LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Prevent Rubbing on 22's

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-12, 08:49 PM
MacLexN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
I just got a headache reading this hahahaha jk!!
and I got confused even more, but I'll just search to find out what all that means ... thinking about changing my username ... MacSearchN
Old 05-16-12, 09:23 PM
MacLexN
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lextrician
oooooh yeahh... my guest understand!!!! ......
Not really, but I've decided to play nice ...
Old 05-16-12, 09:49 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MacLexN
Not really, but I've decided to play nice ...
just trying to give you some options and what i had to do. but unless you do what others have tried and done you are going rub. no need to change your user name we know who u are!!!! lol.. enjoy the 460 bro.
Old 05-16-12, 09:52 PM
MacLexN
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lextrician
just trying to give you some options and what i had to do. but unless you do what others have tried and done you are going rub. no need to change your user name we know who u are!!!! lol.. enjoy the 460 bro.
and I appreciate the input and guidance ... That's exactly why I joined the board AND have been asking questions AFTER searching and NOT finding what I was looking for ... I'll do my best to enjoy my LS 460 ("Black MACgic")
Old 05-17-12, 03:39 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Please post your setup details in this thread to help others in their research https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=604361
Old 05-20-12, 07:47 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Im running 295/30/22 in the rear but had the fenders rolled. Only to fold the lip though, not to bring the fender out any and I dont have a rubbing issue. Running 10.5 wheels. You might want to take a look at the offset.
Old 05-20-12, 05:04 PM
MacLexN
Rookie

Will I be able to tell the difference between stock and rolled fenders? I really wouldn't know what to look for .... I like the idea of rolling just to fold the lip, that sounds like my kind of solution
Old 05-29-12, 11:25 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by MacLexN
Will I be able to tell the difference between stock and rolled fenders? I really wouldn't know what to look for .... I like the idea of rolling just to fold the lip, that sounds like my kind of solution
if you feel the underside of the rear fender lip, there is a plastic like piece..that can be removed that is basically horizontal.. fender rolling will fold that lip up against the outer fender to remove the horizontal part..i think it is a few mm wide, so it will make a difference. I may end up doing what Busa did and go with a 285 or 295/30 rear tire to get some additional sidewall protection and smoother ride than the 25 series i have now

This image probably shows this off the best..you can search on fender rolling on youtube..tons of videos and some places allow you to rent the tool and do it yourself..but, you have to heat the paint up a little to avoid paint cracking..or just have it done professionally
Old 05-29-12, 02:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I used a metal file to take the fender lip down a couple of milimeters . Worked well and I only had to shave it at about 2 oclock
Old 05-29-12, 09:49 PM
MacLexN
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CJITTY
if you feel the underside of the rear fender lip, there is a plastic like piece..that can be removed that is basically horizontal.. fender rolling will fold that lip up against the outer fender to remove the horizontal part..i think it is a few mm wide, so it will make a difference. I may end up doing what Busa did and go with a 285 or 295/30 rear tire to get some additional sidewall protection and smoother ride than the 25 series i have now

This image probably shows this off the best..you can search on fender rolling on youtube..tons of videos and some places allow you to rent the tool and do it yourself..but, you have to heat the paint up a little to avoid paint cracking..or just have it done professionally
I was worried about shaving and lsoing that plastic piece and if it would take away from the integrity of the vehicle. This rolling the inside sounds like a good way to do it, now I just need to find a reputable shop to make it happen in a timely and cost effective manner.

Thanks!!!!
Old 11-12-13, 07:56 AM
Z0SICK
Driver School Candidate

it seems like the 22's are evidently problematic..... does anyone know the safest offset not to rub (F. & R.) inner or outer for 22" wheels? seems like a lot of members have luck with Vossen but they probably don't disclose their offsets..

Last edited by Z0SICK; 11-12-13 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-12-13, 10:50 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

if you are running a 265 and rubbing in the rear its 100% your wheel offsets imho.

I have taken a simple a metal file from home depot and put on some protective eye wear and just simply file down the 3-4" area that rubs. It worked with my GS350 and I fully intend on doing it to the LS. I have company coming in for the holidays and I want to file down the lip before they come. I might even do it this weekend
Old 11-12-13, 01:45 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Z0SICK
it seems like the 22's are evidently problematic..... does anyone know the safest offset not to rub (F. & R.) inner or outer for 22" wheels? seems like a lot of members have luck with Vossen but they probably don't disclose their offsets..
Not true at all !!!!!..Did you look at the wheel and tire sticky thread at the top of this forum??? This has ALL the info you need to know what works.
Here ---> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ls-thread.html

Over 50 posts from LS460 and LS600 members with their tire sizes, offsets, wheel model and whether or not we are rubbing with our setups and more all posted in great template format for easy reference. 22s are no issue at all for many of us, so please review ALL OF THE PAGES of that very helpful thread and then come back here if you don't get your answers there.

I wish there was a way to make that thread more obvious because forum members always seem to not review the top sticky threads..this thread has exactly the detail you wish to have...hey mods, maybe some animated images next to the thread to direct users to see those first because having them always at the top isn't good enough lol smh

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App

Last edited by CJITTY; 11-12-13 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-13-13, 12:31 PM
Z0SICK
Driver School Candidate

It looks like Vossen has the most success with not rubbing... Offsets are unknown? I'm curious for full loaded car, no finder rolling or mods, not lowered, straight bolt on.... offsets? - trying to avoid the old hit and miss and shred a tire like this fellow thread starter.
Old 11-13-13, 05:02 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Z0SICK
It looks like Vossen has the most success with not rubbing... Offsets are unknown? I'm curious for full loaded car, no finder rolling or mods, not lowered, straight bolt on.... offsets? - trying to avoid the old hit and miss and shred a tire like this fellow thread starter.
What are you talking about unknown offsets !?! There are way more posts with offsets clearly listed in that thread than those who weren't sure and not listed. I know for a fact my 2 posts with diff vossen wheels have offsets posted. Are you all actually looking at all the data listed?!?!?

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App

Quick Reply: Prevent Rubbing on 22's