LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

PCS warning after changing the front headlamps on LS 460 to LS 600h's

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-12, 03:36 AM
temtrade
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PCS warning after changing the front headlamps on LS 460 to LS 600h's

Hey everyone!
I have a Lexus LS 460 , 2007, full (with radar, advanced PCS , LKA, e.t.c.), european model.
I have changed the orginal front headlamps for LS 600h's headlamps (from the most basic LS600, 2008 year model).
The new headlamps look and work great, but...
when I turn on the lights - the PCS warning comes out saying that I have to check the PCS system.
Did anyone change the front headlamps and had the same problem? Is it possible to do something?
Electrician who changed the headlamps for me sais that it has to do something with the PCS block...
Thanks in advance to everyone.

ps: If I unplug the PCS block (at the trunk side) - there is no PCS warning, but radar, LKA does not work in that case
Old 10-22-12, 05:59 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

DId you get the right version of the 600 headlights? There are two versions of the headlights, one without PCS system and one with PCS because there are sensors in the headlights for the system to perform certain functions. Not all 600s have the PCS. Some like mine have radar cruise, but not the actual PCS system.

The 600 LED headlight without PCS system is $2,799 each and the headlight with the PCS sensors is $4,007 each

This link will show you the actual part numbers http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...w=31&maxRow=10
Attached Thumbnails PCS warning after changing the front headlamps on LS 460 to LS 600h's-600leds.jpg  

Last edited by CJITTY; 10-22-12 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-22-12, 07:45 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LKA only came to the LS Hybrid after the MMC facelift (so model years 2009, 2010 and onwards).
Old 10-22-12, 08:16 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

interesting thread. have you considered heading to the dealership and having them reset the PCS?
Old 10-22-12, 11:00 PM
temtrade
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone. Thank you for your response.
CJITTY, I ve got the version of headlamps without PCS system... unfortunately I just didn't know about that issue when I bought it
brianlin87, yes we have tried to reset it, but no success...
Currently I am driving with unpluged PCS block. No warning. But I am not sure if it is safe driving like that.
Old 10-23-12, 02:48 AM
temtrade
Driver School Candidate

there should be some solution by reprogramming the PCS block...
does anyone know about that?
Old 10-23-12, 03:15 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by temtrade
Hey everyone. Thank you for your response.
CJITTY, I ve got the version of headlamps without PCS system... unfortunately I just didn't know about that issue when I bought it
brianlin87, yes we have tried to reset it, but no success...
Currently I am driving with unpluged PCS block. No warning. But I am not sure if it is safe driving like that.
Well, there ya go. If the system is looking for the PCS headlight sensors to check in, but there are no sensors so you will not get rid of the error and I am guessing your system may not work as intended, if it all. I believe those sensors are a vital component. Your old headlights have the sensors. Unfortunately I think you may have made a huge mistake because you have cool headlights now but your PCS system is now a paper weight. you might be stuck with the wrong version of headlights. I think your only option is to put in your old headlights, make sure the error goes away..then order the correct version for $4000 each (new) and reinstall...good luck! I feel bad for ya man..that was a costly gamble my friend. On the bright side, if you sell the 600 lights you have now at a fair price, somebody will scoop them up..you may lose some $$ but it may not be a total loss, especially if you can return them!
Old 10-23-12, 08:52 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

maybe this is a dumb question, but is it possible to transfer the PCS from the OEM headlight to your LS600 headlight?
Old 10-24-12, 04:02 AM
temtrade
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Well, there ya go. If the system is looking for the PCS headlight sensors to check in, but there are no sensors so you will not get rid of the error and I am guessing your system may not work as intended, if it all. I believe those sensors are a vital component. Your old headlights have the sensors. Unfortunately I think you may have made a huge mistake because you have cool headlights now but your PCS system is now a paper weight. you might be stuck with the wrong version of headlights. I think your only option is to put in your old headlights, make sure the error goes away..then order the correct version for $4000 each (new) and reinstall...good luck! I feel bad for ya man..that was a costly gamble my friend. On the bright side, if you sell the 600 lights you have now at a fair price, somebody will scoop them up..you may lose some $$ but it may not be a total loss, especially if you can return them!
))) I ' ve got only one orginial LS 460 headlight left , the other one was broken in a small accident))
getting a new one will cost me almost 3000 usd with a delivery (i'am from kazakhstan).
I really don't want to get back to orginial LS 460 headlights. I
At the same time - don't want to buy the new LS 600 headlights with PCS.
It really is a dilemma...
Old 10-24-12, 04:05 AM
temtrade
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brianlin87
maybe this is a dumb question, but is it possible to transfer the PCS from the OEM headlight to your LS600 headlight?
I am ready to try that, but if only someone could share the experience of such transfer with me...
It would something like upgrading my headlights.

Reprogamming the PCS block might not help I think, but still I believe that there might be some solution.
Old 10-24-12, 04:39 AM
CJITTY

This just sucks!!! I know you must be just sick to your stomach right now. Those sensors are embedded in the housing and I'm sure that retrofitting those would be a beast!..But, if they don't require the reflectivity of the housing, maybe you could retrofit the sensors in the front or lower grill somehow. I'm guessing the sensors have a pos and neg lead and maybe with some electrical wiring skills you can get the sensors to see the system. But, you only have one oem light ..arrrgghh. other than that, all I can think is you need to sell those 600 lights and take a hit for the correct housings or roll with the error and loss of the PCS system..which really sux
Old 10-25-15, 04:38 PM
jaani007
Driver School Candidate

Default Help needed

Originally Posted by temtrade
Hey everyone!
I have a Lexus LS 460 , 2007, full (with radar, advanced PCS , LKA, e.t.c.), european model.
I have changed the orginal front headlamps for LS 600h's headlamps (from the most basic LS600, 2008 year model).
The new headlamps look and work great, but...
when I turn on the lights - the PCS warning comes out saying that I have to check the PCS system.
Did anyone change the front headlamps and had the same problem? Is it possible to do something?
Electrician who changed the headlamps for me sais that it has to do something with the PCS block...
Thanks in advance to everyone.

ps: If I unplug the PCS block (at the trunk side) - there is no PCS warning, but radar, LKA does not work in that case

Can you tell me where exactly is this pcs block located so i can just get rid of this error
Old 10-27-15, 06:48 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Another move is to sell the old 460 light you have left and the 600 lamps. Then go hunting for the 600 PCS lamps. It will work out. Be patient and look at a lot of options. Try some salvage yards. 2009 is old now. You can probably walk into a good deal on the PCS led lamps.