LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My driving impressions of the 2013 LS460....

Old 08-13-12, 11:39 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockville
I just used my iPad and android phone for quick pix but I'm not sure how to load them to the CL blog. Any suggestions? Thx.

As a side note Lexus takes the cars and maintains them on premises and replaces tires and brakes if there is any wear and tear. The LS460's and 600's get a warm bath and fresh detail every morning to keep them looking spiffy for the press.

The 12.3 inch high def display has a smaller enclosure than the GS without the horizontal band across the dash. We tested the Mark Levinson's Bass response with Rhianna and even Donna Summer and it didn't waffle and clarity was crystal. The models equipped with rear DVD have a Blu Ray player now.

With all of the discussion on the forum about the modest increase in Horsepower I must say that may be the only minor change along with the door sheet metal. Horsepower is a rather abstract concept that few people are able to explain. Because it is a number it is easy to compare. Torque is readily understood and you can actually feel it. Lexus has resolutely shied away from power adders like turbochargers and superchargers and remains normally aspirated. If they want more power they just make it a hybrid. Who else can say that?

The thing I like about the new LS is that it has panache. Even though I would be proud to pull up in an F Sport it would be hard to part with my new leather and metal key fob...Uh I'll just park it myself thank you.
Rock,

PM me your contact info, I will host them up for you.

-Ryan
Old 08-17-12, 05:23 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default LKA needs clear lines to work...

We didn't have but a few exits between the Google campus and Palo Alto and traffic was flowing in the early afternoon. I was using the right lane and the LKA dropped out when some Jersey walls obscured the lane line on the right. Since the radar cruise will now come to a complete stop on its own and pause for a second or two then you will have to cover the brake pedal. I think you will need to accelerate to at least 25 MPH before cruise can be activated again but it's not that complicated. Might be a lifesaver for a distracted or compromised driver and others in their lane...I haven't experienced the driver attention monitor, so little time in the saddle.

Rock
Old 08-17-12, 05:32 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

That's an awesome review. The 2013 LS sounds pretty cool.
Old 08-17-12, 01:22 PM
SDkath
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for posting this! You have a "way with words"! I cannot wait to see it IRL! I think I am going to order the one with the black wood. It looks incredible in the pix.
Old 08-20-12, 06:08 PM
btdt22
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you.............I think? This review could prove expensive fro me
Old 08-20-12, 06:14 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by btdt22
Thank you.............I think? This review could prove expensive fro me
Give it some time btdt22 soon it will be in reach
Old 08-21-12, 10:31 AM
MarkGS
Rookie

The interiors were all beautiful in their own way. The Bamboo on the 600hL was striking with its natural tones but not for everyone. The Shimamoku wood was a rich depiction of craftsmanship. Do not prejudge the matte finish before you see it because it reminds me of fine Scandinavian hand rubbed furniture. The embossed metal finish adds an interesting element with the Lexus "L"s in a repeating matrix.

Rock
Awesome review. Thanks!

I have the 2012 LS Sport, which has the matte wood interior. If the matte wood trim is anything like what they were putting in the 2012 LS Sport, then its a wonderful trim. I really love it.
Old 08-21-12, 03:57 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default The grain of the wood

And warmth comes through on the matte finish. On some other threads they were concerned that it would cheapen the interior look because it is not the traditional approach. The Shimamoku is equally impressive and unusual. Lexus is now treading where others cannot follow....

Rock

Last edited by Rockville; 08-21-12 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-21-12, 11:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I have hosted a full gallery of Rockville's photos on the Official CL Facebook Page:

CLICK HERE: Rockville's 2013 Lexus LS Photo Gallery

Thanks for sharing these with us Rock!
Old 08-22-12, 06:48 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great job flipside909, great job indeed!!!!!
Old 08-22-12, 06:53 PM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Awesome write up.

Can't wait to drive these.
Old 08-26-12, 09:05 PM
NM600HL
Driver School Candidate

Suhweeeet! Fabulous descriptions!
Old 10-27-12, 12:56 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default First production LS460's arriving now..

The next shoe to drop will be the first of the F Sport models which will definitely turn a lot of heads. The lowered body just looks fast when it is standing still. The seats wrap around you like a teenage girlfriend. The suspension is firm and comfortable like a posturpedic....

Drive one yourself and it will be the best trick or treat ever.

Rock
Old 10-29-12, 08:26 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

The next shoe to drop will be the first of the F Sport models which will definitely turn a lot of heads. The lowered body just looks fast when it is standing still. The seats wrap around you like a teenage girlfriend. The suspension is firm and comfortable like a posturpedic....

Drive one yourself and it will be the best trick or treat ever.

Rock
Rock, you need to start writing some marketing materials for Lexus :-)
Old 10-31-12, 04:52 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I sat inside a '13 LS-460 L today. I've noticed the rear seats are higher, of at least feel higher. I feels like you're seeing the front people from a higher stance.

I liked the big nav screen, and the leather wrapped glove box, but for my surprise, the latch to open the glove box is as cheap as it can be. Makes a 'plastiky' noise on open and close, and it feels really cheap, out of a corolla.

For my money... I wouldn't trade my '07 for the '13. The changes (at least the ones I can see on the surface) aren't big enough to justify the upgrade. I didn't drive the car, so this perception could change.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My driving impressions of the 2013 LS460....