LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Extended warranty recommendation

Old 09-14-12, 06:26 AM
madlad
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I googled Fidelity Warranty Services and found a web site that listed 85 complaints vs. Fidelity, mostly dealing with denial of claims. Doesn't give me a "warm-fuzzy" about this company even though Lexus recommends it. I'm of the opinion that all 3rd party warranty companies operate under the same business model: Pay me for the coverage and we'll deny your claim if you file one, especially if the claim is a significant amount. The Lexus person assured me that replacement parts would be Lexus OEM parts only. Some of the complaints suggest otherwise. Apparantly, Fidelity uses, "normal wear and tear" a lot to deny claims, though not stated in their policy terms and conditions. Again, I'm going to pass on an extended warranty because I just don't trust the compnies that offer the coverage. I'd rather pay for the repairs myself if need be than put out a few grand for "coverage" only to have a claim denied and wind up paying for repairs out-of-pocket anyway. Thanks to all who participated in this thread

Last edited by madlad; 09-14-12 at 06:33 AM. Reason: added comments
Old 10-04-12, 11:47 AM
mafitch
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just another positive review for Jerry at Midwest Toyota Superstore

He hooked me up with a 6 year/100K mile Lexus Platinum Warranty with Zero Deductible on my new 2012 LS 460.

My savings over the exact same product offered to me here, at my local Lexus dealer was....

almost 1200 dollars.

I highly recommend giving him a call. It took 2 phone calls and an email to get it done. All told, less than an hour.
Old 10-29-12, 06:27 PM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My Lexus SA told me he had good experiences with Route 66. I checked around but you have to buy their extended warranty through a participating Credit Union or bank that primarily sells it for their customers who finance. None are near me so couldn't check the pricing. I am going to get the Lexus Platinum since I am still under the factory warranty at this time.

Last edited by USLEX; 11-07-12 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-23-12, 07:49 PM
DriverDad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by USLEX
My Lexus SA told me he had good experiences with Route 66. I checked around but you have to buy their extended warranty through a participating Credit Union or bank that primarily sells it for their customers who finance. None are near me so couldn't check the pricing. I am going to get the Lexus Platinum since I am still under the factory warranty at this time.
My credit union actually uses route 66 and I was thinking of grabbing it. I was hoping someone could give me some experience on it first.
Old 12-24-12, 09:29 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Get the Lexus Platinum extended warranty from Jerry Johnson Midwest Toyota.

It's a no-brainer.
Old 12-24-12, 10:12 AM
DriverDad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RandyV
Get the Lexus Platinum extended warranty from Jerry Johnson Midwest Toyota.

It's a no-brainer.
If you check around / call some dealerships you'll see that the Route 66 one is one of the best warranty's. In fact it days it covers everything but the GPS. (Which is pricey, I know.

But they have 0 deductible, and will let you go to the lexus dealer for work. And the price is great.

I just bought a 2007 rx 350 with 87k miles on it so I'm not able to get the lexus one, but the Route 66 one is the next best thing!
Old 01-07-13, 06:50 AM
wchain
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought an aftermarket warranty from my Credit Union, already paid for itself twofold with the control arms and one air strut. Dealer said the company was easy to work with. 100 dollar deductible.
Old 01-07-13, 08:54 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 for real lexus Platinum warranty at a discount from Jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota. I've dealt with him twice. He's good people, honest and easy to deal with. Last November he hooked me up with an 8 YR / 100,000 mile Zero deductible Platinum Warranty on my 2008 SC 430 or $2,485.

I've been burnt previously when an after market company went bankrupt.

The Lexus Platinum is very similar to the original 4 yr 50k warranty. It includes unlimited towing, loaner car, zero deductible and as a bonus a prorated refund if you cancel or sell your car before the warranty runs out.

It's worth the time to call Jerry for a free quote at 800-530-5789.

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 01-07-13 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-07-13, 09:34 AM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

I know some dealers are impossible to negoiate with, but then again, I do not buy anything from them. Find a good dealer and stick with them and you can get good deals. I got my LS at a very good price and got the upgraded chrome wheels at their cost. I also negoiated the 8 year Platinum warranty same as the one quoted above with 0 deductible for $1965. They do not sell retail over the phone on their warranties, but they take care of their customers, if you ask. They originally wanted about 500 dollars more. I just stated I am sure you can do better and can come close to matching the guys online. At that point they sold it to me for the above quoted price.
Old 01-07-13, 11:18 AM
SGTH20
Driver School Candidate

Hello all, I'm new to the group,just joined. Very helpful warranty info.
Good communication is definitely the key!
Old 01-07-13, 04:41 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Valley101
I know some dealers are impossible to negotiate with, but then again, I do not buy anything from them. Find a good dealer and stick with them and you can get good deals. I got my LS at a very good price and got the upgraded chrome wheels at their cost. I also negotiated the 8 year Platinum warranty same as the one quoted above with 0 deductible for $1965. They do not sell retail over the phone on their warranties, but they take care of their customers, if you ask. They originally wanted about 500 dollars more. I just stated I am sure you can do better and can come close to matching the guys online. At that point they sold it to me for the above quoted price.
Florida Law REQUIRES dealers to sell extended warranties at list/retail price. This law was enacted to prevent dealers gouging customers by marking up cost.

You can purchase Lexus warranty from any Toyota or Lexus dealer in the country and it is valid in all states.

Jerry Johnson at Midwest will sell at about a 30% discount off list.

Here are the recent quotes I received from Jerry Johnson for a Level 3 car. My LS460 and SC430s are considered Level 3.

L3-LEXUS

6 YEAR 70,000 MILES $1,005.00,
6 YEAR 100,000 MILES $1,590.00
6 YEARS 125,000 MILES $2,210.00

7 YEARS 75,000 MILES $1,550.00,
7 YEAR 100,000 MILES $2,040.00
7 YEARS 125,000 MILES $2,845.00

8 YEAR 75,000 MILES $1,765.00
8 YEARS 100,000 MILES $2,485.00
8 YEARS 125,000 MILES $3,610.00

This warranty is directly from Lexus and any warranty work will need to be done at your Lexus dealer or any Lexus dealer in your state or any state in the USA or Canada

Please feel free to give me a call I would be happy to go over the warranty with you.

Thank you so much

Jerry Johnson
Warranty Manager
Midwest Toyota
Midwest Ford
Midwest Superstore
1100 east 30th
Hutchinson, Ks 67502
800-530-5789
Cell 620-664-8844

jerryj@midwestsuperstore.com
www.midwestsuperstore.com
Hours Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9am Central time until 8pm
Friday and Saturday 9am Central time until 7pm
I will be out of the office on Wednesdays and Sunday
Old 01-09-13, 12:07 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 408 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Valley101
You cannot get a Lexus extended warranty after your original factory warranty expires.

As for aftermarket warranties, I have no experience with them. However, a friend of mine has one from a place called "Warranty Direct" and she has used it twice and it paid the claims with no hassle. One claim was for a couple of hundred dollars, and the other was for $560. This is by no way an endorsement of them.
I have had excellent experiences with Warranty Direct on two very trouble-prone Ford products. That being said, I have a Warranty Direct policy on my 2009 LS460 AWD but I'm only at 43,000 miles so it won't really kick in until 50,000...about 6-8 more months for me. But, yeah, they were great with my Fords....they lost serious money on both, but I never had a problem collecting. And I used the (higher priced than an independent) dealer, too. The dealer was reluctant, in the beginning, to get involved with my claim. I guaranteed payment with my own credit card to get the service manager to agree to do the repair, but in the end Warranty Direct paid exactly as per the contract via a credit card number given over the phone to the dealer. The manager told me he's never seen an non factory warranty work like that, without hassle. After that first time they were happy to get my Warranty Direct work.
Old 01-09-13, 05:57 AM
wchain
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by daryll40
I have had excellent experiences with Warranty Direct on two very trouble-prone Ford products. That being said, I have a Warranty Direct policy on my 2009 LS460 AWD but I'm only at 43,000 miles so it won't really kick in until 50,000...about 6-8 more months for me. But, yeah, they were great with my Fords....they lost serious money on both, but I never had a problem collecting. And I used the (higher priced than an independent) dealer, too. The dealer was reluctant, in the beginning, to get involved with my claim. I guaranteed payment with my own credit card to get the service manager to agree to do the repair, but in the end Warranty Direct paid exactly as per the contract via a credit card number given over the phone to the dealer. The manager told me he's never seen an non factory warranty work like that, without hassle. After that first time they were happy to get my Warranty Direct work.
I also had a Warranty Direct, and I cancelled them after a bunch of BS on a Navigator, ended up buying Ford ESP, and never had any issues after that.

Look at the number of complaints they have on the BBB Site.
http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-...ta-ga-27306422

Apparently they handle all the claims, because they still have an "A+ Rating" with BBB.

My service writer balked a little when I showed him that I had an extended warranty, but later he said they were easy to work with. He told me typically they tell the customer to pay and get reimbursement from the company at a later date.

Go figure.

I'm using Auto Exam extended warranty this time.

Last edited by wchain; 01-09-13 at 06:07 AM.
Old 01-09-13, 06:30 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 408 Likes on 282 Posts

WCHAIN, it's not clear what you are saying about Warranty Direct. You had "a bunch of BS", but your service writer was OK with them. And the web site had about 200 complaints over 3 years, but all were settled. Frankly that doesn't sound like much considering the number of policies they sell and the fact that there are different policies, some with more "gaps" than others and people don't read the fine print until there is a problem. I am not defending them, just trying to understand if you have a legit "beef" or not.
Old 01-09-13, 06:38 AM
wchain
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by daryll40
WCHAIN, it's not clear what you are saying about Warranty Direct. You had "a bunch of BS", but your service writer was OK with them. And the web site had about 200 complaints over 3 years, but all were settled. Frankly that doesn't sound like much considering the number of policies they sell and the fact that there are different policies, some with more "gaps" than others and people don't read the fine print until there is a problem. I am not defending them, just trying to understand if you have a legit "beef" or not.
No Sir. I had a bunch of BS with WD , so I cancelled them on a Lincoln Navigator. Every time something went wrong, they would try to deny or try to get out paying for a portion of the repair like teardown or alignments that needed to be done after the repair. "We will replace the ball joint, but the alignment is at your cost."

116 Complaints about WD in the last 12 months that were resolved. 81 that were not resolved due to unhappy customers.

Read more here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/w...%20direct.aspx

My current car has the Auto Exam warranty, which the Lexus dealer said was actually OK to work with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Extended warranty recommendation