LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Need Help with Decision 2008-09 600hL or 2010+ 460L or ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-12, 01:40 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

keeping it short.... OP #2 or OP #3. i'm the impatient type so waiting on the 600Hs price to drop after the new LS reveal tonight,, IDK. i'm sure you have another car to drive in the meantime,, if so then i'd wait for the 600H. love the 460L with hella options. nah,,, i'd wait on the 600H.
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for your reply I don't know anybody on here but I do know cars and I know a lot about Lexus after about having 4 of them. I chimed in on your other thread and I agree with your comments about the cars u are searching for. I have a 460L with all those option and It did take awhile to find it, and I had the same back and forth issue between the 460L and the 600. To me it came down to if I bought and kept for period of time which would be better, and for me it came down to the 460L because I don't know much about the battery or the electric motor on the 600 as far as cost after warranty expires but I was able to purchase either one. I respect all of u guys on here because we all have one thing we do agree on and that thing is we love our "Lexus". Good luck on your decession and did think and still do think that u had one of the hardiest 460 on this site whether it be swb or lwb.
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Valley101
The Lexus cars with air suspension is maybe not a good idea. They have been a trouble area for Lexus and I read where air suspension will not be available starting with the 2013 model. May want to think that over because a repair or replacement in that area will run in the thousands of dollars once the warranty is expired.
I have heard of a couple issues, but I think the overwhelming majority of folks on our 460/600 forum have not had major issues with their a/s. My non air strut blew out and I had that fixed pretty cheap. I know that is not as expensive as air, but strut issues do occur. Most warranties don't cover the strut itself, but usually the susp ecu components are covered. I'm assuming the newer suspensions won't necessarily lower the car, but just adjust dampening similar to the Tein EDFC controller. I'm assuming that is how the new GS is setup. Adjustable suspension minus ride height adjustment
Old 07-30-12, 01:47 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Thanks for your reply I don't know anybody on here but I do know cars and I know a lot about Lexus after about having 4 of them. I chimed in on your other thread and I agree with your comments about the cars u are searching for. I have a 460L with all those option and It did take awhile to find it, and I had the same back and forth issue between the 460L and the 600. To me it came down to if I bought and kept for period of time which would be better, and for me it came down to the 460L because I don't know much about the battery or the electric motor on the 600 as far as cost after warranty expires but I was able to purchase either one. I respect all of u guys on here because we all have one thing we do agree on and that thing is we love our "Lexus". Good luck on your decession and did think and still do think that u had one of the hardiest 460 on this site whether it be swb or lwb.
I appreciate that. The good thing is, the reason that made my car look good is still in my garage, so the VOSSENs will go right back on the new LS. With the data systems module, I can enjoy that fine tune lowering that air susp owners get the pleasure of having. The LS is just a boss car and I am sold on it, so like my big bro Tee sez: "good things come to those who wait"...but dang, it is hard to not have one. What keeps me going is the fact that I sold my LS for top dollar as a private seller and essentially (outside of mods) was paying about $155 a month for the time I had it..
Old 07-30-12, 01:53 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
keeping it short.... OP #2 or OP #3. i'm the impatient type so waiting on the 600Hs price to drop after the new LS reveal tonight,, IDK. i'm sure you have another car to drive in the meantime,, if so then i'd wait for the 600H. love the 460L with hella options. nah,,, i'd wait on the 600H.
Well, like i mentioned in my first post, carpooling with wife since we work at same company so that has made a huge difference. I sold my 03 Acura TL about 6 months ago, long before I even thought I would be selling my LS..but I made good money on that deal too...so now, just stacking up money with no payment. I'm really in a good spot, but I am going to try and really hunt for one. I may even lower my requirement and leave the rear seat upgrade option behind and focus primarly on air/susp and adaptive cruise/pre collision and full rear shades...those are much more easy to find, even in white color. Finding a rear armrest with lots of buttons is hard to find, but will be so much more rewarding if I can find a solid setup with good history and warranty
Old 07-30-12, 01:54 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

I say go with the 460L, by the way mine is smoky granite and man that color looks good as hell during the daytime and at night. Maybe I will post some pics when figure that out.
Old 07-30-12, 02:23 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by SBlexus
I say go with the 460L, by the way mine is smoky granite and man that color looks good as hell during the daytime and at night. Maybe I will post some pics when figure that out.
There is a thread on how to post pics. using a photo hosting site like Flikr works good, but if you click "go advanced" when replying to a post, you can click on the "manage attachments" button below and then upload pics that way. That is the easist for folks that may not know how to post pics via a hosting service. I like the SGM color and not ******* it out in any way. It just wasn't a color I considered. White is my top choice, then black again, then SGM. The SGM seems to be a very popular color in not only some of the Lexus commericials, but other car makers that have similar versions as well. I would of snagged that CPO SGM 600, but for some reason I think there is more to it than meets the eye..CPO or not.
Old 07-30-12, 02:39 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CJITTY
There is a thread on how to post pics. using a photo hosting site like Flikr works good, but if you click "go advanced" when replying to a post, you can click on the "manage attachments" button below and then upload pics that way. That is the easist for folks that may not know how to post pics via a hosting service. I like the SGM color and not ******* it out in any way. It just wasn't a color I considered. White is my top choice, then black again, then SGM. The SGM seems to be a very popular color in not only some of the Lexus commericials, but other car makers that have similar versions as well. I would of snagged that CPO SGM 600, but for some reason I think there is more to it than meets the eye..CPO or not.
True dat, and thanks for the tip.
Old 07-30-12, 04:30 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

CJITTY,

The L model that you are looking for is very rare. I was looking for a new one recently and the dealter in Orlando told me that they had only received 2 of them in the last year. The rear seat upgrade ($84,890) does not seem to be very popular. The L that is one notch lower with a sticker price of $83,596 is much more common. It has everything you want except the rear seat upgrade. I finally decided to get a white car with dynamic radar cruise control, a/s, pre collision system, etc. I decided that my kids were the only ones who would ride in the rear. I have three so they would not have the rear armrest down either. That being the case it would never get used.

Good luck as you look for your perfect car. I'm on my third LS and loving it!
Old 07-30-12, 06:01 PM
washgsxr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey bro just hang in there, something will come up. Just went though the same thing several months ago. I say wait for what you want. Man check Dallas area they normally have a boat load of LS 460's. just my 2 cents.
Old 07-31-12, 06:05 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Valley101
The Lexus cars with air suspension is maybe not a good idea. They have been a trouble area for Lexus and I read where air suspension will not be available starting with the 2013 model. May want to think that over because a repair or replacement in that area will run in the thousands of dollars once the warranty is expired.
A/S issues have been rare on the 460 but for the 430 UL the same cannot be said. The 2013 LS460/460L/600HL will have A/S option, I'm sure Lexus as improved it as well lie with the cooled seats etc.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help with Decision 2008-09 600hL or 2010+ 460L or ?-2013-as.jpg  
Old 07-31-12, 04:38 PM
CJITTY

Wow...look at all those buttons soaking up that woodgrain! Got Damm
Old 07-31-12, 11:17 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Wow...look at all those buttons soaking up that woodgrain! Got Damm
soooooo, young man what will it be, OP#2, OP#3, or the 2013 LS F-Sport
Old 08-01-12, 04:13 AM
CJITTY

2013 is out of the picture until 2016 or so...still debating
Old 08-03-12, 05:32 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 160 Posts

Decent looking silver/black at Sewell certified pre-owned just listed.

Quick Reply: Need Help with Decision 2008-09 600hL or 2010+ 460L or ?