LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Automatic on/off Light Switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-13, 11:05 AM
Doubleg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic on/off Light Switch

Im having problems with my lights not turning off in the evening hours after the lights have been on and I have just turned the car off. I have waited for long period of time and sometimes have to go inside the car and manually turn them off. Has this been a problem?
Old 01-10-13, 11:25 AM
wchain
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Door switch.
Old 01-10-13, 12:05 PM
jmcraney

Received 255 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Doubleg
Im having problems with my lights not turning off in the evening hours after the lights have been on and I have just turned the car off. I have waited for long period of time and sometimes have to go inside the car and manually turn them off. Has this been a problem?
Check these links:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ery-drain.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...rning-off.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...rning-off.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-wont-set.html
Old 01-11-13, 09:34 PM
Doubleg
Driver

Sorry...... Headlights not turning off
Old 01-12-13, 05:07 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Doubleg
Sorry...... Headlights not turning off
Yep. I know i sounds wrong but when you experience the Headlights not turning off it is usually the driver door switch being intermittent.

I had exactly the same thing. I'd put the car in the garage and 30 minutes later I'd go back in the garage to find the headlights never turned off when the headlight switch was set to automatic.

The timer that turns the headlights off is triggered by the door pin switch on the door post. If its intermittent,, occasionally the 30 second headlight off timer never starts and your HEADLIGHTS stay on forever until your battery is drained.

Being intermittent, it's hard to catch. Open your driver door and watch the curtesy light at the bottom of the door. It should come on smartly, without delay, every time you open the door. I bet occasionally you will see that light either not come on or be delayed when it comes on.

It's an inexpensive and easy part to replace.

JR
Old 01-12-13, 09:30 AM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
Yep. I know i sounds wrong but when you experience the Headlights not turning off it is usually the driver door switch being intermittent.

I had exactly the same thing. I'd put the car in the garage and 30 minutes later I'd go back in the garage to find the headlights never turned off when the headlight switch was set to automatic.

The timer that turns the headlights off is triggered by the door pin switch on the door post. If its intermittent,, occasionally the 30 second headlight off timer never starts and your HEADLIGHTS stay on forever until your battery is drained.

Being intermittent, it's hard to catch. Open your driver door and watch the curtesy light at the bottom of the door. It should come on smartly, without delay, every time you open the door. I bet occasionally you will see that light either not come on or be delayed when it comes on.

It's an inexpensive and easy part to replace.

JR
Excellent post! Directly on topic, experience-based, no conjecture, clear technical explanation of problem, simple and free procedure offered to test for problem, and a clear estimate of time and money to repair given. This is my template for the perfect post on a car problem. Nice job!
Old 01-14-13, 04:32 AM
Doubleg
Driver

Thank you.... Will take in to dealer since I have the extended warranty, and have them replace the switches.......