LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-12, 04:38 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Yep, I always want loaded models on luxury cars. The only car I bought is not loaded is my Sienna LE, because it's not a luxury car.

All my past cars are loaded or special edition ( 2 LS430 ULs and my individual 7 for example ), granted I didn't buy them brand new, but I always try to find rare combos and loaded examples.
It is smarter to buy used, especially on a luxury car. I bought 3 brand new cars in my life, never again.

I actually prefer fully loaded cars on everything I own, I hate knowing I could have that feature but I don't because I cheap out. Up to a point though, like I would rather have a stripped down base model Ferrari then a fully loaded Japanese car for the same price. Just because the car itself is so much cooler I am just so desperetely want an exotic car!
Old 08-02-12, 06:15 PM
modernx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a few more photos:

Old 08-02-12, 06:37 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Since we're a bit off topic...lets bring it back in line....

Official LS 600h F SPORT photos from Lexus Europe:
Is the 600 F Sport in Europe SWB only?
Old 08-02-12, 06:52 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
Have to agree with this. BNR34 seems like he's going off assumptions based on past Lexuses.And that he has absolutely no idea how the new GS ride/handles. He doesn't seem to realize the sea-change in ride and handling the new GS has introduced to Lexus.
it is very typical old-model owner not liking new model :-).
Old 08-02-12, 07:02 PM
JessePS

Originally Posted by LexusChris
Wow no LS 600 hl F-Sport that would be the ultimate high end luxury sedan for us!
I was thinking of the same LS600hL F-Sport w/all the other goodies from the Ultra package
Old 08-02-12, 07:16 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Yep, I always want loaded models on luxury cars. The only car I bought is not loaded is my Sienna LE, because it's not a luxury car.

All my past cars are loaded or special edition ( 2 LS430 ULs and my individual 7 for example ), granted I didn't buy them brand new, but I always try to find rare combos and loaded examples.
Problem is unless you special order one it is nearly impossible to get or find a fully loaded LS and if you do you are likely to compromise on color or something else. Even the executive package doesn't have all the options. Most are missing driver attention monitor and lane keep assist.
Old 08-02-12, 09:04 PM
SDkath
Driver School Candidate

That black stripy black wood look is growing on me. Thanks for the photos!

DARN IT! Website updated to say "arriving in November." UGH. That's later than I hoped...

Last edited by SDkath; 08-02-12 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-02-12, 11:53 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Is the 600 F Sport in Europe SWB only?
Yeah SWB only.
Old 08-03-12, 12:08 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
^^ wish the wheels fit like that in production.
That angle looks like it fits better, but the stance is a lot better. Both of the LS F Sports both the RWD and AWD they had on display in San Francisco sat at the same ride height. It's a welcome surprise...and these cars at the event had real vin #s and vin plates.

Originally Posted by LexusChris
Wow no LS 600 hl F-Sport that would be the ultimate high end luxury sedan for us!
It would but sport and long wheelbase don't really go together. B7 Alpina is a great example of that.

Originally Posted by Ty419
I wonder if the three-spoke steering wheel is standard across the board or if the non-sport models will have the typical four-spoke wheel. I'm not a big fan of three-spoke steering wheels in a luxury car.
From the 3 LS' they had at in SF, they were all 3 spoke. This is a first for the LS as they have been 4 spoke from the start.

So far all the pics that have been published are the loaded ultra luxury and F Sport versions...

Originally Posted by BNR34
That is the point of buying a LS, so I can have everything.

I don't understand people that buy stripped down base model top level luxury car, if I want a stripped down car, I'll buy a Camry.

It is all or nothing for me.
I have to agree with you on this. Premium flagship car, should have the all the options. No shorcuts or missing options.

Agreed. When I buy a luxury brand and expect all the options available to me.

Originally Posted by spwolf
it is very typical old-model owner not liking new model :-).
History repeats itself again. Happened with every model year except the first generation of each Lexus model of course LOL.

Originally Posted by patgilm
Problem is unless you special order one it is nearly impossible to get or find a fully loaded LS and if you do you are likely to compromise on color or something else. Even the executive package doesn't have all the options. Most are missing driver attention monitor and lane keep assist.
Yeah those options are rare on the LS. But granted that Driver Attention Monitor and LKA are finally more often seen with 4th Gen GS, I have high hopes this will apply for this Gen 4.5 LS.
Old 08-03-12, 01:29 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will a wood shifter be an option? The alumium doesn't really match the steering wheel.

Last edited by blacksc400; 08-03-12 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-03-12, 01:55 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Not sure on that shifter. I'm sure we'll find out more details in the coming weeks.
Old 08-03-12, 05:29 AM
Car Nut
Driver

I love cut out view pictures of cars. They used to be painted by hand but the digital ones are equally nice. The picture of the LS is really grand. I wonder if Lexus will do a poster of it.
Old 08-03-12, 08:23 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

I am really loving the unique & bright "Ultra White" color thats going to be offered on the "F-Sport" Model only..!!

Can't wait to here which other 5 colors are selected..

Also the Two Tone wheels looks awesome as well..!!

~ Joe Z

~ Lexus Pressroom ~

The all-new LS 460 F SPORT combines a more aggressive exterior with a unique sport interior featuring F SPORT seats with larger bolsters, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters and genuine aluminum trim. With a sport tuned air suspension that has been lowered 0.4 inches, a Torsen® limited slip rear differential (RWD model), Brembo six-piston caliper brakes, and 19” forged wheels with summer or all-season tires, the LS F SPORT promises to be the most engaging LS ever.

Exterior Design
  • The inverted trapezoidal upper grille and slanted lower grille that were first introduced on the GS sedan have been combined and integrated into a single element on the LS to create a more prominent spindle shape.
  • When equipped with the optional three projector LED headlamp unit, the LS offers all LED exterior lighting, including turn signals an fog lamps
  • LS 460 F SPORT features a unique front fascia with an enhanced three-dimensional mesh grille, larger cooling openings, black grille surround, and round fog lamps. A chrome-plated bar running along the bottom edge of the rear bumper accentuates the lowered center of gravity. F SPORT exterior badging completes the look.
  • LS F SPORT offers Six exterior colors; Ultra White is exclusive to F SPORT.

F SPORT
• 19-inch forged alloy wheels
• Aluminum pedals
• Brembo brakes
• F SPORT door scuff plates
• Limited Slip Differential (RWD only)
• Paddle shifters
• Sport-tuned air suspension
• Sport seats
• Unique interior

Last edited by Joe Z; 08-03-12 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-03-12, 09:52 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Old 08-03-12, 09:58 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909

It would but sport and long wheelbase don't really go together. B7 Alpina is a great example of that.

I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. The S-Class AMG is a perfect example of why sport can work with LWB.

Quick Reply: Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread