LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Help!! Indicator Lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-11, 09:24 PM
rico9803
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Indicator Lights not working

My A/C indicator lights are not working. During the day they are dim but I can see them (barely). At night, when the navigation turns to night time display, I cannot see them at all. The only way that I can see them at night is if I turn the headlights off. During twilight, when the headlights turn on but the navigation is still on daytime, I can see the lights above the buttons. But as soon as my navigation switches to night time mode, it goes dark. Has anyone else had this problem and is aware of a solution?
Attached Thumbnails Help!! Indicator Lights not working-photo.jpg   Help!! Indicator Lights not working-img_0426.jpg  

Last edited by rico9803; 08-11-11 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 08-09-11, 09:54 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I take it you have adjusted your dash lights to full brightness and and this is not a setting issue?
Old 08-10-11, 06:14 AM
rico9803
Rookie

Originally Posted by cmasten
I take it you have adjusted your dash lights to full brightness and and this is not a setting issue?
I have adjusted the dash lights to full brightness and it has not helped. All of the other lights work, just not the ones around the AC.
Old 08-10-11, 06:37 AM
cmasten
Lead Lap

that is going to be a challenge to troubleshoot, unless you recently had the center console removed for a stereo upgrade or other. The only way to do this, I think would be a service manual and to step back one circuit at a time until you know where the problem arises. At the fuse block, into the console, at the console etc.. then you could begin to look for a broken wire, connector that is not tight, seems like it would be a common point if the whole AC/Dash region is out and everything else works.

You could try and just pull the center console and then put it back to see if its a connector that is just not quite making contact, I wish I could offer up more help then that...The electronics in this vehicle are complex, but checking the fuses, which are described in the owners manual might be another place to try.
Old 08-10-11, 08:14 AM
rico9803
Rookie

that is going to be a challenge to troubleshoot, unless you recently had the center console removed for a stereo upgrade or other. The only way to do this, I think would be a service manual and to step back one circuit at a time until you know where the problem arises. At the fuse block, into the console, at the console etc.. then you could begin to look for a broken wire, connector that is not tight, seems like it would be a common point if the whole AC/Dash region is out and everything else works.

You could try and just pull the center console and then put it back to see if its a connector that is just not quite making contact, I wish I could offer up more help then that...The electronics in this vehicle are complex, but checking the fuses, which are described in the owners manual might be another place to try.
Thank you for your help. I will start by looking for a fuse and then I will remove the center console and look for a loose or frayed connection. How do you remove the center console?
Old 08-10-11, 07:21 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

you may have to take it in, and hopefully they can just put a test probe on it and figure it out quickly. Taking the center console out is not a simple DIY to explain.
Old 08-10-11, 08:50 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you tried disconnecting the battery??
Old 08-11-11, 05:31 AM
rico9803
Rookie

Originally Posted by adamls2
Have you tried disconnecting the battery??
What are your thoughts on how that will help?
Old 08-11-11, 06:11 AM
rico9803
Rookie

I have the dash brightness to full strength during the day, is there a setting for night time mode?
Old 08-11-11, 06:54 AM
cmasten
Lead Lap

based on sensors in the dash its automatic on how it adjusts for daytime and night time. The brightness is just up or down. It does change based on whether your headlights are on or off.. for this reason I dont use the auto setting for my headlights, I only turn them on when I actually want them on, that may be something to look.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
sec_02-02.pdf (608.0 KB, 309 views)
Old 08-12-11, 03:27 AM
rico9803
Rookie

based on sensors in the dash its automatic on how it adjusts for daytime and night time. The brightness is just up or down. It does change based on whether your headlights are on or off.. for this reason I dont use the auto setting for my headlights, I only turn them on when I actually want them on, that may be something to look.
I adjusted the brightness with the headlights on and off and it does not affect the indicator lights. It seems like the problem is associated with the light sensor associated with the navigation. I arrived at this conclusion because when the headlights are in auto and are on but the navigation is still in day mode I can see the indicator lights. But as soon as the navigation turns to night mode the indicator lights go out. When I try to switch the navigation screen to day mode, the indicator lights are still out. The only way to get them back on is to turn the headlights off which also turns the navigation automatically to day mode.
Old 08-12-11, 03:28 AM
rico9803
Rookie

Does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram?