LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013 LS460: When do they hit the showrooms?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-12, 02:40 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts
Default 2013 LS460: When do they hit the showrooms?

When does the 2013 LS460 hit the dealer showrooms?
Old 09-27-12, 02:59 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

sometime in NOV. don't know the exact date. going to Lexus tomorrow,,, so i'll see if they know. (probably not)
Old 09-27-12, 03:11 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to my sales guy at the local dealership...... late October.
Old 09-27-12, 09:26 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daryll40
When does the 2013 LS460 hit the dealer showrooms?
My local dealer will have the 2013 LS in the showroom for their annual customer party. Unfortunately, I will be out of town for much of October. Therefore, I will have to test drive the LS460 and 460L AWD in early November to see which one I will be ordering.

But, I'll tell you what. I test drove the GS450h and that is one fantastic car. It's a shame that it does not come in AWD. I vowed that my next car in this climate will have to be AWD.
Old 10-19-12, 08:55 PM
SDkath
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
My local dealer will have the 2013 LS in the showroom for their annual customer party. Unfortunately, I will be out of town for much of October. Therefore, I will have to test drive the LS460 and 460L AWD in early November to see which one I will be ordering.

But, I'll tell you what. I test drove the GS450h and that is one fantastic car. It's a shame that it does not come in AWD. I vowed that my next car in this climate will have to be AWD.
I test drove one today at a local dealer. They seem to be arriving everywhere in CA and AZ this week.
Old 10-20-12, 07:17 AM
Patric
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two days ago for my dealer here in WA. They have one 460L for sale and there were two factory 460 SWB cars with company employees making the rounds of state dealers for training purposes.

Lots of subtle changes with the instrument panel and grill being the most obvious.
Old 10-20-12, 08:53 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

My dealer Henessey ATL just got one in on Thursday & are gettin more in next week.
Old 10-27-12, 12:01 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New LS460 is in the showroom now...

We received our first 2013 LS460 last Wednesday. The first one has the Shimamoku wood steering wheel, Mark Levinson, 19" graphite polished wheels, semi aniline leather and alcantara head liner. It has an MSRP around $82,000.

There are quite a few variations possible depending on your region's preferences. Here in the East we get all wheel drive mostly. This car will be very stable in the freezing rain that we get in the Winter.

I went for a few drives with the staff this morning and with the conventional suspension the new LS kept its composure in the corners. Everyone liked the beauty of the Shimamoku steering wheel when the sunlight reflected off the layers like the retina in a cat's green eyes.

One of the cool things to try is the clock setting in general setup. When you turn off daylight savings time the minutes hand does a quick lap around the dial and abruptly stops at the new time. Another crowd pleaser is the temperature display that rolls the numbers like a retro digital clock...
Old 10-27-12, 12:05 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Did they finally have make it so you can see which tire is connected to with digital number? Is the Nav finally as friendly as TOMTOM? And does it really know when Daylight Savings Time is? I love my 2009, but these are a few nitpicks.
Old 10-27-12, 12:26 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default Tire position check...

You can tell which tire by a little overview of the car and the pressure readout next to each position including the spare.

I have only used one Tom Tom which was not bad except if you wanted some special features it required a bit of hunting through the menu. The Lexus navigation system has a lot of new voice commands which can be used while moving to access a live operator to download your destination while you just concentrate on driving. If you take a test drive push the talk switch on the right side of the steering wheel and say "Destination" then follow that with "call destination assist. Every time you use this feature you are creating American jobs....

Not every part of the country observes daylight savings time and it will vary what date the change takes place so you just need to touch the menu button, select setup with the controller, general and time is the first setting. If you were to drive between time zones it does advance or retard the time the same way by a lap around the dial automatically.

There are over 3,000 changes in the new design and you shouldn't have to drive far to notice the difference....
Old 10-27-12, 12:41 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Good answer. Thank you. I am sure that my next car will be that, but I'm not quite ready yet.
Old 10-27-12, 04:00 PM
vasy
Driver School Candidate

Rockville, I have a question about 2013's power door closers. In 2012 LS460, the door closers is an option included in Comfort Package. But in 2013, the Comfort Package does not include this feature. I checked on Lexus.com, rear door closers are part of the Executive-class Seating package. I couldn't find anything about front door closers. Is it standard for LS 460, or is it part of some package that I didn't see? I'd like to know how I can order an LS 460 short wheel-base that has front door closers without getting the executive-class seating. Couldn't find this info on Lexus.com.

I'm also disappointed that you have to get LS 460L or the hybrid to get advanced pre-collision system. This is a safety feature but Lexus only puts it on higher-priced models.
Old 10-28-12, 08:26 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

first one is already on ebay for $80K!
Old 11-02-12, 10:27 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default Auto door closer and intuitive park assist in standard equipment...

Originally Posted by vasy
Rockville, I have a question about 2013's power door closers. In 2012 LS460, the door closers is an option included in Comfort Package. But in 2013, the Comfort Package does not include this feature. I checked on Lexus.com, rear door closers are part of the Executive-class Seating package. I couldn't find anything about front door closers. Is it standard for LS 460, or is it part of some package that I didn't see? I'd like to know how I can order an LS 460 short wheel-base that has front door closers without getting the executive-class seating. Couldn't find this info on Lexus.com.

I'm also disappointed that you have to get LS 460L or the hybrid to get advanced pre-collision system. This is a safety feature but Lexus only puts it on higher-priced models.
The Auto door closers are listed in standard equipment on our first AWD standard wheelbase.

The advanced per collision is pretty cool and it will intervene if it detects something in your path like a pedestrian if you are traveling at 25 MPH or less. We found it still worked slightly above 30 MPH. It also utilizes a driver attention monitor. We have this feature on a 2013 GS450h but I haven't found a good way to demo or test it other than a scan tool.

I was alerted by Toyota this morning that the new analog clock will not automatically reset when crossing time zones so I was wrong in my interpretation of this feature. Mea Culpa...

Rock
Old 11-04-12, 10:06 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Here is our black on black 2013 LSL with the stylish LED headlamps. This thing is so beautiful
Attached Thumbnails 2013 LS460: When do they hit the showrooms?-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2013 LS460: When do they hit the showrooms?