LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Is this possible? All aftermarket wheel owners please chime in.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-13, 05:53 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
i just did that and unfortunately they only finance used vehicles for 5 years, not 6. This would increase my monthly payment by nearly $100 dollars...

I understand.

Its Still something to consider if you can afford it. My quick calculation estimates your payment would go up about $80/ month and save $2,200 over the term of the note.

In 2 or so years you will most likely no longer be upside down like you were with your IS.

5 yrs at 2.49% will also save you $2,200 in interest through the term of the note compared to the 6 yrs at 4%. Something to consider.

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 05-17-13 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-19-13, 04:08 PM
Smoothe1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I agree with silver305. The ride on MY LS (completely stock) is very disappointing. I get the same vibration around 70 mph. Ive tried new tires, wheel balancing and a Lexus inspection to no avail. I thought I was upgrading from the BMW 7series to the Lexus flagship sedan, but that has not been the case. I do more reading on here than typing, so clearly there are some flawless LS's. Just not mine! I'm tired of the bouncy suspension, sticky brakes and the vibration. If I wasn't almost sure to loose my down payment, I would have dumped mine a long time ago. I bought mine for about $33,000 and some change lol and financed $28,000 through Usaa. I deal in cars for a living, so I know I'll be lucky to get $30,000. As someone stated earlier, you do not have to buy name brand tires to obtain a quality ride. I may go through 12 cars in a month and I won't hesitate to put a non name brand tire on my cars. And for the Cadi jokes .....I've owned a Cadillac Deville Dts for seven years and that is the most comfortable ride I've experienced. I also have a 1999 Eldorado with 52,000 miles and I'd put it's ride comfort up against any LS.
Old 05-19-13, 04:16 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

I'm not sure why you guys are having issues. I just got 22" wheels and dropped it. I honestly don't feel any difference than stock.
Old 05-19-13, 04:35 PM
Smoothe1
Driver School Candidate

I don't know either. I've taken mine to a reputable shop here in Atlanta and the dealership. The dealership said everything is fine and charged me $100. You can actually see the passenger seat vibrate, while no one is sitting in it. I'm just gonna chalk it up for now and say some are better than others.
Old 05-19-13, 09:18 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoothe1
I don't know either. I've taken mine to a reputable shop here in Atlanta and the dealership. The dealership said everything is fine and charged me $100. You can actually see the passenger seat vibrate, while no one is sitting in it. I'm just gonna chalk it up for now and say some are better than others.
Hum?

My 09 LS3460 is PERFECTLY SMOOTH at any speed. I travel across Florida between the East and West coast often. My standard cruise speed is between 72-78 MPH for hours on end. There is NO VIBRATION at ALL.

Mine has Stock 18" wheels and Michelin Tires.

Here is a snap shot taken last week while cruising at 76 MPH. I took the photo because some don’t believe that the car displays 30 MPG at this speed. The display does exaggerate about 5% so the actual MPG is 28 MPG when using a pencil to calculate.

JR
Attached Thumbnails Is this possible? All aftermarket wheel owners please chime in.....-30mpg.jpg   Is this possible? All aftermarket wheel owners please chime in.....-ls460.jpg  
Old 05-20-13, 06:24 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I agree with silver305. The ride on MY LS (completely stock) is very disappointing. I get the same vibration around 70 mph. Ive tried new tires, wheel balancing and a Lexus inspection to no avail. I thought I was upgrading from the BMW 7series to the Lexus flagship sedan, but that has not been the case. I do more reading on here than typing, so clearly there are some flawless LS's. Just not mine! I'm tired of the bouncy suspension, sticky brakes and the vibration. If I wasn't almost sure to loose my down payment, I would have dumped mine a long time ago. I bought mine for about $33,000 and some change lol and financed $28,000 through Usaa. I deal in cars for a living, so I know I'll be lucky to get $30,000. As someone stated earlier, you do not have to buy name brand tires to obtain a quality ride. I may go through 12 cars in a month and I won't hesitate to put a non name brand tire on my cars. And for the Cadi jokes .....I've owned a Cadillac Deville Dts for seven years and that is the most comfortable ride I've experienced. I also have a 1999 Eldorado with 52,000 miles and I'd put it's ride comfort up against any LS.
well today should be THE DAY when i will find out if my car is the problem or not. If the shop agrees to see me at 2pm, i am taking it in to get the on the car wheel balancing. Some swear by it and the guy i spoke on the phone said he has seen cars with bad vibration pretty much leave without any vibration at all even with wheels that are slightly bent. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but if this nails it, then we should make it official here and say that the only way to get this car to ride perfect is through on the car wheel balancing. I should have an answer at around 5pm today...
Old 05-20-13, 07:05 AM
Smoothe1
Driver School Candidate

@ FLYCT... yeah the LS does get 28 to 30 mpg easily. @ silver305...If it works for you, I'll definitely give it a shot.
Old 05-20-13, 07:12 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just adding my input- my car is smooth at any speeds (that I've gone) on both stock 18's and 22's with stretched tires.
Old 05-20-13, 07:46 AM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
Just adding my input- my car is smooth at any speeds (that I've gone) on both stock 18's and 22's with stretched tires.
well, this s WHY i have been trying to see who is local here on the forums so i can see if i can try their wheels on my car for a few miles and see if i get vibration or not. This way, i dont have to go crazy buying tires, doing control arms, driveshafts, etc.. it would be a cheap inexpensive way to rule out the causes of the problem.
Old 05-20-13, 09:16 AM
silver305
Pole Position

alright, well i am on my way to do this on the vehicle wheel balancing... let's see if this will finally end this nightmare for me for once and for all..
Old 05-20-13, 09:39 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty far, but if you're still having trouble when I move down there, I'll let you try a set.

Good luck on the balancing.
Old 05-20-13, 11:15 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have had the same vibration issue for close to 30 months now. It drives me insane. What a curse to have such a nice car with beautiful wheels on it and it shakes like a heroine addict going through withdrawl. Sometime its worse than others and it all makes no sense. The other day I was driving home and I could see my radar detector vibrating a little. Im doing a new set of tires soon. If that doesnt do it the cars days are numbered. I will not stand for a car that vibrates or rattles, and yes this is a major turn off when it comes to buying another Lexus. My GS had tons of rattles and my LS shakes.
Old 05-20-13, 11:20 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
Actually, you know where i think i went wrong with this car???? i bought a car with 64k miles and zero warranty.. That was MY MISTAKE.. i should have never bought a car with this many miles and no warranty otherwise i would have it in the dealer for a full month while i drive a loaner and not care because everything is being worked on. I am OCD with cars and i notice things most people WOULD NEVER notice at all. I probably would be happier if i had bought a newer GS with full warranty and zero bs issues, but it is what it is. I thought the LS would be MUCH MORE SOLID overall and so i went with it. Frankly, i didn't do my damn research regarding this car because i was coming from an IS250 that was sturdy as hell. Most of the issues are more TOYOTA ISSUES with this car such as control arms that wear out fast, brakes that are decent, but dont really last long. Wind noise during highway accelaration/cruising etc. I probably wouldnt have bought the car if i had known these issues were present when i test drove it, but like i said, no informing yourself with the necessary things to understand what known problems are is something i can only blame myself for.
So far, i have owned 3 lexus and the IS250 was BY FAR the most reliable, trouble free, camry-like reliability vehicle i have ever owned. I would buy an is250 with my eyes closed, but the reason why i came to this car was because i m 6'1 252 lbs ( i bodybuild) and so the car was getting smaller and smaller which lead me to buying the bigger brother. Could i trade this car back in? possibly, but i am not going to lose the $5000.00 down payment just like that.
**** poor purchase which makes me angry as hell because this is the first time this has ever happened to me, but i guess it happens to us all at some point when playing this whole car game...
Dude dont feel bad. I bought mine at 32k miles and it still had plenty of warranty and they still couldn't figure it out. Remember my situation with Bell Lexus. They had my car 23 days , put 642 miles on it test driving, and then had the ***** to call me and tell me " we cant figure it out. We feel it but we dont know where its coming from". Im still in shock. I took the car in so many times for the issue they had to call Lexus corporate
Old 05-20-13, 11:21 AM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have had the same vibration issue for close to 30 months now. It drives me insane. What a curse to have such a nice car with beautiful wheels on it and it shakes like a heroine addict going through withdrawl. Sometime its worse than others and it all makes no sense. The other day I was driving home and I could see my radar detector vibrating a little. Im doing a new set of tires soon. If that doesnt do it the cars days are numbered. I will not stand for a car that vibrates or rattles, and yes this is a major turn off when it comes to buying another Lexus. My GS had tons of rattles and my LS shakes.
Sucks you guys are having such bad issues. I was a bit worried after looking at this thread but after I got my wheels on and dropped it, I couldn't really tell that big of a difference. Its definitely not as smooth as stock, but that's a given. But never noticed a change in vibration from when I had my whole car stock. My gf was in the car too and she said she couldn't really tell either.
Old 05-20-13, 11:30 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

My 22s def ride nice, even with 245/30/22s up front, but it DAMN sure ain't as smooth or as comfortable as those spongy 18s I had on my 460 or the 19 oems I have for my 600...

Quick Reply: Is this possible? All aftermarket wheel owners please chime in.....