I know it's a bit off topic but here's a quick comparison/ impressions after driving the 2013 ES350 loaner while my 08 LS460 was in service to upgrade the Nav & have the spark plugs replaced (all free of charge
Let me start by saying I missed my LS while driving the ES.
Having said that, the 2013 ES is still pretty impressive for an entry level Lexus sedan in many respects.
Pretty feature packed.
ES features (off the top of my head)
- the coolest is probably the new blind spot notification in the rear view mirrors. something my 08 LS flagship did not have at that time
- Leather wrapped dash!!! really? in an entry level car? I was very pleasantly surprised! & jealous that my flagship LS does not have it (I know, I know...get the 600 :P)
- just like my LS it had heated seats & steering wheel, park assist, Nav, touch door unlock, back up camera
Features I missed from my LS:
- Hold feature
- soft door closers
- cabin comfort & ride comfort & quitness
- Mark Levinson Reference System sound
The ES is much smaller and you feel a bit cramped inside (even though I'm a small guy, 5"7", 155lbs)
It looks much less imposing & sharp outside even tough it is 5 years newer then my LS
The ES had more road & tire noise obviously and the suspension is rougher but I really liked the cornering in it.
Materials used inside are much cheaper and the doors design is just lame.
I liked the new mouse control on the Nav but I think the Nav screen placement sucks. Too far from the eyes of the driver.
At first I thought the mouse control was tacky but I soon realized it's comfortable and very accessible to maneuver the Nav while resting your hand down next to the gear shift ****. Pretty good design.
Still think the Nav screen is too far tough and because it's recessed inside the dash if you sit too low in your seat part of the screen gets obstructed by the dash surround. So def bad screen placement.
Overall a nice feature packed ride but if you are picky like me it will not do it for you after being used to driving the LS.