LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Trying to remove Data Controller, going back to stock

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-12, 11:02 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to remove Data Controller, going back to stock

I have an 07 LS 460L with R-Spec data controller installed. I want to remove the data controller and go back to stock. I removed the data controller and the rear stays super low and tucked and the front stays raised like 3 fingers above the tire. So i reinstalled the data controller for now. I was wondering is there a way to reset the stock ride height after removing the data controller? Any help please. Thanks everyone.
Old 12-14-12, 09:48 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

When you took out the controller, what setting was it on. I have always wondered about this. If it was me, I would put the controller on normal select mode..then let the car settle back to normal height. Then remove the controller. I would try putting the car to height high mode..drive around for a while then turn off height high..let it settle back in and.see if that worlks. We posted that in the Air Suspension thread and it worked for a couple folks that still had the controller.
Old 12-14-12, 07:12 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Why want to remove the controller?
Old 12-22-12, 06:53 AM
phenomeno
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
When you took out the controller, what setting was it on. I have always wondered about this. If it was me, I would put the controller on normal select mode..then let the car settle back to normal height. Then remove the controller. I would try putting the car to height high mode..drive around for a while then turn off height high..let it settle back in and.see if that worlks. We posted that in the Air Suspension thread and it worked for a couple folks that still had the controller.
Thanks Cjitty, ill try it. Should I try normal select up arrow or normal select down arrow? The first time I removed it I didn't do the normal select mode and just pulled the controller out with whatever setting it was on. Ill try it afyer the holidays.
Old 12-24-12, 06:41 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by phenomeno
Thanks Cjitty, ill try it. Should I try normal select up arrow or normal select down arrow? The first time I removed it I didn't do the normal select mode and just pulled the controller out with whatever setting it was on. Ill try it afyer the holidays.
Let's say you are at memory 2 position. .. just use up arrow until it displays "normal select" and leave it alone. I never notice the up and down arrows on normal select but when I put the display in height level mode to get the bar graph display, I will look at the display while going over 60mph and bars begin to extend to the sides indicating the car is lowering itself as normal when at highway speeds.