html

i took a look at the T-Demand and they're stuff looks pretty good.. but which pieces do i absolutely NEED.. bcuz i want them all.. but to save tire wear whats the minimum.. as they are kinda pricey..
Old 06-06-13, 07:52 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
i took a look at the T-Demand and they're stuff looks pretty good.. but which pieces do i absolutely NEED.. bcuz i want them all.. but to save tire wear whats the minimum.. as they are kinda pricey..
It all depends on how much camber you need. You might be able to just get the minimum amount of camber with being able to correct the toe with the stock arm.
Old 06-07-13, 10:08 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

^ agreed. if you don't need all that camber with non-aggressive wheels, that can actually be achieved with manipulation of the oem parts.
Old 06-07-13, 10:32 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know the fabricator I was working with wanted at least an order of 10 before moving forward. Not sure what FIGS personal stance is on production, but i'm not even sure if we can get that many people here to move forward on such a project.

Tough sell since it seems like having people being interested in such a product is completely separate from having people put money where their mouth is.
+1 on that
Old 06-20-13, 11:01 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't heard any updates as of yet. Seems like the money is in IS parts. I hope it happens eventually, but I might just have to save for the Japanese parts. I was really looking forward to this.

Quick Reply: Camber Kits..do they exist?