LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Coil over help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-12, 04:03 PM
RuCuS81
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil over help

I have some BC Racing coilovers installed on my 2007 LS460 and need to get access to them to adjust the dampening.

I have removed the rear seats and am stuck as to where to go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-03-12, 04:40 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

You will need to remove the rear interior C pillar covers and you should be able to get to the top of the rear strut and adjust the dampening screw..I don't have coilovers but that where the adjustment is...this car would be great for an edfc setup because it is a beeotch getting these seats out and such
Old 02-03-12, 04:53 PM
RuCuS81
Rookie

I finally found them, under the rear deck and now trying to get the covers off. What a PITA!
Old 02-03-12, 05:00 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RuCuS81
I have some BC Racing coilovers installed on my 2007 LS460 and need to get access to them to adjust the dampening.

I have removed the rear seats and am stuck as to where to go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you ever use Megan's coilvers? I've been hearing the BC are a much better ride. True or False?
Old 02-03-12, 05:49 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankyBoy
Did you ever use Megan's coilvers? I've been hearing the BC are a much better ride. True or False?
I'm also interested in knowing which of the coilovers rides better in that aspect also...I'm planning on going coilovers or air in the future (not anytime soon though) and it would be nice to see people input of the different varieties out there..
Old 02-03-12, 06:11 PM
RuCuS81
Rookie

Originally Posted by FrankyBoy
I've never used Megan's but I have heard a few people that have and ended up replacing them with BC's later on and were much happier.

As far as going with coilovers or air, I wish I would have done air. With the way this car is designed it is very hard to adjust the dampening in the rear.
Old 02-03-12, 08:14 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

i had a friend with coilovers that switched to air an he said he hated the ride too mushy (we have an aggressive driving style) so he went back to coilovers... just a heads up (unless u have a sportier ride in the garage) i do remember him saying the Megan's lacked the adjustment options of other brands..
Old 02-03-12, 09:05 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember on the bc site they had an extension but not sure if it is for the series for the ls. I had the bc's on a fx45 and they made a harsh ride smooth but still aggressive. I would check for those extension to maybe see if you can get them in the trunk for a better access I couldnt imagine having to take the seats off to adjust as I am always trying to dial in the right dampening.
Old 02-03-12, 09:11 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have megan LP and I dont need to remove my seats to get to the damper ****. I just pry my rear speaker deck up and reach in.
Old 02-03-12, 09:11 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
i had a friend with coilovers that switched to air an he said he hated the ride too mushy (we have an aggressive driving style) so he went back to coilovers... just a heads up (unless u have a sportier ride in the garage) i do remember him saying the Megan's lacked the adjustment options of other brands..
My megans LP are 32 way adjustable and they ride/handle very nice.
Old 02-03-12, 10:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I say when dialing in the suspension set up on a car like the LS, just go 80% max soft setting. You want to retain as much ride quality as possible. Anyone trying to get this car to handle really well with the geometry way off on a two and quarter ton luxury barge is nuts. I am surprised that TEIN hasn't jumped in with a set up for the LS. If they did we could get the EDFC and adjust stiffness while we drive
Old 02-03-12, 11:48 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah but if you are dropped you might want to go stiffer gurantee it wont be as harsh since they ls is floaty from the beginning. Yeah wassup with tein???? I have a set tanabe on there way but I already know that is just temporary till I get coils I am aggressive in the rear..
Old 02-04-12, 02:59 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lets start a petition for Tien to make us some coils!!! LOL EDFC in our cars would be sick
Old 02-04-12, 07:52 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

there are already coilover brands other than Tein that make coilovers for our cars:

JIC, Largus, Final Konexxion, Aragosta to name a few.

For anyone that wants to be UBER with their suspension on our cars, this is apparently available:

Reference: http://www.tpl.co.jp/aragosta/

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Last edited by brianlin87; 02-04-12 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-04-12, 08:42 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Coilovers with a cup kit is the best of both worlds, but that's baller status price right there ^.

Quick Reply: Coil over help