LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

no power 07 460 ls l

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-13, 04:44 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

sounds like something is wrong with your remote. If you can't lock or unlock the car with the remote and you can't start the car even with the remote held up against the start button then your car is not recognizing the remote.

Do you have another remote that you can try with? Is the car a CPO Lexus? If so call them and they will provide assistance including towing to a dealer.
Old 01-21-13, 04:46 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Good idea SBlexus. If that does not work then it reinforces that the car doesn't recognize the key fob.

This is the first time I have heard that a car does not recognize it's key FOB.
Old 01-21-13, 04:58 PM
nismax03
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only one remote. Is there way to reprogam remote?
Old 01-21-13, 05:04 PM
nismax03
Driver School Candidate

I have a plastic peace that come with remote and its got like battery in it or magnet. Whats that for?
Old 01-21-13, 06:29 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder if your car has the original keyfob that came from factory, married to your car. Seems like it could have not been programmed right, or it is just a keyfob from another LS if you bought your car from a dealer (they could have messed up). The car comes from factory with TWO keyfobs, and both of them have the detachable key for when you want to lock the glove box (and disable trunk opening) for valet parking drivers.

Your car should start normally if you have a good battery and they key fob is the correct one for your car. As mentioned here by others, if the key fob's battery is about to die, it can cause problems too. Give your Lexus dealer a call, they can probably tell you what's wrong.
Old 01-21-13, 06:48 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nismax03
I have a plastic peace that come with remote and its got like battery in it or magnet. Whats that for?
Is it flat like a credit card?
Old 01-21-13, 07:09 PM
nismax03
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
I wonder if your car has the original keyfob that came from factory, married to your car. Seems like it could have not been programmed right, or it is just a keyfob from another LS if you bought your car from a dealer (they could have messed up). The car comes from factory with TWO keyfobs, and both of them have the detachable key for when you want to lock the glove box (and disable trunk opening) for valet parking drivers.

Your car should start normally if you have a good battery and they key fob is the correct one for your car. As mentioned here by others, if the key fob's battery is about to die, it can cause problems too. Give your Lexus dealer a call, they can probably tell you what's wrong.
You are right about fob it lost power then forgot it. Keys that i have will not open doors...that tells me something. I am taking it to dealer tomorrow.

Thanks alot...you just gave me hope and i thank you for it.
Old 01-21-13, 07:10 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There is an optional Credit Card sized FOB you can carry in your wallet. Here ia a picture.

Also my 2009 manual has an emergency starting procedure. Perhaps yours is similar or the same.

SEE BELOW
Attached Thumbnails no power 07 460 ls l-8990450641pck-8990450641_we.jpg   no power 07 460 ls l-start.jpg  
Old 01-22-13, 04:25 AM
wchain
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys, see my post #12.

11.8 volts is hardly a "fully charged" battery. If you bought a brand new battery and its 11.8 volts, you're going to have issues starting a car with so many electronics.

My suggestion is to put the car on a battery charger and top it off to rule out a 11.8 volt battery.
Old 01-23-13, 07:57 AM
nismax03
Driver School Candidate

Dealer said its not fob. No power coming to start button. Can it be ecu?
Old 01-23-13, 10:05 AM
FLYCT

Dealer said its not fob. No power coming to start button. Can it be ecu?

Hum? I'm not sure that would explain the door open/close not responding when you push the fob buttons.

Did you have the car towed to the dealer or was their diagnosis a guess based on your description of the problem?

First you said it tried to start
Next you said no response when you tried to start it, not even a click
Then you replaced the battery
Then you tried to jump start it and then no power at all
Then the door locks were not responding to the remote
Then the mechanical key wont work the door locks.

This is getting confusing. If I were you at this point I'd have it towed to the dealer and let them sort it out.

One of my Lexus cars was jump started incorrectly in the showroom. The service history states
"ERRONEOUS JUMP START IN THE SHOWROOM. CAR WAS JUMP STARTED INCORRECTLY FOUND OPEN CIRCUITS IN ALTERNATOR ECTS, RADIO, INSTRUMENT PANEL AND TV. REPLACED OVERLOADED CIRCUITS WITH 15 AMP ECTS FISABLE LINK, 5 AMP T V FUSABLE LINK, 15 AMP RADIO FUSABLE LINK, 20 AMP INSTRUMENT PANEL LINK AND 140 AMP ALTERNATOR"

I hope you fair better than my dealer did.

Good luck.

JR
Old 01-23-13, 11:54 AM
wchain
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Yah hooking cables up backwards will pop your fusible links.
Old 01-23-13, 05:10 PM
nismax03
Driver School Candidate

Uts at toyotas dealer. No lexus dealer around here. Where would i find all this fuses ? Please
Old 01-23-13, 07:12 PM
nismax03
Driver School Candidate

Is fusible links located close to battery? How do i remove them please?
I am thinking that by accident might have touched jump cables together. I dont think i have but, but i am 100% sure i have not jumped it wrong way.

Last edited by nismax03; 01-23-13 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-23-13, 08:36 PM
FLYCT

Is fusible links located close to battery? How do i remove them please?
I am thinking that by accident might have touched jump cables together. I dont think i have but, but i am 100% sure i have not jumped it wrong way.

Check your owners manual. My 08 LS 460 manual shows 2 fuse boxes under the long plastic engine cover in front of the battery(passenger) side. Ask the Toyota shop to check them out for blown fuses.

To remove that cover you have to push the center of the pin clips in then they should be released and able to pry them out.

Most main fuses are in those boxes per my Manual. There are several different types of fuses.

JR

Quick Reply: no power 07 460 ls l