LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Not A GS But it's a Lexus, sittin on Deuce Zero's

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-13, 12:47 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat
A picture is worth a thousand words...Front on 20" and Rear on 22"

My opinion, 20" are too small. Notice the gap between the back of the front bumper and the tires...and 22", nice but a little too big. The perfect size is 21"...again, just my opinion as I took the time to actually test fit.
this car is in another league... i'm still in the minor league. but i see what you're saying.

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
Still looks great man! And the 20's fit the LS very well without much compromise in ride! If you're considering 21" wheels, we should have the Precision Series in that size when the time comes to go a little bigger....
Thanx, can you send me a PM with a PQ on the PS CV4 in 21s.
Old 05-07-13, 01:48 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I am in NY, so obviously my car is AWD. I am running a staggered set up. My concerns are damaging the AWD system and the LSCD. I've read tons of info on staggering an AWD. Some positive, some negative. The car is brand spankin new and I don't want any problems. I was surprised at how light the Vossen CV4 wheels are. Going bigger would mean going heavier which in turn will put more stress on the system.
Old 05-07-13, 03:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT... hown can ANYONE say that the 20s look good up front even when dropped? that gap in front of the tire and bumper looks hideous.
Your car is dope and hey i wish i could afford it, BUT i feel like wanting wheels and EXPECTING the same ride quality as your stock ones is NOT being a realist. IT is a known fact that once you put aftermarket wheels, your ride won't be the same.
You seem to be getting defensive about this and the bottom line, based on the picture that was just posted, the fender gap DOES NOT look good EVEN IF YOU DROP YOUR CAR.
dont worry, i see you putting 22s in about a year or so... Just like CJITTY did on his...
See, I think the car that was posted with the 22s and the 20s for comparison looks ridiculous. I would absoltely never do anything like that to a car...

Different strokes for different folks. Your opinions are YOUR opinions, there is no "right" or "wrong".

Do to your car what you want and let him do what he wants. He's not the one getting defensive...he has nothing to defend. Its his car.
Old 05-08-13, 07:39 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
I will be dragging the wife and kids to GA to move into our new home, so my plan is when i get down there i'll start looking into diff size wheels. 21"... i think it can be done.

Now that's what’s' up another LS460 coming down the GA, we need more LS's at the meets and you will have the first 2013!

All this mod stuff we do with our cars as anything we do to personalize something we own is subjective….in the end you have to live with your reasons and choice you made no one else. Long as you are happy is all that matters, (which seems to be the case) I must say you are handling the opinions in an open forum with class and you know how forums work so bravo sir!

All let’s just chalk this one up as to agree to disagree and move on, the OP has stated his thoughts to your opinions about the 20’s vs. 21’s & 22’s. I think the horse is dead now, I’m a 22’ guy but I respect sydtoosic choice and happy for him.
Old 05-08-13, 02:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

this car is in another league... i'm still in the minor league. but i see what you're saying.

Thanx, can you send me a PM with a PQ on the PS CV4 in 21s.
not sure buddy, but I dont think they are available i 21". I thought they were 20 or 22.
Old 05-08-13, 10:03 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
not sure buddy, but I dont think they are available i 21". I thought they were 20 or 22.
it's just wishful thinking... mike@Vossen says they should have the Precision Series in 21", hopefully they have a 21"wheel similar to the 20" CV4 in the PS wheel.
Old 05-09-13, 12:54 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Work wheels come in 21xwhatever and whatever offset you want.
Old 05-09-13, 10:21 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

it's just wishful thinking... mike@Vossen says they should have the Precision Series in 21", hopefully they have a 21"wheel similar to the 20" CV4 in the PS wheel.
I saw the Precision series in person at SEMA and I think they are stunning. Easily some of the best looking wheels I have ever seen. The styles and finish are amazing
Old 05-09-13, 12:09 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT... hown can ANYONE say that the 20s look good up front even when dropped? that gap in front of the tire and bumper looks hideous.
Your car is dope and hey i wish i could afford it, BUT i feel like wanting wheels and EXPECTING the same ride quality as your stock ones is NOT being a realist. IT is a known fact that once you put aftermarket wheels, your ride won't be the same.
You seem to be getting defensive about this and the bottom line, based on the picture that was just posted, the fender gap DOES NOT look good EVEN IF YOU DROP YOUR CAR.
dont worry, i see you putting 22s in about a year or so... Just like CJITTY did on his...
+1 on this one. Too much gap even with a drop. Just stay on factory wheels. Nice LS though!
Old 05-13-13, 01:49 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope my GS brothers don't mind, just an update on the move to the LS from the GS why is he in my picture. and the funny thing is... he wouldn't move.

P5020054 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

P5020042 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

Vossen 20" silver machine polished CV4. i know 22's are the norm for an LS but i just couldn't bare tearing up beautiful wheels on these N.Y. streets.
Car looks great, not sure how I missed this! I wish the mod who merged this kept the title from the LS forum, this is in the LS forum with the GS title.
Old 05-13-13, 03:19 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Car looks great, not sure how I missed this! I wish the mod who merged this kept the title from the LS forum, this is in the LS forum with the GS title.
Thanx Mike... I was posting a couple of pics with the new wheels for my GS brothers to see because I used to own a GS F sport, but due to circumstances I decided to move over to the LS ... Went from a 3 bedroom to a 5 bedroom . But it was moved... They found me so it's all good.
Old 05-13-13, 05:22 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks good .... I want wheels =/ haha

Any plans to lower it?
Old 05-13-13, 09:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Looks good .... I want wheels =/ haha

Any plans to lower it?
Thanx Josh... I'm still on the fence about lowering it. I want to but... IMO it's a toss up with an AWD. With a RWD I would have dropped her when i got the wheels put on. But my gut is telling me that dropping an AWD is more trouble than it's worth.
Old 05-19-13, 09:50 PM
tovu228
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautiful ride
Old 06-12-13, 08:13 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing: Great choice on the wheels. This combo looks super clean and classy!

Second thing: Like others have said, people mod their cars for different reasons. Some mod just for looks and say to hell with practicality and performance. Running negative camber just to fit bigger wheels makes no sense to me. Might as well wear your pants backwards like Kriss Kross (RIP). I myself, think finding the right balance between form and function is key. When you can make your car look better and increase performance, that's golden.

Sure 22's look better are much more impressive, but you end up sacrificing too much just for style. I support your decision 100% and give you a virtual high 5.

Quick Reply: Not A GS But it's a Lexus, sittin on Deuce Zero's