LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Acceleration Problems after Dealer Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-11, 12:09 PM
lynnhipp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acceleration Problems after Dealer Oil Change

2008 LS460

Everytime time that I have had the dealer complete a service and oil change my car has bad acceleration problems for a week or two afterwards. The dealer has said that the cars computer shows no problems and of course it didn't act up when they test drove it. This week I had the 40,000 service done (oil change and tire rotation) and the acceleration hesitation is so bad that it is dangerous to drive.

Has anyone had similar problems or have any ideas on how to resolve this?
Old 08-20-11, 12:14 PM
lynnhipp
Driver School Candidate

2008 LS460

Everytime time that I have had the dealer complete a service and oil change, my car it has bad acceleration problems for a week or two afterwards. The dealer has said that the cars computer shows no problems and of course it doesn't act up when they test drive it. This week I had the 40,000 service done (oil change and tire rotation) and the acceleration hesitation is so bad that it is dangerous to drive.

Old 08-20-11, 12:17 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Welcome to CL.

For your particular model, we do have a 460 section:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...nd-ls600h-178/

There may be a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) or another issue that has come up outside ofthe oil change. A member in the 460 section might have some answers for you.
Old 08-20-11, 12:18 PM
lynnhipp
Driver School Candidate

2008 LS460

Everytime time that I have had the dealer complete a service and oil change, my car it has bad acceleration problems for a week or two afterwards. The dealer has said that the cars computer shows no problems and of course it doesn't act up when they test drive it. This week I had the 40,000 service done (oil change and tire rotation) and the acceleration hesitation is so bad that it is dangerous to drive.

Old 08-20-11, 04:45 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think engine oil has anything to do with hesitation and transmission gear shifting issues. That would be the tranny or the computer (software) that manages it.

I think if there was anything wrong with the oil, you'd be having issues with the engine temperature, blue or black smoke from the exhaust pipes, and/or engine noise.

I noticed after the VSR fix was performed and after the two battery changes I've done, the car became very noticeably responsive for awhile then responsiveness started to vary from time to time depending on its mood I guess.
Old 08-20-11, 05:39 PM
JRBTN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lynnhipp
2008 LS460

I agree with JFNash that the oil change has nothing to do with this, although I wonder if somehow the trans is being reset in the process. If so, it will have to relearn your driving style. You need to take someone from the service area with you to demo the problem if they say they can't duplicate it. They shoud be happy to do that.
Old 08-20-11, 07:00 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree with what the guys said not an oil change issue. However you need to have the dealer flash the tranny's computer with the latest update, I had this issue and after the update the car shifts smoother & more aggressive! I believe once you have the update taken care of your issue will be resolved.
The following users liked this post:
DrQuality (08-05-21)
Old 09-09-11, 09:20 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tee
I agree with what the guys said not an oil change issue. However you need to have the dealer flash the tranny's computer with the latest update, I had this issue and after the update the car shifts smoother & more aggressive! I believe once you have the update taken care of your issue will be resolved.
Im out of warranty so how much do you think it'll run me?
Old 09-15-11, 12:53 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

2008 LS460

Everytime time that I have had the dealer complete a service and oil change my car has bad acceleration problems for a week or two afterwards. The dealer has said that the cars computer shows no problems and of course it didn't act up when they test drove it. This week I had the 40,000 service done (oil change and tire rotation) and the acceleration hesitation is so bad that it is dangerous to drive.

My car is at the dealer at this time due to the hesitation acceleration issue. It's your heads that are not sitting properly to the valves. They are changing the head and i don't mind them doing it at all...at least my car will perform the way it should be. It will be under the power train warranty...i believe 70K mile or 5 year something like that. Print this below out and give it to you service advisor...he will think you are a genius and warranty it. Good luck...

check out this link:http://www.lambros.net/LexusTechInfo...SB-0033-08.pdf
Old 09-22-11, 09:48 PM
roundback
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by thomastan
link shows broken. can you give the full link please

thanks

googled filename, is this it ? will check it out.

LexusTechInfo/2007LS/L-SB-0033-08.pdf
Old 09-23-11, 06:55 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.lambros.net/LexusTechInfo...SB-0033-08.pdf
Old 07-27-12, 02:42 AM
pearlLS460
Driver School Candidate

Default Hesitation after oil change

2008 LS460

My 2008 LS460 did exactly that. After changing the oil and reseting the maintenance warning....my car now hesitates big time when at slow speed when trying to accelerate. Maybe it has something to do with the computer when you reset the maintenance reminder.?.?.?

Last edited by pearlLS460; 07-30-12 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-27-12, 12:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

do you think they are disconnecting the battery and causing the ECU to go into learning / granny mode
Old 07-30-12, 09:25 AM
pearlLS460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
do you think they are disconnecting the battery and causing the ECU to go into learning / granny mode
No that is not happening....I changed the oil myself and did not disconnect the battery.

I just dropped the car at Lexus....we'll see what happens.
Old 03-13-13, 04:32 PM
wchain
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Just picked up my ls460l from the dealer, and halfway home, realized I'm having the same issue.
Turned right around and dropped it back off.

We will see what they say.

Quick Reply: Acceleration Problems after Dealer Oil Change