LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

which lowering springs for 08 LS460 rwd

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-13, 12:18 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which lowering springs for 08 LS460 rwd

has anyone lowered thier LS 460 with megan or any other lowering springs? if yes, what brand did you use. i am about to get the 20" lexani cvx-44 rims installed on my LS and i am going to want to drop it a little bit, just enough to rid away the tire gap of the wheel well area. i am not trying to slam the car by any means, i just want to get rid of some gap between the tire and fender. any suggustions on which springs would be the best to use so i can keep as close to the stock ride quality as possible? thanks for the help!
Old 01-20-13, 02:40 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Have you searched? Have you looked at any of the sticky threads?
Old 01-20-13, 02:49 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

^^ what cjitty said. But tanabe springs will get you what you need.
Old 01-20-13, 07:50 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

I searched, but I wanted some personal opinions on what will be the best springs to get that will keep the ride close to stock as possible. Like I said im looking to rid away of the tire gap only, and at the same time keep the ride as close to stock as possible
Old 01-20-13, 09:02 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by linus73
I searched, but I wanted some personal opinions on what will be the best springs to get that will keep the ride close to stock as possible. Like I said im looking to rid away of the tire gap only, and at the same time keep the ride as close to stock as possible
Yeah it's been discussed a numerous amount of times with the same exact question and concerns. Also with the same intent of getting rid of the gap. Do a Google search and CL posts will come up. No point starting a new thread.

My google search

Last edited by lbintab; 01-20-13 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-20-13, 10:12 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Uncle Jitty's master thread...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...fo-thread.html

**** load of other spring threads found through google...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...g-springs.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...oil-overs.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...for-ls460.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-ls-460-a.html

ALSO, I will be selling my used Tanabe springs when my coilovers around 2-3 weeks. PM if interested.
Old 01-21-13, 04:33 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by adamls2
Uncle Jitty's master thread...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...fo-thread.html

**** load of other spring threads found through google...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...g-springs.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...oil-overs.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...for-ls460.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-ls-460-a.html

ALSO, I will be selling my used Tanabe springs when my coilovers around 2-3 weeks. PM if interested.
Thanks Adam. Folks..I feel like a broken record when it comes to searching. My threads intentionally have key words in them to ensure people who are really searching will find the info. They just have to read through the material. I wish the mods would police the forums a little more to shut down all these extra threads asking repeated questions.

For the newbs or perhaps maybe the lazy folks out there..by simply putting "clublexus.com" "LS460" and "(topic)" in a Google search..you are 100% guaranteed to get plenty of hits all from this forum to read through..the key is READ THROUGH all the posts. I remember not too long ago..I had to go to the library to do research..some of us these days clearly have no patience and need answers now and not put in any work..general statement..if anyone is offended..I must be talking about you lol

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-21-13 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-21-13, 04:48 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by linus73

Now if you didnt hit any of my threads on this..you didnt search..no way to avoid it..trust me..I tested it..cmon son

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-21-13 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-21-13, 09:53 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

well i read them now LOL...thanks..so let me get this straight..if i use the tanabe springs ill have to use the 2mm brackets as well? i was just planning on installing the lowering spings and that was all. will i need to install extra parts, or is that what you did to keep from wearing the tires faster? is it absolutely necessary to use the 2mm brackets. maby coilovers is the better way to go? i dont know. i just want to loose some tire gap after i install the new 20" lexani cvx-44 wheels. shhhhh if the tire gap is less with the new rims, then ill leave it alone and ride on stock springs, but i gotta felling the OCD will kick in after a while....lol
Old 01-21-13, 10:59 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

If you lower it any amount you're going to have abnormal tire wear regardless if it's coil overs or springs. I didn't install the brackets. Tire wear is ok. The rear I have inner wear but there's no fix for that.
Old 01-22-13, 04:16 AM
CJITTY

When you go from an 18 to 20 or 19 to 22..your overall height should remain as close to factory specs as possible..that is called "plus sizing"..it is ok to be off a little but your overall wheel gap wont change too much by going bigger..often times the illusion is more with a lower profile tire..ask anyone who has put low pros on a stock Accord..trust me..been there..done that. The brackets help with about 15 % more positive camber..they are designed for oem spring setups anyway if the car reads a little too far in neg camber. But with lowering springs..there is nothing "affordable to most" to correct camber on an LS after dropping it..Japan has a set of control arms for about $10k iirc...f dat
Old 04-11-13, 05:45 AM
20GS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is my experience:
6 months ago I installed the Tanabe springs and OE brackets on the car at the same time as installing a brand new set of 22" wheels/tires. Two months after installing the springs, I had the car realigned to hopefully compensate for any coil spring settling. Fast forward to now (11k miles on car since install), two front tires are completely bald on the inside shoulder. Rear tires are worn fairly even across the board.
In my opinion, the Tanabe springs give the car a conservative drop on the rear but an aggressive drop on the front (tucking tire in fender well but no where near tucking the rear tire).
All this week I have been doing research/talking to people in regards to options I have. I am considering installing a set of coilovers which will fix the front height problem (raise it up slightly) but I am being told by alot of people that the coil over kits will ride even more firm than the Tanabe springs due to the spring rates.
In a perfect world, I am looking for a mild drop front and rear (1"-1.5" max) and still maintain a good ride and decent tire wear.
Does anyone have any experience with a brand coilovers in which they still maintain a spring rate that would ride no worse than Tanabe springs?
If not, at this point I am considering installing my OE springs back on the car. Even worse, I have considered cutting a small amount off the front OE coil spring and install them that way. Believe me, that is something I would have never thought I would even be considering but I am running out of options to achieve what I am looking for. Any suggestions or details from experience would be appreciated at this point.
Old 04-11-13, 06:25 AM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would contact circuitms (vendor) and ask them if they have an option to decrease the spring rates of the BC Racing coilovers. I know they offer stiffer spring rates free of charge, maybe they offer softer spring rates.
Old 04-11-13, 04:00 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

i have yet to notice any inner tire wear, i have the tanabe springs installed. had the dealer do it and align it afterwords. i love the ride. i have 20" though. and i do agree that the front has a more aggressive drop than the rear, but overall im happy.
Old 04-12-13, 12:34 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

My suggestions would ALWAYS be coil overs if you can got that route

Quick Reply: which lowering springs for 08 LS460 rwd