LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Vertex Front/Rear Lip Kit owners, chime in please

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-13, 10:27 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Vertex Front/Rear Lip Kit owners, chime in please

Hey everyone. Pretty sure this is my next mod. I love the subtle look but it really seems to finish out the bottom of the car since our side skirts are pretty good already.

Few questions

1. I know they run around $600 for each of the two pieces, how much more is shipping?

2. How much did you pay for paint and install, trying to get a ball park. I saw one member paid about $300 for paint and install..not bad at all.

3. How difficult was install? Can this be self installed after prepped and painted or does it require a lot of fabrication to properly fit and go on the car, etc. I know there are some lip kits I had on previous cars and they did a good job of using existing mount points for install, making it a driveway job

4. Durability, good so far?

I did search and found this thread, but looking for some more details if anyone can provide them https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...digna-kit.html

Thanks in advance!!

Old 05-17-13, 12:45 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do not have Vertex but when I checked it out online seems like the regular run of the mill lip kit so install should not be any thing special, unless the brackets provided requires drilling. Most of the quality kits comes with brackets which attach to factory bolts. The Vertex guys can confirm.

Mannn, 300 for paint and install of two pieces sounds like the FL/CA special. In GA expect to 500-600 for paint and install on two pieces. I paid 900 or 950 for the 4 pieces on my GS and 250 for the wife 1 piece (front lip). You can contact Koffie, he might have the hook-up for better prices.
Old 05-17-13, 01:16 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yo CJITTY, that black whip looks insane with that lip and that rear skirt, but for some reason the kit stands out more in white. Come to miami and ill send you to my guy.. he would paint it for $300 and then use the rest of the money to cruise around south beach lol
Old 05-17-13, 02:03 PM
minnyminh
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll be looking at anywhere from 1700-1900 bux for everything. Installing it is a piece of cake. It fits like a glove. Knock-offs=bad fitment.
Old 05-17-13, 02:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

It will look great. I have considered the same kit for my ride even without the drop
Old 05-17-13, 02:44 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by minnyminh
You'll be looking at anywhere from 1700-1900 bux for everything. Installing it is a piece of cake. It fits like a glove. Knock-offs=bad fitment.
Thanks man..bolts up with existing fastners or new drilling points?
Old 05-17-13, 02:47 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by silver305
yo CJITTY, that black whip looks insane with that lip and that rear skirt, but for some reason the kit stands out more in white. Come to miami and ill send you to my guy.. he would paint it for $300 and then use the rest of the money to cruise around south beach lol
Thanks man..but please tell me it ain't the same guy who sold you the square shaped tires you got so many issues with lol
Old 05-17-13, 02:52 PM
CJITTY

This to me is the perfect setup...it looks like the car should of come that way and flows perfectly..agreed that black LS in the pics looks really nice. I know CBS70 and FrankyBoy have this kit and with CBS having the same color as my car..I can see the potential if I get it
Old 05-17-13, 02:56 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Do not have Vertex but when I checked it out online seems like the regular run of the mill lip kit so install should not be any thing special, unless the brackets provided requires drilling. Most of the quality kits comes with brackets which attach to factory bolts. The Vertex guys can confirm.

Mannn, 300 for paint and install of two pieces sounds like the FL/CA special. In GA expect to 500-600 for paint and install on two pieces. I paid 900 or 950 for the 4 pieces on my GS and 250 for the wife 1 piece (front lip). You can contact Koffie, he might have the hook-up for better prices.
Thanks Trin..I was def gonna talk to Kofie about this..he seemed happy with his project
Old 05-17-13, 06:27 PM
minnyminh
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Thanks man..bolts up with existing fastners or new drilling points?
It bolts up to existing mounts. Installation shouldn't take more than an hour. I installed it by myself and it wasn't difficult at all. Here's mine...
Attached Thumbnails Vertex Front/Rear Lip Kit owners, chime in please-image.jpg  
Old 05-17-13, 06:33 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by minnyminh
It bolts up to existing mounts. Installation shouldn't take more than an hour. I installed it by myself and it wasn't difficult at all. Here's mine...
Thank you..exactly what I needed to hear. Your LS is one if my faves. Great work! !
Old 05-17-13, 08:46 PM
CBS70
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the delay fellas. Some of you have sent PM about my set up. Cjitty, it users the factory mounting holes and is pretty easy to install. No tricks or modification needed. Prep is pretty easy, prime & paint and your good. I recall paying about a grand for both and paint and install was free. Had it done when she was in for repair after that C1500 took me out . .......member.? You member!!!! my buddy owns a body shop and fixed her up and installed lips for me.... Shout out to Eddie. Im very happy with the look quality and fit. Hope this helps fellas.
Old 05-18-13, 04:24 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by CBS70
Sorry for the delay fellas. Some of you have sent PM about my set up. Cjitty, it users the factory mounting holes and is pretty easy to install. No tricks or modification needed. Prep is pretty easy, prime & paint and your good. I recall paying about a grand for both and paint and install was free. Had it done when she was in for repair after that C1500 took me out . .......member.? You member!!!! my buddy owns a body shop and fixed her up and installed lips for me.... Shout out to Eddie. Im very happy with the look quality and fit. Hope this helps fellas.
Yes man..helps alot. I am sold. But I need to know where you got this for $1k asap lol..PM me if need be please. I will probably see if they can repair my front bumper to remove license plate bracket holes or get new bumper cover and have it all painted and installed same time
Old 05-19-13, 05:45 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea, where's the place to get it for the best price?
Old 05-21-13, 10:05 AM
CBS70
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Yes man..helps alot. I am sold. But I need to know where you got this for $1k asap lol..PM me if need be please. I will probably see if they can repair my front bumper to remove license plate bracket holes or get new bumper cover and have it all painted and installed same time
Luxury mods.com is where I got mine. As I recall, a little more the 5 bills each. Good luck, you will love it.

Quick Reply: Vertex Front/Rear Lip Kit owners, chime in please