Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS460, LS460L and LS600h
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Taking delivery of my 2008 LS600hL....

Old 07-11-12, 02:21 PM   #16
CJITTY
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

CJATL404

I'm going through a broker to find my next car like I did for my 460 I just sold. Saved tons of cash and my car was solid..the recent 600hL sales at auctions are low to mid $40k range for average condition..a little higher for above average condition. A very small fee to my broker for his trouble and I'm still clearing huge savings. Since it won't be CPO, I will pay $1k for my credit unions platinum zero deductible warranty that adds 5 years or an additional 60k miles to the odometer for piece of mind. Now..if I can talk Lexus down $9 or $10k..then I would do it but that's a tall order. If anyone has CPO success stories getting CPO cars for near or below current retail pricing averages.. I would love to hear your stories.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 04:30 PM   #17
mafitch
Driver School Candidate

As always, the key to getting the best deal on an CPO car is finding one that's been on the lot for 30+ days. I got mine for less than trade-in value because it was at a low volume dealer (also good) and they had it on the lot for close to 60 days.

Check the smaller dealerships.... Lexus of Charleston in SC for instance sells 3 LS's a month.
mafitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 06:48 PM   #18
CJITTY
Lexus Champion

CJATL404

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafitch View Post
As always, the key to getting the best deal on an CPO car is finding one that's been on the lot for 30+ days. I got mine for less than trade-in value because it was at a low volume dealer (also good) and they had it on the lot for close to 60 days.

Check the smaller dealerships.... Lexus of Charleston in SC for instance sells 3 LS's a month.
That is an Excellent point! I was noticing that on the web..prices at smaller dealerships seem to be at a lower starting point with similar mileage as cars on bigger lots in bigger cities. I may just go in and lowball to see what happens. I may get another black LS like my previous if a white one doesn't appear within the next 60 days that I can actually bid on. My preferred is white, but those are hard to come by.

Side note..in an effort to help my fellow CLers..there are two white 600s out there for sale right now with the Premium Package II i was seriously considering. One in TX and one in PA. Let me warn everyone that each of those have clean carfax's, BUT, I did my homework which included looking at Lexus service records and calling the service advisors at nearby Lexus dealers and I was shocked by the information I received. Bottom line, stay clear, major work has been done on each. When you see what appear to be mint condition Starfire Pearl White 600s on sale for over 4 months, something is wrong..very wrong! My gut was right. I will not post the VINs because I was told over the phone by service advisors and looking around on myLexus, so I don't have any other proof besides those sources. Bottom line, don't rely on carfax. Have the car inspected by another Lexus dealer that is not involved with the sale or even a sister dealership. Also, a carfax is great for getting history on where the car has been and some accidents are reported there. The Experian Autocheck is an awesome tool that usually catches things that carfax doesn't. you HAVE to do your homework!!
Old 07-11-12, 09:09 PM   #19
patgilm
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
That is an Excellent point! I was noticing that on the web..prices at smaller dealerships seem to be at a lower starting point with similar mileage as cars on bigger lots in bigger cities. I may just go in and lowball to see what happens. I may get another black LS like my previous if a white one doesn't appear within the next 60 days that I can actually bid on. My preferred is white, but those are hard to come by.

Side note..in an effort to help my fellow CLers..there are two white 600s out there for sale right now with the Premium Package II i was seriously considering. One in TX and one in PA. Let me warn everyone that each of those have clean carfax's, BUT, I did my homework which included looking at Lexus service records and calling the service advisors at nearby Lexus dealers and I was shocked by the information I received. Bottom line, stay clear, major work has been done on each. When you see what appear to be mint condition Starfire Pearl White 600s on sale for over 4 months, something is wrong..very wrong! My gut was right. I will not post the VINs because I was told over the phone by service advisors and looking around on myLexus, so I don't have any other proof besides those sources. Bottom line, don't rely on carfax. Have the car inspected by another Lexus dealer that is not involved with the sale or even a sister dealership. Also, a carfax is great for getting history on where the car has been and some accidents are reported there. The Experian Autocheck is an awesome tool that usually catches things that carfax doesn't. you HAVE to do your homework!!
I was going to consider the one in PA you were talking about but they were asking too much and the factory warranty expired. Strange thing is that the seller states that it is the cleanest white one around, maybe his definition of clean is different than mine. Just curious, what major work was done on the PA one?

The white one I picked up was a late model 08 that still had the factory warranty until mid October 2012 which was important to me and was a one owner trade in. Like you, I pulled the Lexus service records and called the dealer it was serviced at and found out exactly what was done and noticed the only thing problematic was two air shocks were replaced.
2013 GTR Premium White/Black
1997 Viper GTS Blue/White Stripes (sold)
patgilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 09:34 PM   #20
CJITTY
Lexus Champion

CJATL404

I was told it was wrecked and repaired at a non Lexus approved body shop via some GM dealer and they installed the air suspension wrong which the dealer had to fix. This was from the service advisor who jumped into the tech notes for me..so I bailed
Old 07-14-12, 07:23 PM   #21
zbushkin
Driver School Candidate

My dad has an '08 600 with the exec seating...perfect condition. Not a scratch on there. Asking $50k. Roughly 41,000 miles.

If anyone in socal is interested, PM me - he's got a week before lease is up. Click the image to open in full size.
zbushkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 10:28 PM   #22
iamcandyca
Rookie

andrea.anderson.169 iamcandycane

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbushkin View Post
My dad has an '08 600 with the exec seating...perfect condition. Not a scratch on there. Asking $50k. Roughly 41,000 miles.

If anyone in socal is interested, PM me - he's got a week before lease is up. Click the image to open in full size.
wow!!! love that i sometimes wish my 2010 exec seating was hybird! i paid 56k but the car was FULLY LOADED! i mean every single option! and its black on black so just RARE all around! but dang i would have gotten this car if it were a 2010 or later! lol love that LEXUS ENFORM lol makes life simple GOOD LUCK! and upload more pics if yo ucan
iamcandyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 12:58 AM   #23
CJITTY
Lexus Champion

CJATL404

That's a damn good price..wrong color for me as well as I can't do exec but I think he's low on the price but I know its priced to sell..phenominal deal
Old 07-15-12, 06:57 PM   #24
PRESIDENTE
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)

I'm also on the hunt for a 2010+ LS600 White on black or gray interior with executive seating... All I keep finding are white on the parchment. I still have plenty of time to search and I'm definitely in no hurry to pull the trigger. I "WILL NOT SETTLE" for anything less!!!!!
PRESIDENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 08:59 PM   #25
zbushkin
Driver School Candidate

Will post a few more pics here as well as a new thread
Old 07-15-12, 09:01 PM   #26
zbushkin
Driver School Candidate

Club lexus wont let me start a thread in the buy / sell section so I guess I'll do it here lol. If anyone lives in Beverly
Hills / LA and could vouch for me as being a legitimate seller I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 07-15-12, 09:58 PM   #27
zbushkin
Driver School Candidate

Here are a few.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by zbushkin; 07-16-12 at 11:10 AM..
Old 08-30-12, 07:28 AM   #28
farming
Pole Position

That is one nice car there bush!
farming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 03:17 PM   #29
LXurious
Lead Lap

Prometh600

Thats a steal at that price for those miles. Where are the 19s tho?
LXurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 03:32 PM   #30
patgilm
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXurious View Post
Thats a steal at that price for those miles. Where are the 19s tho?
The exec package 600hL comes with the 18's and the non exec comes with the 19's.
2013 GTR Premium White/Black
1997 Viper GTS Blue/White Stripes (sold)
patgilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 03:32 PM