LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I'm really disappointed and I want the world to know it...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 06:51 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Daily my ML system "wows" me!

today i put 800 miles on the car, and watched 5 DVD's and the sound was like my own personal IMAX!
Old 03-18-14, 07:33 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I had ML is a '08 GS and '12 ES UL pkg and wasn't impressed with the sound quality.
My GS has the standard system and to me is very close to the ML systems systems I've had unless you play a DVD A disk...
Best oem system I've ever heard is the B&O in my son in law's '13 S8.
You can't compare those cars with the ML in the LS. The ML in the LS is much better, well at least the pre 2010 LS460's.
Old 03-18-14, 08:10 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
You can't compare those cars with the ML in the LS. The ML in the LS is much better.
Uh...yeah..... NO COMPARISON.

Originally Posted by peteybabes
Daily my ML system "wows" me!

today i put 800 miles on the car, and watched 5 DVD's and the sound was like my own personal IMAX!
Ditto Peteybabes.....ditto. Unbelievable. It brings a smile to everyone that gets a ride in my car. That look of, "are you kidding me?"

As much as I thought my BMW 7's Harmon Kardon system was great....this one just annihilates it.

Last edited by roadfrog; 03-18-14 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-19-14, 04:14 AM
harleybob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to wait four months because I ordered my car with the ML. And yes I have listened to both with the same cd. Yes it will be worth the wait.
Old 03-19-14, 12:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I had ML is a '08 GS and '12 ES UL pkg and wasn't impressed with the sound quality.
My GS has the standard system and to me is very close to the ML systems systems I've had unless you play a DVD A disk...
Best oem system I've ever heard is the B&O in my son in law's '13 S8.
you can't compare the ML system in those cars to the LS or LX. the LS and LX have the reference systems and the performance is far superior than that in those cars. fwiw i think the ml in the 3gs is a good waste of money. it doesn't really sound any better than the stock premium and i was extremely disappointed. if anything, the plus with ml is the dvd video playback.

and yes, 07-09 ml reference system imho sounds better than the 2010+. louder, clearer, stronger, and deeper base. i don't know what happened to 2010+ ml reference system in the LS, but it's definitely weaker. i was wondering if they improved it in the 2013, but nop, same.

i wonder though, most of the blown amp issues we see, are they mostly in 07-09 cars? just my conspiracy theory, but i wonder if the amp that makes the sound better in 07-09, it's not strong enough and thus easier to blow, promptly lexus and ml to back off on the performance in 2010+?

also another note. back in 07 the ml reference system in the ls was insane, it topped almost all reviews. but fast forward 7 years, while still very good, the ml system in the LS today isn't the king anymore imho. as pointed out in few other posts, premium upgraded system in some other cars today have quite impressive systems
Old 03-19-14, 12:06 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You can't compare those cars with the ML in the LS. The ML in the LS is much better, well at least the pre 2010 LS460's.
Originally Posted by rominl
you can't compare the ML system in those cars to the LS or LX. the LS and LX have the reference systems and the performance is far superior than that in those cars. fwiw i think the ml in the 3gs is a good waste of money. it doesn't really sound any better than the stock premium and i was extremely disappointed. if anything, the plus with ml is the dvd video playback.

and yes, 07-09 ml reference system imho sounds better than the 2010+. louder, clearer, stronger, and deeper base. i don't know what happened to 2010+ ml reference system in the LS, but it's definitely weaker. i was wondering if they improved it in the 2013, but nop, same.

i wonder though, most of the blown amp issues we see, are they mostly in 07-09 cars? just my conspiracy theory, but i wonder if the amp that makes the sound better in 07-09, it's not strong enough and thus easier to blow, promptly lexus and ml to back off on the performance in 2010+?

also another note. back in 07 the ml reference system in the ls was insane, it topped almost all reviews. but fast forward 7 years, while still very good, the ml system in the LS today isn't the king anymore imho. as pointed out in few other posts, premium upgraded system in some other cars today have quite impressive systems

I've heard ML in a '08 LS and it is much better....
Old 03-19-14, 12:32 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl

On that note, the ML in my 2008 LS sounds fantastic. However, the ML on my wife's 2010 RX450h stinks in comparison. We paid quite of bit of extra cash to get the ML on the RX, but it has been quite disappointing.

My new S550 has not yet arrived at the dealer, but when I test drove the demo in Kansas City, the standard Burmester audio was terrific.
Old 03-19-14, 12:43 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
...My new S550 has not yet arrived at the dealer, but when I test drove the demo in Kansas City, the standard Burmester audio was terrific...
you and your S550 have stirred up a lot of discussion on this website, and i have been looking into them more myself, lol. At this point i have sat in a sold one, and hope to drive a new one this weekend.

can't wait to see the pix you post.
Old 03-19-14, 02:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

On that note, the ML in my 2008 LS sounds fantastic. However, the ML on my wife's 2010 RX450h stinks in comparison. We paid quite of bit of extra cash to get the ML on the RX, but it has been quite disappointing.

My new S550 has not yet arrived at the dealer, but when I test drove the demo in Kansas City, the standard Burmester audio was terrific.
you and your S550 have stirred up a lot of discussion on this website, and i have been looking into them more myself, lol. At this point i have sat in a sold one, and hope to drive a new one this weekend.

lol see why i forbid myself from visiting the mb dealership?

but yes, to be very honest, among the current lexus lineup, LS and LX are the only two cars i consider the ml audio, i can actually hear the difference and the ml is noticeably nicer. on all the other cars, ml system isn't all that more impressive than stock premium setup, and i think the premium system already performs pretty well.

this even goes as far as the lfa, seriously i was not very impressed. but then again with that car, the audio system should be off most of the time anyway
Old 03-19-14, 03:38 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

I just received some good news. My new S550 has been released to transport. So, it could be on the truck from Baltimore to KC tomorrow. I will definitely post some photos after I drive it home.
Old 03-19-14, 04:13 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I just received some good news. My new S550 has been released to transport. So, it could be on the truck from Baltimore to KC tomorrow. I will definitely post some photos after I drive it home.
I'm sure the folks at MBforums will be so excited. Be sure to post in Car Chat lol
Old 03-19-14, 06:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

If you need someone to drive it to KC from Baltimore for ya, just let me know LOL
Old 03-19-14, 06:11 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW13GS
If you need someone to drive it to KC from Baltimore for ya, just let me know LOL
LOL. Actually, you won't have to drive it much. It can drive itself for the most part.
Old 03-19-14, 06:11 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

We have had the ML in our 08 GX and now our 12 GX and have the same impression, it stinks in comparison.

A good friend of mine is a GSM at a local MB dealer so I may have to pay him a visit to check out the new S class. I can't wait until you get yours to hear your impressions, it will be incredible.
Old 03-19-14, 06:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

We have had the ML in our 08 GX and now our 12 GX and have the same impression, it stinks in comparison.

A good friend of mine is a GSM at a local MB dealer so I may have to pay him a visit to check out the new S class. I can't wait until you get yours to hear your impressions, it will be incredible.
yes, i am nowhere impressed with the ml in our 08 gx at all

Quick Reply: I'm really disappointed and I want the world to know it...