LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

OEM Air Suspension ride height links below car..adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-13, 12:13 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

be careful..the car has to be running also as mentioned above. It doesnt take much to make a change
Old 02-20-13, 12:26 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJITTY
be careful..the car has to be running also as mentioned above. It doesnt take much to make a change
Can I not set it to "0", turn off the car and make adjustments then start it again and go back down to super L?
Old 02-20-13, 01:10 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Can I not set it to "0", turn off the car and make adjustments then start it again and go back down to super L?
All I know is what Busa mentioned above. Maybe he learned from experience. The suspension will react in real time..the only way the air suspension will work is when the car is running. I have not personally done this at all yet, so crawl before you walk and I suggest using the guidance already provided to be on the safe side. Besides, the data controller cable is plenty long enough..if you can get on a drive on ramp like alignment rack style, you can feed controller down to under car and make adjustments and observe the changes occurring in the system real time..
Old 02-20-13, 01:38 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

All I know is what Busa mentioned above. Maybe he learned from experience. The suspension will react in real time..the only way the air suspension will work is when the car is running. I have not personally done this at all yet, so crawl before you walk and I suggest using the guidance already provided to be on the safe side. Besides, the data controller cable is plenty long enough..if you can get on a drive on ramp like alignment rack style, you can feed controller down to under car and make adjustments and observe the changes occurring in the system real time..
True. Alright - I will try that then.
Stay tuned.
Old 02-20-13, 04:46 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That sounds very interesting^^^ Good luck and I hope you don't mess anything up....sounds scary to play around with
Old 02-20-13, 06:39 PM
pmiller
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with adjusting the ride height of the factory air suspension equipped LS's by adjusting these brackets below the car? Yottabyte spoke about this, but I cannot seem to find more information on this. For those that have done it, can you share your experience on how you can lower the normal ride height with these?

From https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7653456-post37.html

I had this posted in the Air Suspension 101 thread, but since it is buried in the thread, I was hoping to get some more eyes on it and I will add this thread back into the 101 thread if anyone can add helpful info..thanks!
So I did some investigation tonight. Basically I need to shorten the turn buckle? There is a small nut that I need to loosen to shorten it, correct?
Old 02-21-13, 06:40 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pmiller
So I did some investigation tonight. Basically I need to shorten the turn buckle? There is a small nut that I need to loosen to shorten it, correct?
That nut that the arrow is pointing to in the pictures is what you have to loosen.
Old 02-21-13, 04:24 PM
pmiller
Driver

Originally Posted by jayhoang
That nut that the arrow is pointing to in the pictures is what you have to loosen.
Yes, I took that off. But there is another nut I need to loosen to shorten the rod length, correct?
Old 02-22-13, 06:09 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pmiller
Yes, I took that off. But there is another nut I need to loosen to shorten the rod length, correct?
Ah, that I don't know... I'll have to investigate this weekend and I'll let you know.

From what it looks like - the first two pics (which looks like the front), you have to loosen that bolt and turn that piece counter (or) clockwise.

The last two pics look like you loosen the bolt and move it up or down.
Old 02-22-13, 06:30 AM
CJITTY

Yeah, this one seems like if you don't take your time, you can F some stuff up and have the car looking like it has rickets
Old 02-23-13, 05:53 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Yeah, this one seems like if you don't take your time, you can F some stuff up and have the car looking like it has rickets
+1 on that. If you have no idea of what youre doing of have no mechanical skills, please dont try to mess with this. As I stated before, a minor adjustment on this will cause a major adjustment on the suspension so if you choose to do it your self, take it in small incriment.

I looked into other things to make this easier and when I went to my bike guy, he reminded me about the lowering links I used on the Hayabusa before I got air rde. Its picture below. Its an actual turnbuckle that adjusts the height of the bike. Something like this would be great.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-13, 06:08 AM
pmiller
Driver

Originally Posted by 305Busa
+1 on that. If you have no idea of what youre doing of have no mechanical skills, please dont try to mess with this. As I stated before, a minor adjustment on this will cause a major adjustment on the suspension so if you choose to do it your self, take it in small incriment.

I looked into other things to make this easier and when I went to my bike guy, he reminded me about the lowering links I used on the Hayabusa before I got air rde. Its picture below. Its an actual turnbuckle that adjusts the height of the bike. Something like this would be great.
My understanding is that the Skipper links are like what you pictured...adjustable links. I think I understand how to do this. I have some mechanical knowledge/skills. Although, my education is in civil not mechanical engineering...one type is dynamic (mech) while the other is static (civil). The OEM links are adjustable, but just not easily done. Getting to the links is a lot harder than the pictures show. May try this today. We will see. Thanks for all the advice.
Old 02-23-13, 09:41 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Just an update to this:
You can visit my blog for a more instructional write up... but here's the good stuff. Keep in mind, this is only the rear for now - I didn't have time to do the front.
http://www.lifewithjson.com

The sensor on my passenger side rear.

I decided to just drop it all the way down and make my adjustments that way. It's easier to tell if it did something or not this way

After. I got about an inch or 3/4 of an inch more of a drop

The other side

I will tackle the fronts tomorrow and keep everyone posted.
Old 02-23-13, 10:47 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sick stuff man ^^^^
Old 02-24-13, 07:52 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes! Play around with it and see how it reacts. I'd like to hear some feedback on this.

Quick Reply: OEM Air Suspension ride height links below car..adjustable?