LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Understanding Lexus talk

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-12, 05:22 PM
GregCon
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Understanding Lexus talk

Can someone with a doctorate in English help me understand the following:

Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package
$5,645

Mark Levinson audio system with satellite; DVD/VCD; Nineteen upgraded speaker(s); Navigational systems : information type: full map and voice and touch screen controls DVD and color; Parking distance sensors front and radar , parking distance sensors rear and camera; Wireless connection Bluetooth; Voice activating system includes navigation system; NavTraffic/real time traffic capability; Excludes: [NA] Navigation/Advanced Parking Guidance Pkg And [NP] Navigation/Levinson/Advanced Parking Pkg And [NV] Navigation System w/Backup Camera

I understand it right up until the word 'Excludes' where it then lists a bunch of the same items that it just said it includes.
Old 04-14-12, 05:33 PM
LS430black
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That means with $5645, you will only have the Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package, those packages mentioned in "Excludes" required adding more money.
Old 04-14-12, 06:48 PM
GregCon
Driver

But in lines one it states nav system and in line three it states rear camera - then it is extra money?
Old 04-14-12, 07:04 PM
LS430black
Pole Position

I don't really get your idea, but in short, anything not mentioned in the package will need extra money. I'll explain to you from what I understand: Start from "Excludes", there are 3 packages:
1. Navigation/Advanced Parking Guidance Pkg: It is excluded because your package doesn't come with the Advanced Parking Guidance
2. Navigation/Levinson/Advanced Parking Pkg: The same reason. This package also includes ML audio, which doesn't appear on the first package.
3. Navigation System w/Backup Camera: It may look the same as your desired package, but it's not. This package doesn't have ML audio.

So, do I explain well enough?
Old 04-14-12, 10:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

seems pretty clear to me
Old 04-15-12, 06:20 AM
GregCon
Driver

Well......I suppose part of my problem is I don;t have a complete listing of which packages are/were available.

But still.......I have a hard time understanding the logic behind the wording used. Here's another example:

Touring Package - $2,985
Front and rear wheels with 19 inch rim diam and 8.0 inch rim width; Front and rear conventional tires with 245 mm tire width, 45% tire profile and Y tire rating; Power steering variable rack; Front and rear suspension with air springs; Driver selectable responsive suspension; External dimensions: front track (inches): 63.3 and rear track (inches): 63.4; Excludes: [AS] Air Suspension

I know the car has air suspension. So why bother telling me the Touring package includes air suspension then telling me it excludes air suspension?

I'd hate to order lunch at the Lexus executive cafeteria. "I'd like a cheeseburger with tomato, mustard and pickles. Exclude the pickles. And make damn sure it has pickles......
Old 04-15-12, 07:39 AM
LS430black
Pole Position

If you know the rule, it's not so confusing. For the Touring Package, it excludes the "Air Suspension Package" because that package on the LSs does not come with the 19 inch wheels though it has air suspension. To simplify this, leave out all the things after the word "Excludes", what is mentioned in the package is what you will have.
Old 04-16-12, 07:23 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

for complete package lists - toyotareference.com under the LS line.
Old 04-17-12, 01:10 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

the way i read it was, you have the navigation w/mark levinson package.. then goes on to list all thats included in that package.. Excludes.. then shows other packages that can not be put on the vehicle.. the only real upgrade in the list is the nav w/ML an advanced parking pkg , the rest are lower options in the Ls line.. sorry for the confusion..

or in lay speak u'd have 2 all beef patties,special sauce,lettuce, cheese,pickles. on a regular bun..

the upgrade adds a sesame seed bun...

the other pkgs maybe missing other condiments that cannot be added due to pkg limits.. ie quarter pounder w/cheese comes with cheese but only a single patty...

Last edited by Shibumi1; 04-17-12 at 01:19 AM.
Old 04-17-12, 07:16 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

This is quite an amusing read, especially with all the references to burgers. I see all points of view on this, though I will say (as I've expressed in other posts) that Lexus could do a better job on this kind of stuff. Their "Build your XX" feature has improved a great deal, however.

For what it's worth, I find Carsdirect.com to be extremely helpful at dealing with this particular type of question. It is programmed to be smart and automatically prompts you to exclude/include stuff if necessary based on your last selection.
Old 04-17-12, 07:26 AM
GregCon
Driver

What has happened is that I bought an LS460L (unseen) that even the owner does not know what it does and doesn't have so I'm trying to decipher from his description how it is equipped. So far I am pleased that it seems to keep growing options and features, packages or not.
Old 04-17-12, 07:40 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by GregCon
What has happened is that I bought an LS460L (unseen) that even the owner does not know what it does and doesn't have so I'm trying to decipher from his description how it is equipped. So far I am pleased that it seems to keep growing options and features, packages or not.
Congratulations, for starters! Do you know the exact original MSRP? You could use some of the option pricing information you've dug up - together with any confirmed information you have - to put the pieces together. What year?
Old 04-17-12, 08:10 AM
GregCon
Driver

Thanks! It is black/black like yours. He will be sending me all the original paperwork and window sticker so once it arrives I will have it - I just am in the meantime anxious to know what it is.
Old 04-18-12, 07:33 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

should be able to get all avail info with the vin..