LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Camber Kits..do they exist?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-13, 10:18 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks like there might be a glimmer of hope for us from a new vendor:

Originally Posted by LSpec
A forum user has brought to my attention you guys are in need of some LS460 Adjustable arms?

I will begin R&D next month, if anyone else knows of some interest in anything aftermarket needing to be developed please inform me.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8284935-post7.html
Old 12-17-13, 01:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Im not holding my breath. We went through this in the 3GS camp back in the day and even with the GS the vendors would state there is no demand. Cant believe this is going to be fruitful. I hope it will but .........

What I would like is a set of upgraded sway bars. I would pay $1000 for a set. Still not holding my breath
Old 12-17-13, 02:13 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Delinte D7 Thunder tires are under $500 for a set of 22s shipped to my door....front tires are about $90 each, so it will probably be cheaper just to get new tires lol...and I love these tires!
Old 12-17-13, 03:09 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Im not holding my breath. We went through this in the 3GS camp back in the day and even with the GS the vendors would state there is no demand. Cant believe this is going to be fruitful. I hope it will but .........

What I would like is a set of upgraded sway bars. I would pay $1000 for a set. Still not holding my breath
I'm not holding my breath either, but one can wish. As for the sways, they are available for our cars for around that price point. Take a look at the Tom's suspension brace offerings.
Old 01-09-14, 03:55 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The guy I was getting to look into it said it would be 3500+ just for parts alone on his side. Looks like Japan is still the only option.
Old 01-09-14, 09:34 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
The guy I was getting to look into it said it would be 3500+ just for parts alone on his side. Looks like Japan is still the only option.
Some basic math here -

$3500 kit option = 6 sets of 4 Delinte Tires
$10K japan option = 16 sets of 4 Delinte Tires

LOL

I do realize some folks need kits for pure fitment options but many just want better tire wear with mild to moderate drops..cheap tires that last and perform well is certainly a great alternative

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-09-14 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-09-14, 01:56 PM
sleekmr3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone just unmount and remount the tires to the other rim once it wears a bit on the inside to save money? I have heard of that somewhere online before. I just got an alignment the other day after installing airrex struts and my alignment friend asked if I had a camber so I just started looking into this. My rear are fine, but he says my fronts will wear on the inside faster.
Old 01-09-14, 02:01 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by sleekmr3
Does anyone just unmount and remount the tires to the other rim once it wears a bit on the inside to save money? I have heard of that somewhere online before. I just got an alignment the other day after installing airrex struts and my alignment friend asked if I had a camber so I just started looking into this. My rear are fine, but he says my fronts will wear on the inside faster.
I have heard of people doing this, but unless you have the hook up at a tire shop to swap them over and rebalance them frequently, you may just be better off paying $90 for a new tire..probably safer that way too with having even tread across the tire
Old 01-10-14, 06:38 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I have heard of people doing this, but unless you have the hook up at a tire shop to swap them over and rebalance them frequently, you may just be better off paying $90 for a new tire..probably safer that way too with having even tread across the tire
Oh actually have 22" on the car. I wish tires were $90
Old 01-10-14, 11:00 AM
CJITTY

Oh actually have 22" on the car. I wish tires were $90
Wanna know something...I have 22s also..they are $92 a piece for Delinte Thunder D7 255/30/22 fronts that I'm running as I mentioned above...check my build thread for more details on my setup. bottom line is $575 for a staggered set of 4 tires shipped to my door. 255/30/22 and 305/25/22

Edit -

They are $102 each for 255/30/22 fronts now http://www.vittorewheelandtire.com/D...-95Y-P539.aspx
The rears are a little cheaper these days at $171 each for 305/25/22 http://www.vittorewheelandtire.com/D...03Y-P5652.aspx

Free shipping so $546 total for all 4 shipped..can't beat that and I have been running these for months and absolutely love them!

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-10-14 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-10-14, 01:57 PM
sleekmr3
Driver

nice thanks for the info CJcity. Been running Nitto NT555 rears alone were over $500.
Old 01-10-14, 06:04 PM
CJITTY

nice thanks for the info CJcity. Been running Nitto NT555 rears alone were over $500.
Get those Delinte tires and you will quickly forget about them Nittos...I have been road tripping in all sorts of rain too..these D7s are awesome and nice and quiet
Old 01-14-14, 04:11 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

i'll keep up with you on your progress with the delinte's... its been my experience if it sounds too good to be true...... by the way has anyone tested them? (tire rack,car&driver,road&track,etc??)can i get some wet/dry traction ratings,skidpad??.. as i'm a driver an need a bit more than good wear and a cheap price .. your life is literally riding on your tires..(i had a hydroplaning accident when i was younger.. i was the passenger not driving but cheap tires were too blame, no we weren't speeding or drinking) if it were only about price we'd all be on a hyundai forum... just my $.02
Old 01-14-14, 10:04 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
i'll keep up with you on your progress with the delinte's... its been my experience if it sounds too good to be true...... by the way has anyone tested them? (tire rack,car&driver,road&track,etc??)can i get some wet/dry traction ratings,skidpad??.. as i'm a driver an need a bit more than good wear and a cheap price .. your life is literally riding on your tires..(i had a hydroplaning accident when i was younger.. i was the passenger not driving but cheap tires were too blame, no we weren't speeding or drinking) if it were only about price we'd all be on a hyundai forum... just my $.02
It's simply a matter of cheaper labor. some of the Australian G8 guys run these hard on their cars and never had any issues (that I could find). I don't drive nearly as fast or aggressive as you do, so you may want a tire known for true performance. I have bought Robitussin, but "Tussin" seems to do a better job. You can't always go by price. Bentley's look nice, but ask anyone who has owned one how many times they are in the shop...same goes across the board for all products out there. I'll keep posting my experience with these tires. I have ZERO to complain about
Old 01-14-14, 03:00 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
It's simply a matter of cheaper labor. some of the Australian G8 guys run these hard on their cars and never had any issues (that I could find). I don't drive nearly as fast or aggressive as you do, so you may want a tire known for true performance. I have bought Robitussin, but "Tussin" seems to do a better job. You can't always go by price. Bentley's look nice, but ask anyone who has owned one how many times they are in the shop...same goes across the board for all products out there. I'll keep posting my experience with these tires. I have ZERO to complain about
thats why i asked for your input..i can actually trust what you say... u do the due diligence... but i've google,bing,yahoo'd.. no one (reputable) has done a test...so its weird that such a "good" tire is out there and no one is singing the praises..as it were.. even the Vredestein has been written up an most people havent heard of them.. i buy tires yearly due to my constant driving so it would be great to cut down 2/3 of my tire money.. i really hope they stand up...

Quick Reply: Camber Kits..do they exist?