LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread

Old 12-27-12, 08:02 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys, so I just installed the controller and I have a question...

When going into super low mode, all corners lower except the passenger front? I watch the unit and wait until all corners stop blinking and that's the only corner that doesn't move.

Any suggestions? I'm doing it in my garage which may have a bit of uneven pavement, but that shouldn't change whether it lowers or not should it?
Old 12-27-12, 09:48 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Hey guys, so I just installed the controller and I have a question...

When going into super low mode, all corners lower except the passenger front? I watch the unit and wait until all corners stop blinking and that's the only corner that doesn't move.

Any suggestions? I'm doing it in my garage which may have a bit of uneven pavement, but that shouldn't change whether it lowers or not should it?
I have had issues using controller on uneven surfaces. Put the controller on normal select mode on an even surface..wait..then push height high button..wait until its done..walk around car and using fingers determine if the corners are even..should be about 4/5 finger gap front and 3/4 finger gap rear in height high mode. Push height high bitton to allow car back to normal height..then go super low on controller. Height high button always seems to do the trick for me to reset system. If it still doesnt work..then maybe the link bracket below car on control arm needs adjustment so the system knows it is supposed to go lower. If it doesnt go up or down..could be an issue with that strut in general

Last edited by CJITTY; 12-27-12 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-27-12, 10:07 PM
CJITTY

Was on a road trip today and noticed something. Even though I had my controller set for level 2 front and 1 rear..the car still lowered even more at 65mph. I put the controller screen on the bar graph screen and it looked like the car dropped down to about the 3 or 4 level based on the length of the bars. I think this was discussed in another thread but I guess from now on I will set the car to normal select if I will be doing sustained highway driving since it will force lower regardless.

I will do some more testing to see if the controller is set at level 4/3 and then hit 65mph..will it go even lower than if I was at the normal level before 65mph. Just when I think I understand the controller. .I learn something new. I wish someone would literally translate the entire manual word for word lol # perfect world

Last edited by CJITTY; 12-27-12 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-28-12, 06:05 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I have had issues using controller on uneven surfaces. Put the controller on normal select mode on an even surface..wait..then push height high button..wait until its done..walk around car and using fingers determine if the corners are even..should be about 4/5 finger gap front and 3/4 finger gap rear in height high mode. Push height high bitton to allow car back to normal height..then go super low on controller. Height high button always seems to do the trick for me to reset system. If it still doesnt work..then maybe the link bracket below car on control arm needs adjustment so the system knows it is supposed to go lower. If it doesnt go up or down..could be an issue with that strut in general
Alright thanks! I'll give that a try... Hoping it works!
If it was an issue with the strut, I'd hope that it would tell me it needs to be checked.
Old 01-28-13, 10:56 AM
CJITTY

Was outside messing with the data controller...thought I would show what Height High vs Super Low Mode would look like...
Attached Thumbnails DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread-img_20130126_191014-1-.jpg  
Old 02-17-13, 09:42 PM
SiMpLyMoD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys I have a M45S on UAS suspension and I'm looking for a 460L optioned out and was wondering if in the SuperLow mode is the car still drivable? This is my controller on my setup on the M has anyone thought about wiring this into the car?

Switch and Guages on iPhone/iPad
Name:  E1DCF9B0-CA13-4F28-85DD-2AC1CEE016A2-1716-000000BD9649C6CA.jpg
Views: 17131
Size:  111.8 KB

With Option tabs displayed
Name:  3F4AD903-6C1D-4AFD-9372-FE3EFEEEF395-1716-000000BDAB11CA2B.jpg
Views: 17000
Size:  118.7 KB

Ride height presets
Name:  D98267B4-47AF-47D0-A19B-04FC265952E8-1716-000000BDAB6D41D2.jpg
Views: 17066
Size:  88.1 KB

Guages Only
Name:  FCD0CBB0-2339-436A-8B47-25BA31FA5419-1716-000000BDABFC107F.jpg
Views: 17113
Size:  90.2 KB

Switches Only
Name:  F7C6B9EF-3142-47E7-BCEE-4FBE4B1F7902-1716-000000BF83F55C24.jpg
Views: 17011
Size:  121.8 KB

It's all wireless and cost a lot less then these data controllers I have see. Works up to 50ft out. This paired with remote start would be ideal.

T
Old 02-18-13, 06:27 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the lowest the controller will go while being drivable? Anyone on 22's have a picture by chance?
Old 02-18-13, 10:42 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
What is the lowest the controller will go while being drivable? Anyone on 22's have a picture by chance?
Cheez80 drove on level 6 all around..all the time lol. Not sure how his suspension held up prior to him selling his 600 doing that..I personally will not drive the car that low..ride quality drops significantly IMO at around 5. The max I have done driving around is 5 front and 4 rear. I typically drive at 3 front, 2 rear. When I go on road trips I set it to normal select since the car lowers down to about 3 or 4 anyway at around 65mph sustained for a few mins by OEM design, not something the controller is doing.
Old 02-18-13, 11:36 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Would you happen to have any pictures?

Another question: do the skipper links allow it to be lower and what is actually preventing the car from being drivable at that height?
Old 02-18-13, 02:39 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
Would you happen to have any pictures?

Another question: do the skipper links allow it to be lower and what is actually preventing the car from being drivable at that height?
Please look at the wheel/tire research thread, the link is in my signature below. Cheez's pictures are there. He had a Green 600hL with 22s..that thread also shows the type of drop each car has.

The struts are simply not designed to ride that low..over time they will fail or become less comfortable. I think on the 460 non AWD models, the tires are touching either the inner control arms or perhaps the top of the fender liner..I have seen some posts where folks say it won't roll..or if you do, you will F some stuff up, especially on Super L mode...not a good idea on OEM bags at all. I think the skipper links may not go as low as the controller, but you can search the other the OEM air suspension thread here in the 460 forum that I started. I believe skipper links were heavily discussed

Also for broken_tsi, send a PM to the vendor FIGS here on CL. He has a shop in Denver and needs a 460 to test out for adjustable camber arms. There may be some bennies for your time and efforts. I used to live in Denver, otherwise I would of been all over that...so hit them up on PM and tell them you have a LS460 and heard they needed a car to look at for measurements, etc.

Last edited by CJITTY; 02-18-13 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-18-13, 05:49 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

I emailed them Thursday or Friday inquiring about that and I should be working with them as long as those wheels on vsc are still available. I'm sure I can still help, but I'm much more excited to drive up to Denver if I can stunt on the way back. Haha!
Old 02-18-13, 06:33 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...5&d=1322079603

This is about the height that I'm looking for or rominl's height on the rtv's. is this sustainable?
Old 02-19-13, 06:00 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Alright - starting to get sort of frustrated with this. I've used CJITTY's "height high" reset method and it doesn't seem to work.
I have some pics to explain...

First I'll set the car to 5 all around. Here is what the controller says - all is good except the rear driver is way lower and it looks dumb from the back

No biggie. I set it back to stock height - 0 all around and it's pretty much even. I don't expect it to be exactly the same all around. This looks correct for the most part.

I try to do setting 4 all around. I am sure I'm on an even surface everytime I do this as well. Now all is well except now the rear passenger is higher than the other three corners. This wouldn't be an issue if it were in the front because they are independent of each other. BUT you would think that the rears would raise and lower at the same height...

Not sure what else to do. I've adjusted it ALL day and tried going back to stock height and then back down. In super L mode, it is even all around from what I can tell. It's only when I use anything other than stock (0) or Super L that it becomes uneven. Is anyone else's like this?
Old 02-20-13, 07:34 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Alright - starting to get sort of frustrated with this. I've used CJITTY's "height high" reset method and it doesn't seem to work.
I have some pics to explain...

First I'll set the car to 5 all around. Here is what the controller says - all is good except the rear driver is way lower and it looks dumb from the back

No biggie. I set it back to stock height - 0 all around and it's pretty much even. I don't expect it to be exactly the same all around. This looks correct for the most part.

I try to do setting 4 all around. I am sure I'm on an even surface everytime I do this as well. Now all is well except now the rear passenger is higher than the other three corners. This wouldn't be an issue if it were in the front because they are independent of each other. BUT you would think that the rears would raise and lower at the same height...

Not sure what else to do. I've adjusted it ALL day and tried going back to stock height and then back down. In super L mode, it is even all around from what I can tell. It's only when I use anything other than stock (0) or Super L that it becomes uneven. Is anyone else's like this?
Ok, I think this is where this link ----> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...djustable.html will address this. I was even on my controller up until about 3 months ago when I hit a pothole doing a uturn..it was a chunk of blacktop missing and full of water so when I hit it, I think it knocked the adjustment some. So now, my controller always shows the front passenger as a little lower than the other positions. BUT..when I use the finger gap test around each tire, it is always even. Basically at level 4 front and 3 rear, I have a 3 finger gap up front and a 2 finger gap rear..it is always even despite the controller showing uneven heights. So give that a shot and see if the controller matches what you physically can measure outside the car.
Old 02-20-13, 07:44 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Ok, I think this is where this link ----> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...djustable.html will address this. I was even on my controller up until about 3 months ago when I hit a pothole doing a uturn..it was a chunk of blacktop missing and full of water so when I hit it, I think it knocked the adjustment some. So now, my controller always shows the front passenger as a little lower than the other positions. BUT..when I use the finger gap test around each tire, it is always even. Basically at level 4 front and 3 rear, I have a 3 finger gap up front and a 2 finger gap rear..it is always even despite the controller showing uneven heights. So give that a shot and see if the controller matches what you physically can measure outside the car.
I was hoping you'd chime in.

I've done the finger gap test as well and although I wish you were right in that the controller is not displaying correctly, it is actually uneven. The passenger side is always higher - it is even visibly noticeable.

However - I have thought about playing with those links with all of this happening. My thought is that one of them has to be turned a bit and it's causing it to be uneven...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread