LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Free Car Wash from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-11, 03:03 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
When I first bought my car I asked the dealer how they washed the car. They used an automatic car wash, so I told them to skip the wash and just do the interior. A couple years later they got rid of it and started to hand wash all cars. So since then I've let them wash the car.
Thats a lot of cars to handwash. Wonder how often they change the water in the bucket?
Old 10-02-11, 03:07 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Originally Posted by snoylekim
If it's the dealer I'm thinking of, they need to serve free breakfast because the Saturday AM wash line gets so darn long !!! ..do they also have the putting green over in the TV/Cafe area ???
The dealer I was going to is full of things to do. Putting green, game room, massage, massage chairs, hair salon, teeth whitening, gym and other things but their service is not that great. The one I goto now is a little far but it still have nice things like Ipads at every couch, putting green, massage chairs, and a zen garden.
Old 10-02-11, 03:22 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I like dealers with great technicians, pleasant people. The rest doesn't matter to me.
Old 10-02-11, 08:42 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You do realize that all the nice amenities and "frills" are cost that's pass down to you. Nothing is free in this world.

That's why I don't go to the "nice big dealership" near John Wayne Airport, the one close to my house in Orange County.
Old 10-03-11, 07:00 AM
ardakkz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys how about the touchless car washes? by touchless i mean touchLESS..we've got couple places here with automatic touchless carwashes. they rinz the car, soap, dry. basically there is no human factor at all whatsoever! i wash often and dont seem to have any scratches or anything. anyone got previous bad experience with the touchless?
ohh yeah and the dealerships...man they are all the same simply bcoz people work there) after having washed 10 cars and the 11th is urs...u really think they would care about ur paint... no man they will just wash it the the way they would any other car)
Old 10-03-11, 10:43 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

the dealership will scratch the car more but we are kidding ourselves if we think that we will be able to wash it without doing some damage ourselves.
Old 10-03-11, 11:00 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

There is an art to car washing to only minimize washing induced scratches. Two bucket method at a minimum. Some great how to videos on you tube
Old 10-03-11, 10:35 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Originally Posted by CJITTY
There is an art to car washing to only minimize washing induced scratches. Two bucket method at a minimum. Some great how to videos on you tube
There are great products out there that you dont even need a bucket. I actually use the soapjet between my dry washes and it keeps from going in and out of the bucket that you just put dirt in. Its simple and effective. You can find them around sometimes for about 7 bucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCyJV9TZxAM
Old 10-04-11, 04:27 AM
VA380
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hand wash is the only way to go, I totally agree. I specifically tell my dealership I don't want my car washed, they always look at me funny.
Old 10-04-11, 08:27 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 305Busa
There are great products out there that you dont even need a bucket. I actually use the soapjet between my dry washes and it keeps from going in and out of the bucket that you just put dirt in. Its simple and effective. You can find them around sometimes for about 7 bucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCyJV9TZxAM
Hey, that soap jet deal is nice! But a grit guard would be required to make this as effective as possible in reducing fine scratches from the sponge/mitt!

Here is the Grit Guard video for those not familiar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyQKb...eature=related

Last edited by CJITTY; 10-04-11 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-06-11, 10:16 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Touchless sucks. Doesn't get all the dirt off. Hand washing is best, also keeping up with polish/wax every several washes.
Old 10-06-11, 10:46 PM
305Busa
Instructor

The grit guard is nice but the only reason I use a bucket is for the wheels. Once you spray the car with the soap and water mix, I went the sponge and just go thru the whole car. I usually wash later in the evening right before the sun sets to keep the water from drying to quickly on the car.
Old 10-06-11, 10:58 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As was mentioned no matter how you wash accident will be inevitable here. Anyway,I work at a dealership. STAY AWAY FROM THE CAR WASH. LNM and PP have automatic drive thru washes. Both suck and will leave swirl marks everywhere. Our other store is hand wash and their even worse, One guy that actually takes pride in his work but the rest are just trying to get your car out of the way. I rather scratch my own car then allow someone to do it for me.
Old 01-25-15, 04:30 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Free Car Wash!!

Ive owned quite a few lexus. They all have been bought from private sellers never from dealer. I will be picking up a CPO RX350 tomorrow. Sales man told me about free car wash... I find this to be great news. Does anyone else use the complimentary car wash. Once a week might be a bit too much but when truck is dirty i don't mind taking it. If any of you take advantage... what do you tell them.... " Im here for complimentary car wash" thats it?
Old 01-25-15, 07:02 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
The two bucket method and quality microfiber wash cloth is the proper way to wash a dark car.
The best way is to use a foam attachment to your hose and apply foam to the car. Then take your microfiber wash mitt and go over each section at a time and rinse the mitt before moving to the next section.

I have used the free carwash at the dealer only because my car is white but it's still wrong.
The Lexus dealership can keep their cheap coffee and all of their fake perks. Those services are made to tempt the new rich. The same caliber people that steal the hangers and towels at a luxury hotel.
Not being rich I can still enjoy the finer things by pulling my own shots espresso and buying high quality detailing products that actually preserve the interior then harm it with the cheap products the dealer uses to keep that car wash free.

Quick Reply: Free Car Wash from dealer