LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Letter to Lexus Enform

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-12, 09:50 AM
ikeb
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Letter to Lexus Enform

this is a letter i sent to lexus

I was outside of kingman, az, on tuesday when a warning light cam on my car. Yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. Along with that was a message that stated "oil maintanence is required"

I called Lexus enform and they didn't know what the hell it was!! I spent a half hour on the emergency line with your worthless help line and they just said take the car to a dealer asap. I asked if i could make it home to newport beach and they said they had no idea. after talking to your idiots, i called the westminster lexus service department and was told that it just means that i should bring the car in for the 15,000 mile service and don't worry about the warning.

I took the car in yesterday and they changed the oil and did the 15,000 mile service.

My problem is - if i am paying for info via the lexus enform, how come no one in the enform (customer satisfaction) knew what the **** the warning light was for?

I've use the service once, and no one in your enform department knew what the hell i was talking about.

At my first oportunity i am going to sell my car and get a BMW 7 series or a Mercedes S series in order to get the service i deserve and am paying for.

your enform is a "****ing joke"
Old 08-24-12, 09:57 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

You might try reading your manual. Could save you a lot of time.
Old 08-24-12, 10:08 AM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you are expecting too much from Lexus Enform...

From their website:
It's the convenience of live, 24-hour navigation assistance. It's the peace of mind of knowing emergency services can be requested at the press of a button or even automatically.
If your airbag had gone off they would call an ambulance, but they wouldn't be able to tell you how to set a broken bone.

Next time call "Click and Klack" http://www.cartalk.com

You're upset but look on the bright side, you didn't miss your 15,000 service.

jeff
Old 08-24-12, 10:31 AM
ikeb
Driver

I think both of you are wrong - the lexus enform is supposed to be a help line - not just an emergency line.

And yes - i am pissed off about their stupidity!!!!
Old 08-24-12, 10:46 AM
MarkGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ikeb
I think both of you are wrong - the lexus enform is supposed to be a help line - not just an emergency line.

I'm not sure where you got the idea it was a help line. That was never my understanding.

I use Destination Assist frequently and will happily pay to extend my service.

You can also download the Enform app if you have a supported device. There is a section on the app called Vehicle Information. I didn't see your particular error symbol, but on my car ('12 LS), I got the same symbol and a message stating I needed to schedule my next service. It was very clear.

Hope this is helpful.....
Old 08-24-12, 10:59 AM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

I do agree that they should have known what that warning meant, I mean it is pretty self-explanatory. But switching to a 7 or S because of it is a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old 08-24-12, 11:24 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

I would think you would know what the hell "Oil Maintance Required" would mean. I dont see how much more dumb down it could get than that. Is this your first car?

No offense but when I got my personal introduction to Lexus Enform never did they ever say, "call us when you hear a noise on your engine we will explain it to you".

That's what an owner's manual is for. Just like a manual wont give you directions to a location.
Old 08-24-12, 02:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I see your point, BUT I will admit I am surprised you were not aware of that yellow light. Thankfully you are ok and the cart is fine
Old 08-24-12, 02:17 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why you mad tho?
Old 08-24-12, 02:25 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

In this case, I believe you have confused "enform" and "inform".

The Lexus Enform is supposed to be a "help line" when you are in dire need of help - whether it be Roadside Assistance, Emergency SOS, Stolen Vehicle and Collision Notification.

In your situation, your car was still operating and driving just fine - a warning light that goes on should not be any reason to have raised your blood pressure. Now you know what to do when it comes on again.
Old 08-24-12, 06:09 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

this is a letter i sent to lexus

I was outside of kingman, az, on tuesday when a warning light cam on my car. Yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. Along with that was a message that stated "oil maintanence is required"

I called Lexus enform and they didn't know what the hell it was!! I spent a half hour on the emergency line with your worthless help line and they just said take the car to a dealer asap. I asked if i could make it home to newport beach and they said they had no idea. after talking to your idiots, i called the westminster lexus service department and was told that it just means that i should bring the car in for the 15,000 mile service and don't worry about the warning.

I took the car in yesterday and they changed the oil and did the 15,000 mile service.

My problem is - if i am paying for info via the lexus enform, how come no one in the enform (customer satisfaction) knew what the **** the warning light was for?

I've use the service once, and no one in your enform department knew what the hell i was talking about.

At my first oportunity i am going to sell my car and get a BMW 7 series or a Mercedes S series in order to get the service i deserve and am paying for.

your enform is a "****ing joke"
Hey I feel your frustration, but you do understand that you are responsible for your own maintenance. I know a lot of these luxury cars do give us a false sense of security and they do all the thinking most of the time. Once you calm down you will understand what everyone else is saying. You do have a great car and it did what it supposed to do, "It got you to go to the dealership and get the damn oil maintenance ". Didn't it? Lol
Old 08-24-12, 06:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am assuming if you were not aware of that light you have always had your car serviced before the indicator light came on. I usually wait until it comes on for a few seconds and that when I schedule my appointment for service, but I dont do it early usually
Old 08-25-12, 10:30 AM
ikeb
Driver

have never seen a light before - My question to enform was:

does this light mean i have low oil and a potential major engine problem if i don't pull over and stop or does the warning light mean - take the car in at your earliest convenience but don't worry about it.

they could not answer this basic question!!!!!

the last thing i needed was to be stranded in the middle of nowhere on i40
Old 08-25-12, 10:37 AM
ikeb
Driver

I only signed up for enform for the roadside assistance, help, and built in "find my car sensor"

what good is lexus enform if its only for roadside assistance - aaa is cheaper and has always been very, very good. And, i could put lojack in the car to help if the car is stolen.

ps i use my iphone's navigon app for my gps. I prefer 2012 technology vs 2002 technology. thus having enform send me gps settings is worthless.
Old 08-25-12, 10:39 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

the last thing i needed was to be stranded in the middle of nowhere on i40
Well, that's exactly what Enform and Safety Connect and services like that do for you. It gives them your exact location and if you need help from the "Mounties" then they can make that call for you. It is really about making sure that you can get emergency help with a single call if you are stranded. As for advice about warning messages from your instruments, perhaps that is beyond the scope of their service.

Quick Reply: Letter to Lexus Enform