LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Opinions/options for air

Old 02-07-13, 11:08 AM
460LexHI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions/options for air

It comes down to the drawing board on which route is the best overall route/best bang for the buck set up. I'm currently on BC on the ground kit, but I hate the fact I only can drive my car "certain" places. Planing to go air soon but don't know what route to go... Can anyone give options or feedbacks what's their set up? Air runner>airrex>UAS etc. I've also heard there's a bag on coils called "exotic air" from SM any feedback on those?
Old 02-07-13, 11:20 AM
hecyen350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should go with Airrunner. I did some research and finally I chose Airrunner. Airrex everyone says No. Or you can go with UAS so you can still use your BC
Old 02-07-13, 11:43 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have the money, I'd say go for AR, buy if you're not looking to spend that much then you can do the UAS with the BC coils you already have, that's what I have on mine with E-level.
Old 02-07-13, 12:28 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^ I agree if you want to save money go UAS with your existing struts. You'll just have to spend money on fab work to make the UAS bags work. Airrunner for sure if you were to choose between them and airrex. the basic airrunner kit is only a few hundred more than the airrex kit. plus airrex isn't proven. As for the air over coils you mean cup kits. Only meant to be used to get over certain things like speed bumps then air down. not meant to be driven up on. it's about 1500 i think for the front setup.
Old 02-07-13, 12:28 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just do it right the first time and don't look back. Go with Air runner. Comfort level is superb.
Old 02-07-13, 06:29 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^Nat said all the right words and exactly how i felt when i bought my air runners. Here is a LS460 with the On the Ground Series kit from Air Runner i just seen in their 2013 sales catalog. I wonder whose car that is

Old 02-07-13, 09:24 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Haha, that's awesome^^^

I've always been interested in a cup kit, although I need to do some research on them...

With your situation it all comes down to what you want to do....
1) How low do you want to go?
2) When will you be low (parked only or slammed driving)?
3) How much time will you spend to maintain the suspension?
4) How fast do you want to change height?
5) When do you want to change your height?
Old 03-18-13, 12:58 PM
mlum808
Driver

Just to provide some info about AIRREX Perfomance Digital Wireless Systems. Becuase many have never heard of it or saw what AIRREX has to offer.

Airrex is a very high quality set up. It been proven with alot of happy customers around the world. AirRex actually manufactures there own bags as well as OEM spec bags. and has been in the rubber biz making OEM spec rubber products for many car manufactures and OEM replacement afteramrket parts from CV boots to motor mounts and o rings that are inside of the struts.

I know everyone compares the pricing between air runner and AirRex but if you look at what actually comes with the AIRREX kit it is not the same as Air Runner you get more for your money for less. If we were to pare up AIRREX witht he exact same parts as the basic air runner the AiRREX kit would come out way less than an AIR RUNNER basic kit. If you pare up an AIRREX Accuair set up it come out almost the same price as the airrex digital set up.

Many say Pressure based hieght management is not the best. The AIrREX pressure based management systems works really well as far as getting you to that preset height. WE have the best Perssure based system on the market right now.

We know we have a amazing product to offer as you can see that Accuair is a dealer of AIRREX and you can buy accuair and AIRREX all in one order. Auto fashion is also a dealer of AIRREX.
http://airrexsuspension.com/Dealers.aspx

Here is one the LS460 thats on AIRREX in North cal..

Both are good quality kits..

AirREX kits incude

1. High Perfomance Race proven Coil Over type Damper (Not OEM type damper)
2. 12 way adjustible dampening for the front and rear.
3. Full wireless digital managment system. (not an added option or added cost)
4. Standard digital guages (not an option and added cost or analog gauges)
5. Wireless controller and a wired USB controller (no need to make any holes in your dash to mount switches or guages) (not an alarm type wireless controller option that has no guage readings)
6. 3 presusre based presets (Not an option or added cost)
7. Managment is all pre assembled in the AMS case, for ease of installation. 6 to 7 hour install time! we can do installs in 4 hours Just power and ground wires and 4 hoses very simple install.
8. Option to purchase just the Suspension with no Management so you can use what ever management you want to use.

AirREX Wireless controller with Digital Guage readings, 3 pressure based presets, manual controls
Takes alot of labor from having to install paddle switches and guages. Just flip the switch and your ready to go!

You can follow alot of the AIRREX builds on the FACE BOOK page
https://www.facebook.com/AirRexAirSuspension

More info on the AIRREX site at www.airrexsuspension.com

Last edited by mlum808; 03-19-13 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-18-13, 11:16 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Why don't you break down what comes in that box... So in that box...what size tank..,3 gallon. What size compressor 380c. What size power cable? I don't think it's even 8 gauge. What size air lines? Yeah it all comes packaged but majority of that should be swapped out for better stuff. Also where has it been race proven? I dunno. I don't think I could place my reputation on it quite yet. I just think there's not enough long term data on their suspension parts

Last edited by lbintab; 03-18-13 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-18-13, 11:54 PM
mlum808
Driver

Originally Posted by lbintab
Why don't you break down what comes in that box... So in that box...what size tank..,3 gallon. What size compressor 380c. What size power cable? I don't think it's even 8 gauge. What size air lines? Yeah it all comes packaged but majority of that should be swapped out for better stuff. Also where has it been race proven? I dunno. I don't think I could place my reputation on it quite yet. I just think there's not enough long term data on their suspension parts
Sorry alot of info is found out the AIRREX USA website.. that why in posted the website link just in case anyone wanted more info. from what i posted
http://airrexsuspension.com/AirRex-Engineering.aspx

What do you mean better parts all parts used are standard parts everyone else uses in there systems. Accuair Air Runner UAS Airlift all use Viair comperssors.

Viair 380C compressor (same compressor that is used in many other systems) MADE IN CHINA
3 gallon tank stainless tank and leader hoses
1/4 inch lines.

It has been proven on the track with winning results. They also race an S2000 and we have been racing a FRS at SCCA with good results.

As far as being reliable we have tested these kits way before we introducted it to the USA. we have cars that been on airrex for three years and not one problem with it.

http://www.airsociety.net/2011/12/mi...ng-air-airrex/

Last edited by mlum808; 03-18-13 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-19-13, 12:38 AM
mlum808
Driver

You can also get it with out the AMS CASE.. Something we just relaased today