LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

SUPERB Low Price on Akebono Ceramic Brake Pads

Old 10-18-11, 10:45 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up SUPERB Low Price on Akebono Ceramic Brake Pads

I have used Akebono ceramic pads successfully on many vehicles. From Mercury Gran Marquis', Ford Crown Vics, on a Jag Vanden Plas, on a MB SL500, to Ford F150's and now my LS460.

What most people do not understand is that AKEBONO holds two VERY distinctive Advantages for these type of brake pads:

-- 1) They INVENTED the Ceramic brake pad !

-- 2) They ARE the O.E. supplier to the MAJORITY of new car manufacturers who install these on the cars they build. No other brake pad manufacturer company can say this (Altho several do try - falsely)..

Subsequently, AKEBONO makes and sells MORE ceramic pads per year than any other company.

And the reason they do this is because the pads are simply THAT GOOD.

To repeat myself, these pads shine in:

1) Stopping power
2) Low to NO brake dusting
3) No squeal operation.

Yesterday I found what must be the LOWEST price anywhere on AKEBONO brake pads.

First, the necessary disclaimer(s): Please understand, I am new to this forum, and yet I do NOT work for AKEBONO nor "The Place for Brakes." I do not have any affiliation nor investment in either of these companies nor am I being compensated for these remarks. I just believe this strongly in my feelings. Lastly, I am not being compensated in any way for this or any other similar posting. All I wanna do actually is get out on my lake and bass fish for Large Mouths.

So yesterday I discovered a company and website that I had never previously found for supplying AKEBONO pads at a great price. It's called "The Place for Brakes" (Miami, FL).

Here is the web link:

http://www.placeforbrakes.com/produc...&car_year=2008

Fronts are $ 59.90 (pair)
Rears are $ 50.37 (pair)

Those prices are what I paid for a 2008 LS460. Other years MIGHT differ slightly. No sales tax (outside Fla) and the prices include FREE shipping.

I hope this helps someone else.

Best Wishes to all ........

Mikey Lulejian
Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited by Mikey100; 10-18-11 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-18-11, 11:10 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Wow..I'm on it! Thanks! I loved how these pads performed on other cars I have owned and pretty much zero dust issues!!!
Old 10-18-11, 11:18 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i had these on my GS - they were awesome!
Old 10-18-11, 12:29 PM
dormie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

do these come with shims, or should I also buy OEM shims from Sewell, or would they not work with the aftermarket pads?

What about the "mounting kit" also separately sold by Lexus? Sorry, haven't bought pads for this car before and trying to figure out what to get given lexus sells three different part numbers for the brakes (pads, mouting kit, shim kit). This is for a 2007 that has the old shim design that was supposedly updated to do away with the slight click you get when going from reverse to forward so i figured i would replace.

thanks!

Also, what's the thought on the best place to buy new rotors? I have some high speed shimmy under light braking so figured i would just go ahead and get new rotors rather than messing with turning the OEM ones.
Old 10-18-11, 02:33 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Default AKEBONO Ceramics - Shims and Lubricant

The AKEBONO's come "pre-shimmed" from the factory. So the work has been done for you, and you do not need to concern yourself with that.

Additionally, inside each box is lubricant, provided courtesy of your new friends @ AKEBONO.

The only advice AKEBONO or their dealers offer is to either "resurface" the rotors or to use new ones - depending on your vehicle's particular situation.

Please keep in mind ..... There are many people who obtain Superior braking performance and component life using NON-premium rotors. About 10 years ago there could be a better case made for using premium rotors. But that is not necessarily true today. If ya feel better using the top brand ($$$), make yourself happy. But please know it does NOT insure superior performance.

Good luck to all .......... We hope this information proves useful to many good members here.

Mikey Lulejian
Lake Oconee, GA

Old 10-18-11, 02:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

fantastic info, mike, thanks for all the write up!!!! guess i will give this a try when i need to replace the pads on the s!
Old 10-18-11, 02:49 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
fantastic info, mike, thanks for all the write up!!!! guess i will give this a try when i need to replace the pads on the s!
1) You're most welcome.

2) Happy to do this.

3) Cheap way to increase my post count ! ........ LOL ! Forgive me, please ......... ROFL !

Y'all play nicely now, y'hear ? !

Mikey
Down South

Old 10-18-11, 05:25 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

When I had the akenono proact on my Acura, they fit perfectly with zero noise, long pad life (even on slotted rotors) and no factory shims required. They are truly a good oem type replacement without the cost or dust! I will be ordering these pads and ebc ultimaxx rotors soon. Same combo on my TL and they work well together
Old 10-18-11, 06:55 PM
dormie
Driver School Candidate

Question

anyone run these ceramics on the OEM rotors?
Old 10-19-11, 09:48 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have also uses these akenono pads in many different type of cars in the past and i was very please with the product. Im currently using them on my LS430 front and rear with oem rotors and they work excellent without any problem. I give them two thumbs up
Old 10-19-11, 10:27 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for the price alert. Had them on my GS for years with no prob. Got them already on the LS.

Whats with different fonts/colors? i'm all for being individual and different but its a bit annoying to me...
Old 10-20-11, 06:34 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Based on some of the questions bring asked ........ It appears some people really aren't "getting it."

AKEBONO is the "O.E" (Original Equipment) supplier to NEW car manufacturers worldwide.

It somewhat boggles one's mind that Lexus on an upscale model such as the LS430, and now the LS460, does not INCLUDE ceramic pads on the vehicle new. But tons of other car manufacturers do across the globe. NO OTHER company sells as many CERAMIC pads as AKEBONO each year.

So...Yes ! AKEBONO work superbly on OE original Lexus rotors. You MIGHT wish to get your own rotors re-surfaced for the best possible performance. Altho it is NOT mandatory.

Since AKEBONO is the largest "O.E" supplier worldwide, they concentrate their efforts marketing-wise on NEW car manufacturers. And that is why you might never have heard of them previously.

But AKEBONO INVENTED this process, and they make MORE ceramic pads than anyone else - PERIOD !

Again...I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company. I am just a big believer in their products.

And frankly, I am tired of washing my LS460 - or needing to - after about 50 miles of driving - just to clean my wheels (from black brake dust).

Have a most Blessed day !

Mike Lulejian
Lake Oconee, GA

Old 10-20-11, 07:27 AM
MORE4MY 4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered some right now I have posie quite on the ls and there is no break dust so I am goinggoing to try out this set and see how things go
Old 10-20-11, 08:35 AM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome. Keep us updated.
Old 10-20-11, 03:11 PM
dormie
Driver School Candidate

just bought a set, will update when i get them on with initial thoughts!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SUPERB Low Price on Akebono Ceramic Brake Pads