LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2008 LS460 Base - Newly buying

Old 01-31-12, 07:21 AM
vamsi03
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 LS460 Base - Newly buying

This is my first post after joining CL group.Please bear if I'm not following any rules

I have purchased a 2008 Ls460 Black/Black with 39K miles on it and it is Lexus certified.
I went and drove it yesterday and will be picking up the car tomorrow.

What documentation should i be given from the dealer at the time of pickup also what all accesories should be provided to me

Any other suggestions would be greatly helpful as i might forget everythng in the excitement

Will be posting pics soon

Thanks
Vamsi
Old 01-31-12, 10:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

hi vamsi, congrats on your new car and welcome to clublexus!

when you pick up the car, make sure you have the cpo document, user manual, navigation manual, some other supplement docs, leather case for the manuals, 2 key fob (both mechanical keys should work), cargo net, cargo mat, floor mats inside the cabin, spare tire and all the tools.

i don't know if this is on all ls460 or only on higher trim levels, but i remember there was a flash light in the glove box too
Old 01-31-12, 02:30 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Yes, congrats and welcome to the Club!

In addition to the manuals listed by Rominl, you should get a Warranty Guide, Quick Guide, and Lemon Law Guide (although that one may be moot by now). Definitely, DEFINITELY, get two key fobs. If the dealer has only one, I would insist that they provide a second one.

The cargo net and trunk mat were part of an option (which included wheel locks), so the car may not have these.
Old 01-31-12, 03:26 PM
vamsi03
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys. This information will be very helpful
Old 01-31-12, 03:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Yes, congrats and welcome to the Club!

In addition to the manuals listed by Rominl, you should get a Warranty Guide, Quick Guide, and Lemon Law Guide (although that one may be moot by now). Definitely, DEFINITELY, get two key fobs. If the dealer has only one, I would insist that they provide a second one.

The cargo net and trunk mat were part of an option (which included wheel locks), so the car may not have these.
yes, mats are technically dealer option, but of all the lexus i have yet to see one without it. of course, that's CA
Old 01-31-12, 04:00 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

I think the floor mats are standard, it's just the cargo net, trunk mat and wheel locks that are/were an option.
Old 01-31-12, 07:49 PM
gphil7
Driver School Candidate

I'm a newbie too. I have a 08 too, make sure they give you a full tank of gas and your 90 day free xm radio. Enjoy !
Old 01-31-12, 08:02 PM
Jsavage
Driver School Candidate

Welcome to CL Vamsi. Being a CPO Lexus, the dealership should provide two keys (have them provide a second if there's only one), owners manual, floor mats (just like the key, ask for mats to be provided), carfax, repairs made to the LS prior to sale.
Congrats on your purchase, it's a beautiful vehicle and please post some pics when available.
Cheers,
Lexus Sales Associate
Old 01-31-12, 10:33 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Right, it can be helpful when last time was in service, so you can figure when next time to change oil, although more likely you have a window sticker with reminder.
My car came also with medical box, you may ak for it if missed.
Old 02-02-12, 08:14 AM
vamsi03
Driver School Candidate

purchased at woodfeild lexus chicago and drove it madison yesterday.Was a great feeling to dive it.I have made a checklist of all the input that was given to me and everything was given to me except floor mats which they told would send them thorugh mail within a week.
Have to start reading the manuals and familiarize myself with all the controls

one thing i noticed was the wind noise. Is wind noise a problem for this model or it just mine.

as this is CPO certified will other Lexus dealership whom i would be going from now fix this for no additional cost
Old 02-02-12, 08:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by vamsi03
purchased at woodfeild lexus chicago and drove it madison yesterday.Was a great feeling to dive it.I have made a checklist of all the input that was given to me and everything was given to me except floor mats which they told would send them thorugh mail within a week.
Have to start reading the manuals and familiarize myself with all the controls

one thing i noticed was the wind noise. Is wind noise a problem for this model or it just mine.

as this is CPO certified will other Lexus dealership whom i would be going from now fix this for no additional cost
windnoise is common problem, search and you will find a huge thread on it, and also the fix that seems to work best that lexus isn't officially doing

if car is cpo, all dealerships are supposed to work on it the same, not just the one you bought it from

congrats again!
Old 02-02-12, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

here's the thread on the fix

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ght=wind+noise
Old 02-02-12, 10:16 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Instructions For The "JMcRaney Wind Noise Fix"

Here is the web link for jmcraney's WIND NOISE FIX.
Lexus cannot fix this because they refuse to understand this.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls460l-and-ls600h/506217-instructions-for-the-jmcraney-wind-noise-fix.html

Jeff's thread is worth reading ALL of the way through ...... It is complete and virtually a guaranteed fix. Any questions you may have ARE answered within this thread. Although Jeff has always been most gracious about answering anything.

Also, please know virtually anyone can do this - You do not have to be mechanically inclined to follow his directions and have the FIX WORK PERFECTLY. I don't think anyone has said anything other than after they did the fix their noise level was not reduced. By how much depended on how "bad" it was to begin with.

Congrats on your new ride - May you enjoy years of good times with it. And Welcome to Club Lexus !

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Old 02-03-12, 11:01 AM
vamsi03
Driver School Candidate

Thank You once again guys.That was extremely useful thread to know that everyone has a problem and there is a fix that we can try doing it ourselves
Old 02-03-12, 01:19 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vamsi03
Thank You once again guys.That was extremely useful thread to know that everyone has a problem and there is a fix that we can try doing it ourselves
Hey ~! No problem and you're most Welcome ! Glad you're here ! We all learn and share together. -
Without Club Lexus I'ld be stuck in Never-Never Land not know what "lipped wheels" are and how KEWL they are ! Have a GREAT weekend and enjoy your new Ride !
Mikey Lulejian- Lake Oconee, GA (And Bass Fishing s**ked today !) ... LOL !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 LS460 Base - Newly buying